Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hypothetical question

If you are holding a round trip ticket to Bangkok and arrive at the BKk airport during international flight ban. You are healthy with no COVID-19 symptoms

What will happen to you?

Can you plead the immigration to let you enter? Or Straight to 14 day quarantine? Or be stuck at the airport for duration of your ticket? Or something else?

note:  sarcastic people need not reply

Edited by syed
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand (May 27, 2020)
Event: Royal Thai Government Extends National State of Emergency; Beware Malware Associated with Fake Thai Chana System; Frequently Asked Questions

Royal Thai Government Extends Emergency Decree Until June 30, 2020
On May 26, the Royal Thai Government (RTG) decided to extend the national state of emergency until June 30, 2020, to prevent a second wave of COVID-19 infections in Thailand.  A national curfew from 11:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. remains in effect.  The ban on incoming international flights remains in effect also.  The RTG continues to discuss the further easing of lockdown measures.

https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-bangkok-thailand-may-27-2020/

The Covid-19 related Thailand page:

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

"...Those seeking entry must submit their application at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate General in the United States at least 10 business days before the date of intended departure. The application should include: (1) copy of a valid work permit or permission issued by an RTG agency to work in Thailand; and (2) a valid health insurance policy with coverage of at least $100,000, including coverage of COVID-19. If the request to enter is granted, the applicant must present the following at the airport: (1) boarding pass; (2) Certificate of Entry into the Kingdom of Thailand; (3) a completed and signed “Declaration Form;” (4) a “Fit-to-Fly” Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior; and (5) a valid health insurance policy with coverage of at least $100,000, including coverage of COVID-19. In addition, travelers are subject to 14-day state quarantine upon arrival in a government-approved facility at their own expense."

• Upvote 1

The answer should probably be that the airline would not allow you to board.  

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, syed said:

If you are holding a round trip ticket to Bangkok and arrive at the BKk airport during international flight ban. You are healthy with no COVID-19 symptoms

What will happen to you?

Can you plead the immigration to let you enter? Or Straight to 14 day quarantine? Or be stuck at the airport for duration of your ticket? Or something else?

There is a ban on international commercial flights. So you wouldn't get anywhere near immigration. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, syed said:

What will happen to you?

If you arrive from outside Thailand then you'll be put in prison, because the only way you would get in at the moment without the relevant criteria being met ( legally repatriated) then you'd have to have been a stowaway and as such an illegal immigrant. I don't think the Thai authorities take too kindly at illegal entry, probably less so by foreigners in the current climate.

The reality has already been mentioned here, but in answer to your hypothetical question, then the outcome above is probably the only feasible one.

You could maybe hypothesise the following:

An aircraft flying over Thailand in their airspace declares a Mayday and is allowed to land at SVB. The aircraft is seriously damaged and as such, the passengers need to be allowed entry / Transit into LOS until a replacement aircraft can be provided, in which case, they would be quarantined at the airlines expense. If it was longer than 14 days, arguably the Thai Authorities would still isolate them as they have not entered the Kingdom illegally, but still have not met the criteria to enter the Kingdom legally.

Any thoughts on that anyone?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, syed said:

What will happen to you?

Mmmm. Not sure if I should reply, I know the answer but I'm a sarcastic arsehole?

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, tombon said:

There is a ban on international commercial flights. So you wouldn't get anywhere near immigration. 

There are repatriation flights coming into Thailand but limited to 200-300 passengers a day, probably as many as their quarantine facilities will permit. It is rumoured that some foreigners may be allowed to enter at the next easing of restrictions... those with Perm Residency, Work Permits and Thai families, but one really has to wait for it to be announced. I expect those will certainly have 2 weeks of quarantine too.

8 hours ago, syed said:

Will transit passengers be let through the airport?

There wouldn't be any flights for them to connect to. 

I read last week that New Zealand allowed some travellers from the uk to enter New Zealand (Ironically one of them brought covid-19 with them) as there is no direct flight from the uk to New Zealand. The aircraft would have had to stop somewhere to refuel.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, tombon said:

I read last week that New Zealand allowed some travellers from the uk to enter New Zealand (Ironically one of them brought covid-19 with them) as there is no direct flight from the uk to New Zealand. The aircraft would have had to stop somewhere to refuel.

Was 2 from the UK and 1 from Pakistan who tested positive. Flights transitted through Dubai and Sydney. They werent allowed out of the departure lounge at either airport and kept seperate from other passengers.

Well that's the theory anyway. It depends how strict the staff were at each airport. But I have heard nothing that indicates otherwise.

38 minutes ago, awesum4 said:

Was 2 from the UK and 1 from Pakistan who tested positive. Flights transitted through Dubai and Sydney. They werent allowed out of the departure lounge at either airport and kept seperate from other passengers.

Well that's the theory anyway. It depends how strict the staff were at each airport. But I have heard nothing that indicates otherwise.

I think I read in the same article that the passenger reported feeling ill before they travelled but didn't think it was covid-19. Of course they didn't think it was covid-19 as they wouldn't of been allowed to board the flight.

Is Thai air starting their flights to some international routes?

I believe domestic flights are already in full swing

6 hours ago, tombon said:

There are Middle East carriers flying so I expect a transit in Dubai is possible.

15 hours ago, syed said:

Is Thai air starting their flights to some international routes?

I believe domestic flights are already in full swing

Nope.

Thailand closed to international arrivals until 30 June. Any "Thai" planes you might see are either repatriation flights, or possibly aircraft going for storage somewhere, or maintenance.

There are some outbound flights.  The aircraft have to get to Thailand but I very much doubt you are going to get on one of them inbound without very special dispensation or at all.