Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi, 

Looking to do a medical check up in Sriracha but the 40 km would be tiresome on my bike. I opened up my grab app and was qouted 800-1000 which is quite steep since I need to return as well. 

Are there any regular buses or van's going? Perhaps a website? 

34 minutes ago, halfaboy said:

Not sure where you want to start, but you can cheaply go with the blue Sukhumvit bahtbus. Costs will be around 35 baht starting at Naklua. Not too fast but nice to do.

Thanks! 

Do I understand you correctly that there are traditional baht buses going from Naklua to Sriracha for 35 baht? 

I salute your answer and I'll wait for more answers if there is perhaps a bus or van from central pattaya (or close). 

3 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Thanks! 

Do I understand you correctly that there are traditional baht buses going from Naklua to Sriracha for 35 baht? 

I salute your answer and I'll wait for more answers if there is perhaps a bus or van from central pattaya (or close). 

In the past when I have taken a van from bkk to pattaya it went along the sukhumvit road route and made a stop outside the robinsons department store in si racha. It might be worth your while asking the agents near the stop points what can goes that direction.

Edited by tombon
17 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Thanks! 

Where in Pattaya do you wish to depart from? The blue, and white baht buses stop all along sukhumvit. If it is not too far from where you live go check them out a few days in advance to ease your concern about what might happen "on the day".....My biggest concern is that Sod's Law states that when you don't want one it will be empty but when it is absolutely essential they will all be full ...

If baht buses are not a problem over that distance why not hire one for the day so that you are in complete control door to door and back again....???

42 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

If baht buses are not a problem over that distance why not hire one for the day so that you are in complete control door to door and back again....???

Likely to be similar price to an aircon meter taxi. I'd go for the comfortable option.

55 minutes ago, tallguy said:

Likely to be similar price to an aircon meter taxi. I'd go for the comfortable option.

There and back ..?? If the price is the same then sure I'd do the same...

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

There and back ..?? If the price is the same then sure I'd do the same...

Ultimately that would be down to the OP's negotiating skills. A buyers market at the moment, i reckon a taxi driver would rip your hand off for a return fare to Sri Racha.

• Like 1

I am waiting on confirmation on the health package price. Having the usual labs, USN and Cta so hoping for a 1/2 day visit. Thought about taking the bike also but to far.  Maybe look into the bus.35 baht sounds pretty good but not sure i want to be bounced about.   Nams wants 1500 for 5 hours .  I have a driver that probably needs the business, just read tallguys post and think my guy would jump at the ride. 

44 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

I am waiting on confirmation on the health package price. Having the usual labs, USN and Cta so hoping for a 1/2 day visit. Thought about taking the bike also but to far.  Maybe look into the bus.35 baht sounds pretty good but not sure i want to be bounced about.   Nams wants 1500 for 5 hours .  I have a driver that probably needs the business, just read tallguys post and think my guy would jump at the ride. 

If you hire a baht bus you can sit up front with no bouncing about too... 

I'd be interested to hear back on the health check price too ...

49 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I have found that some of the cabs are very cramped for my long legs, ok for a short local journey but wouldn't fancy going all the way to Sri Racha and back.

I would like the For Work Package 3,500 baht with add on Cancer screening labs #5 1200 baht.  Question is are these prices continuing, i will probably hire a driver for 1/2 day and wait so would an appointment be advisable?  Seems other than getting the labs the waiting would be for the ABD USN.        Also the CTA is 9700 baht. 

I should hear from the guy tomorrow

17 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I would rent a bigger bike for the day, like a PCX. What will that be, 300 baht or so, plus fuel? Hence avoiding the biggest problem, being dropped at Robinsons and struggling to get transport from there to the hospital...I know I had problems finding one of them once as it was well away from Sukhumvit. More an issue might be getting caught in a thunderstorm. People who usually spend time in Pattaya or Bangkok are often surprised how getting about on public transport is difficult in other Thai towns. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, jacko said:

I would rent a bigger bike for the day, like a PCX. What will that be, 300 baht or so, plus fuel? Hence avoiding the biggest problem, being dropped at Robinsons and struggling to get transport from there to the hospital...I know I had problems finding one of them once as it was well away from Sukhumvit. More an issue might be getting caught in a thunderstorm. People who usually spend time in Pattaya or Bangkok are often surprised how getting about on public transport is difficult in other Thai towns. 

I'll back you on the difficulty to get taxis in smaller cities. MyThai missus can easily find one in Sisaket, but me, I never can. On the other hand, in Kanchanaburi (where I spend quite some time) transport is easy to find.

Let us know how it goes, i road down that way to replace tires on the bike only 10 km.  Enough for me . Not so much the ride as the road construction and having someone on the back.. The hospital said the promotion is good until Friday. 

On 5/31/2020 at 2:38 PM, Bullfrog said:

I'd be interested to hear back on the health check price too ...

While I never had occasion to try it, I'd guess for an additional fee most drivers would allow a passenger to ride in the cab without a destination hire..     I did that constantly in AC  with the jeeps with no additional charge.    Whoever decided on the  roof height for jeeps in AC must have hated Westerners.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, 9cisco999 said:

While I never had occasion to try it, I'd guess for an additional fee most drivers would allow a passenger to ride in the cab without a destination hire..     I did that constantly in AC  with the jeeps with no additional charge.    Whoever decided on the  roof height for jeeps in AC must have hated Westerners.

I seem to recall the jeepneys being very uncomfortable, hard as rock suspension, but more experience in Manila.

1 hour ago, jacko said:

I seem to recall the jeepneys being very uncomfortable, hard as rock suspension, but more experience in Manila.

The trike taxi is even worse. Both are designed for smaller people made of sterner stuff than I.