Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

My next lockdown project.

As some of you may have read I recently renewed my interest in playing guitar. I'd gotten good enough to busk and played in some local bands but lugging a guitar around and travel did not go well together. 

I did learn some slide guitar and love that blues sound. But it's not so easy on a modern low action guitar as the idea is to stop the string with the slide not the frets. 

How fucking cool is this. 

• Upvote 4

This was my first introduction to how great slide guitar can sound. 

I was a huge fan of this band Tom Keifer the main guy was incredibly talented and a great showman. Swapping from grand piano to 3 different guitars all in one song live. 

Possibly not to everyone's taste but they shaped my musical direction and encouraged me to learn more and try new things. 

Long hair and eye liner got me more fucks back then, than I could ever afford to pay for in pattaya now. 

Awesome!  As a teenager, I had the pleasure of seeing the great Muddy Waters in concert, with James Cotton.  I also really enjoyed the live performances of Junior Wells with Buddy Guy.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, RhinoTusk said:

Awesome!  As a teenager, I had the pleasure of seeing the great Muddy Waters in concert, with James Cotton.  I also really enjoyed the live performances of Junior Wells with Buddy Guy.

Muddy waters was truly great. 

In a very small market town in the North of England just a few miles from me we had a very tiny working mens club that put a blues night on every fortnight. 

The guy who ran the club wrote to John Lee Hooker. Said hey. You haven't played in the UK in ages. Explained about the little blues club and said if he came to play he was welcome to crash on his sofa. A few weeks later there were we were watching the legendary Mr hooker playing in this little shit hole club in a little shit hole town in Lancashire. Could have sold tickets for hundreds of pounds but it was totally un promoted and usual £2entry fee. 

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...