Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Dream World Travel

On Travel Supermarket, Dream World Travel are coming in cheapest, by some way, for my flight to BKK from Manchester late December for 3 weeks. Ive never heard of Dream World Travel so did a bit of Google work. The reviews are mostly poor so I sent an email to Travel Supermarket asking them if they are happy with DWT and if they do any vetting and/or if they are formally authorised. I was told to do my own research. Have any board members booked flights to Thailand with Dream World Travel? If so what are their experiences? Many thanks in advance

Never heard of them on a similar note 

I have on Monday 29th June just received my refund for travel booked 26th March  

with a similar set up who go by the name of Travel up ......

Good luck ....

I have never heard of them. I tend to book with either the airline itself or companies like opodo or ebookers.

Your right to do your homework. I guess now there will be people out there trying to con people out of money.

On another note if you book with a CC you will be protected and once they give you the airlines booking reference number. Contact the airline and check they have your booking.

12 hours ago, tombon said:

I have never heard of them. I tend to book with either the airline itself or companies like opodo or ebookers.

Opodo and Ebookers are same style comparison site as Travel Supermarket or Skyscanner. You're not booking with any of them but purely the agent they forward you to....

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Opodo and Ebookers are same style comparison site as Travel Supermarket or Skyscanner. You're not booking with any of them but purely the agent they forward you to....

There not. They are online travel agents that book direct with the airlines.

11 hours ago, tombon said:

There not. They are online travel agents that book direct with the airlines.

All online agents book direct with the airlines. I just done a few comparisons with Ebookers as opposed to Travel Trolley. Way more expensive

3 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

All online agents book direct with the airlines. I just done a few comparisons with Ebookers as opposed to Travel Trolley. Way more expensive

You called them a comparison site. There not. Comparison sites does what it says on the tin. Compares all different sites prices. 

37 minutes ago, tombon said:

You called them a comparison site. There not. Comparison sites does what it says on the tin. Compares all different sites prices. 

Ebookers work by rooting out the best fares from all agents and then booking under their own umbrella

Same Opodo

End of....

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Ebookers work by rooting out the best fares from all agents and then booking under their own umbrella

Same Opodo

End of....

They make bookings on behalf of the travel supplier. Hence travel agent.

So end of.....

Edited by tombon
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

End of...

35 minutes ago, tombon said:

So end of.....

I hope so....

36 minutes ago, jacko said:

I hope so....

Indeed Jacko my apologies but with a trip count that will hit 200 within 3-4 years (I hope) I know how agents work

4 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Same Opodo

End of....

Ebookers and Opodo are not a search comparison site like Kayak! They are their own travel agent!

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, parry said:

Have any board members booked flights to Thailand with Dream World Travel? If so what are their experiences?

Never booked with them .but reading the reviews that Brown1950 linked to, I'd give them a miss. sometimes paying a bit extra to go direct with the Airline or through a repuatble TA is worth not getting a headache when things d go wrong.