Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mentioned Poompui and I think some of you were interested too.  I don't why they named her, usually girls named Lek it makes sense, but that's her real name. Every time I come, the Rembrandt Su

The Black Pagoda group of bars at Patpong 2 ran a all-u-can-drink promotion over Songkran.  For 900 baht, you were provided as many bottles of Singha-Tiger-Chang-Leo you wanted in any of their four ba

After 12 weeks I returned for my second AstraZeneca jab.  The vibe was much different this time, much more upbeat, and more people in the hotels.  I booked the Sofitel and they gave me a corner room o

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, RhinoTusk said:

Another trip to Bangers.  Times are tough and lots of poor Issan farmers are depending on their young daughters to send my money home.  It's an arduous and thankless task but someone has to do it :bonk2.  Stayed at the Rembrandt Suites once again, unbeatable value for a thousand baht.

I always felt I received good service, seems even better now.  Girls soap me up and down during shower ? give back massage, wash my dick :cock.

DSC_6360b.JPGIMG_20210306_211354.jpgIMG_20210227_200421.jpgIMG_20210302_221159.jpgIMG_20210321_195514.jpgIMG_20210227_203246.jpgIMG_20210227_200637.jpgIMG_20210306_220959.jpg

There's a Buddy's Bar and Grill between Sois 18 and 20, Guinness for 195/pint.  Good breakfast too but they don't open until 11 AM.  The 'full monty' is 250.  It was nearly noon so I had a Guinness instead of cappuccino.  First time I've had Guinness for breakfast but it's a versatile brew :gulp.  I think you could put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in and it would still be good, although I haven't tried.

IMG_20210308_105948.jpgIMG_20210308_111629.jpgIMG_20210308_113004.jpg

Another time I tried the German Dog with sauerkraut.  The German's don't do it this way but baseball season  is nearly here and in Milwaukee we put sauerkraut inside the bun with a bratwurst, then add mustard and stadium sauce.  I used to have three of these ? with 5 or 6 Pabst Blue Ribbons during the game :drunk.  The canned kraut didn't do it for me :uh-uh: (I'll tell you where to find good sauerkraut later in the post).

IMG_20210315_180946.jpg

Down Nana way they offer 50% on all food at Hooters between 3 and 4 PM.  I was never a fan of Hooters food I've discovered it tastes better during these times. ?

IMG_20210227_183420.jpgIMG_20210228_154716.jpgIMG_20210228_154138.jpgIMG_20210228_154751.jpgIMG_20210303_154821.jpgIMG_20210303_154756.jpg

The baja shrimp tacos are my favorite, ? with a tropical long island ?, tastes like fruit punch and packs one too.

IMG_20210308_154602.jpg

Sea Bass ? tacos are not bad either

IMG_20210303_155145.jpg

Afterwards I ran into sailingbill at a Tavern in the Haight-Ashbury section of Soi Nana.  He's a good guy to have a beer with. :chogdee :thumbup

IMG_20210303_185058.jpg

Temperature checks to get into Nana Plaza

IMG_20210227_183429.jpgIMG_20210227_183512.jpgIMG_20210227_190918.jpg

More GoGos started to open as time progressed, Billboard, Butterflies ?, and Rainbows  ? 4 & 5, at least on the weekend.

IMG_20210319_201513.jpg

Stopped by The Sportsman Pub on Soi 13 for St. Paddy's Day ☘️, on the ground floor of The Trendy Condo, where I used to live for 7 years.  No green beer on tab, but the Magner's Cider went down well.  They had a promotion, buy a second and get a free hat.

IMG_20210317_190114.jpgIMG_20210317_192414.jpg

The German Brau Haus next door roasts a pig ? every Friday.  This is the place to get good sauerkraut since they make their own.  I ordered the small plate for 175, the large was 335 but would have been too much.

IMG_20210318_193527.jpgIMG_20210319_191849.jpgIMG_20210319_192426.jpg

Went over to Soi Cowboy for some Hoegaarden wheat beer.  Just the name Soi Cowboy screams Hoegaarden. Surprisingly, Sharks is still closed, along with all The Arab's bars, but there were still 8 or 9 GoGos open.

IMG_20210317_201740.jpgIMG_20210227_223454.jpg

Tried the prime rib ? at Arno's in the Hyatt Regency, which was disappointing.  Bill came to 1250 including 7% tax and 4% service, so I rounded up to 1300 to take care of the waitress.  Maybe I'll try the burger ? the sometime, but I'll be having my steak at El Gaucho from now on.

IMG_20210318_200616.jpg

Patpong was extremely quiet, I think business is really struggling there.

IMG_20210305_212149.jpg

I stopped at Le Bouchon for some dinner, next to the famous Star of Light BJ Bar, which appears closed.

IMG_20210320_184127.jpg

Had the lobster ? bisque for starters, served in a thin pastry.

IMG_20210320_190948.jpg

Chicken ?  breast stuffed with spinach for main course, first time I can remember where the starter was more expensive.  Soft jazz ? plays in the background for a relaxing meal, but no BJ :bj2  at the star of light after. :frustrated1:

IMG_20210320_192533.jpg

I did two photo shoots while I was in town, these with the mirrorless ?, everything else was the cell phone.?

The best camera is the one you have with you.  -- Steve Jobs

DSC_3476.JPGDSC_3481.JPGDSC_3612.JPGDSC_3616.JPGDSC_3633.JPGDSC_4703.JPGDSC_4801.JPGDSC_4947.JPGDSC_5137.JPGDSC_5249.JPGDSC_5432.JPG

Hope you enjoyed, I'll be back soon. ?

I did enjoy reading this, as I always do.

You take great pictures of some lovely ladies.

Thanks for sharing them and telling us of your adventures. It gives me hope that one day I will return to have a few of my own. 

• Thanks 1

Another good one ,Thanks. Not a fan of Hooters but the shrimp taco will have me visiting. As you know im a regular at Le Buchon and the Tavern. Hope to see you again.  You always seem to find the good venues.  My  German grandparents were first generation here and taught me about German food. Sauerkraut is indeed an art. The German Brau Haus will be my next visit. Sadly Baltimore lost all of our German restaurants.   I'll be looking for the hat. 

• Thanks 1

Excellent as always.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Another good one ,Thanks. Not a fan of Hooters but the shrimp taco will have me visiting.

If you like shrimp tacos, may I suggest Slanted Taco on Soi 23.  90 baht, but you get 2-for-1 on Tuesdays.  Here, a pair of shrimp tacos and a pair of sea bass tacos with a mango margarita made from fresh mango.  No Hooters girls, however.

IMG_20210316_183943.jpg

You can also order in the Beer Garden outside, but I thought this Vedett Extra Blonde was overpriced at 300 baht, and then they added 17% for tax and service.  I should have stayed indoors and ordered a second mango margarita instead.

IMG_20210316_191204.jpg

• 1 month later...

By the looks of things, bars in Pattaya will be opening before Bangkok, and not for a while yet.  Soapies are closed where I am so I’m heading back to Koh Chang for a few weeks.  I’ll do a week on Koh Kood as well.  There’s been only one covid case per day being detected in the Trat Province, very few tourists, and room rates are currently lowest I’ve seen. Escape to paradise. ?️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Took a walk up Soi 4 last night. Very little open all dark except Nana Hotel. The thirst for a good ole cold one drove me to Soi 8. The volume indicates the best places for refreshing coffee. Deeper in the Soi is a very nice garden oasis on the left.

Chu’s, in the Exchange Tower, one of my favorite places for breakfast with their smoked salmon eggs Benedict, has shut down permanently, another victim of the pandemic.  I featured Chu’s on the first page of this thread.  For lunch and/or dinner, the pasta dishes were good too.  Chu’s will be missed, it served fine meals for twelve years.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/coronavirus-curbs-shutter-thousands-bangkok-restaurants-2021-06-03/

• Sad 3
9 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

Chu’s, in the Exchange Tower, one of my favorite places for breakfast with their smoked salmon eggs Benedict, has shut down permanently, another victim of the pandemic.  I featured Chu’s on the first page of this thread.  For lunch and/or dinner, the pasta dishes were good too.  Chu’s will be missed, it served fine meals for twelve years.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/coronavirus-curbs-shutter-thousands-bangkok-restaurants-2021-06-03/

Darn, I too had a similar habit when staying at the Rembandt Hotel and Suites.... usually on my way to Asok and on to Ekamai.

Edited by jacko
  • 2 months later...

Taking the trip to Bangkok to get jabbed is beginning to look like something I should have done last month. But if I had to stay overnight I would not enjoy it much. A friend suggested we share a ride there and back, but we were confused as to how we could organize jabs at the same time. Thanks for your posts. 

33 minutes ago, jacko said:

Taking the trip to Bangkok to get jabbed is beginning to look like something I should have done last month. But if I had to stay overnight I would not enjoy it much. A friend suggested we share a ride there and back, but we were confused as to how we could organize jabs at the same time. Thanks for your posts. 

Jacko had a good night prior to my appt staying at the Landmark. Most of the 5 stars are deeply discounted with the Sheraton Grande  and Landmark at 1600/1900 night. My friend bought bread, cheese, meats and libations from Villa.  Good Pizza can be ordered in. Room service available but at room service prices. Ordered in ice, plates silverware and a table for a 100 baht tip.. Good conversation, great fun. We went over to the Sushi restaurant at Bumrungrad as you can sit a a table. I am with Rhino Tusk and will avoid the FL but my friend knew of an obscure Massage place behind the hospital .The girl was young, fit , pretty and wonderful. Perhaps you and your friend can consider this prior to your appointment.  I will be in Bangkok all week either this week or next for some health checks and my first Iol. But unable to drink. Well maybe a glass or two of wine.

You mentioned the Soi and apparently didn't visit. Starting late afternoon beer sales/consumption wide open on mentioned Soi and a nearby sub Soi with same number plus also serving. A FL venue on mentioned Soi discretly open beginning late afternoons. Noticed people entering whilst having a street beer and asked if open and confirmed by beer vendor.  

But right now Bangkok is a semi ghost town and quite boring. Up until last week was going to Ban Chang/Rayong with friends for long weekends. Oceanside Hotel with ocean view rooms/pool serving  and cheap rates. Spending the days at the beach Umbrella/table Seafood setups drinking beer and eating fresh seafood. Was great way to spend the weekends with your lady and friends until the military cracked down week ago last Wednesday with follow up inspections. 

Going home this weekend and will not come back until qurrantine gone, no travel restrictions and alcohol sales back to normal. Despite Covid have enjoyed the last four months.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Good to see the Hat out and about. Appreciate the update as ill be back this week. I may try the Sofitel if Thermae is open.I suspect we may be handsome men even to the China Dolls on the left until the Japanese return. You do get the best girls and 2 weeks ago i did ok at the Massage Parlors on 23. If you run that gauntlet on 23 the Barcelona Gaudi Restaurant is worth a stop.  The Tavern is open so ill be there if your still around. I'm waiting to hear from Serge as Le Buchon is moving to a new location.  All the best RT.

• Upvote 1