Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 139 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Grab Your self a bargain

Hi just come across this if any one is planing to travel with Ethiad  in the next two years grab a bargain for every 250 worth of travel vouchers you purchase the will give you an extra 50% so buy $500 dollars worth get $750  buy $1000 dollars get $1500 dollars up to a max purchase of $63000 dollars  valid for two years  but be quick offer ends 24th June  heres the link to the offer hope this helps someone                 https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/book/special-offers/promotion/etihad-travel-voucher

Edited by martini9946
forgot the link
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, martini9946 said:

Hi just come across this if any one is planing to travel with Ethiad  in the next two years grab a bargain for every 250 worth of travel vouchers you purchase the will give you an extra 50% so buy $500 dollars worth get $750  buy $1000 dollars get $1500 dollars up to a max purchase of $63000 dollars  valid for two years  but be quick offer ends 24th June  heres the link to the offer hope this helps someone                 https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/book/special-offers/promotion/etihad-travel-voucher                                                       

Perhaps I'm too cynical but I wonder what that says about how long Etihad thinks the Covid-19 problem is going to last!

45 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Perhaps I'm too cynical but I wonder what that says about how long Etihad thinks the Covid-19 problem is going to last!

Maybe they have predicted the cost of a seat will rises by 50%   by the time is over. ? 

hope not,

you can purchase your flights now and if you book before 30th June for travel before end December 2020 you can cancel and re book for free for up to two years or just keep the 50% bonus and book within two years win win i think

1 hour ago, gs joe said:

Maybe they have predicted the cost of a seat will rises by 50%   by the time is over. ? 

hope not,

Sounds like there desperate for money and they have been struggling for years. You take a risk by buying vouchers because if the airplane went bankrupt or went into administration then those vouchers would be void.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, tombon said:

Sounds like there desperate for money and they have been struggling for years. You take a risk by buying vouchers because if the airplane went bankrupt or went into administration then those vouchers would be void.

you can use the vouchers as soon as they land in your account and just change your flights at a later date

4 hours ago, tombon said:

They receive billions in gov't subsidies. I don't see the government letting them fail.

46 minutes ago, 4wheels said:

They receive billions in gov't subsidies. I don't see the government letting them fail.

I think it depends on the size of the company. For instance, I was concerned a couple of months ago and wrote about the crash of the oil price and its impact on the US industry. A second small shale oil company has just filed for bankruptcy. These little fish will likely get eaten by bigger ones.

Don't get me wrong. I am not anti business and not anti Big Oil. It's just how the system tends to work.

10 hours ago, martini9946 said:

Be aware that this is simply Etihad creating it's own currency.....you cannot get your money refunded, it can only be spent with them, and it is only valid for 2 years. The good thing is, apparently it can be used on promotional deals. I doubt they will offer change, so you may find yourself buying superflous extras to avail it before expiry.

Common sense tells us there is far too much uncertainty to send money to an airline that may or may not be around.  And it may or not be safe to travel....

Cash is King.  Recommend keeping your money in the bank.  Who knows what may be coming our way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jacko said:

Be aware that this is simply Etihad creating it's own currency.....you cannot get your money refunded, it can only be spent with them, and it is only valid for 2 years. The good thing is, apparently it can be used on promotional deals. I doubt they will offer change, so you may find yourself buying superflous extras to avail it before expiry.

Or upgrading your cabin where previously that wasn't a consideration.

41 minutes ago, 4wheels said:

Or upgrading your cabin where previously that wasn't a consideration.

Would have buying a premium cabin to start with have worked out better? I was originally concerned that discounted tickets would not qualify or there would be other restrictions, but none are apparent. But I have always been suspicious of such offers, like buying airmiles off the carrier.... as Bigus says, cash is king usually.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, jacko said:

Would have buying a premium cabin to start with have worked out better? I was originally concerned that discounted tickets would not qualify or there would be other restrictions, but none are apparent. But I have always been suspicious of such offers, like buying airmiles off the carrier.... as Bigus says, cash is king usually.

I was referring to,"I doubt they will offer change, so you may find yourself buying superflous extras to avail it before expiry". Hence my reply of upgrading your cabin. As far as buying miles,I have no need but I do buy points from hotels when the the offer is at or near 100% bonus. 

As far as buying miles,UA is selling their loyalty program. "United to Put Up Frequent-Flier Program for $5 Billion Loan".

15 hours ago, martini9946 said:

you can use the vouchers as soon as they land in your account and just change your flights at a later date

Except for the fare difference is there any other cost for changing flights?

12 hours ago, 4wheels said:

I do agree with you that etihad wont be allowed to fail. 

They same yard stick springs to mind as it does with all 'pot of gold' inducements:

Why do you need my money at such a return to me, when normal market place finance is so much cheaper?

I got the email as flew Bizz with them in Dec 2018. Had a look for December and Bizz around £2250 so £1500 plus the 50% should be enough for flight. 

Booking Qatar through dream leisure is £1580 and they have the move flight for 2 years if due to fly and return by 31st December 2020 which I hopefully would be doing, however if I did need to move flights I've heard once they have your cash customer service not their strong point so I'm thinking of plan C. 

Book direct with Qatar which is £1770 but for the extra dealing with the organ grinder not the monkey and the peace of mind is probably worth it, and still getting a flight for less than £1800