Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Anyone suggest a good VPN?

I recently had it up to my neck with Private Internet Access, the password request form didn't work, it wouldn't automatically connect and the whole product was unstable. Shame because I've used them for 5 years without any hassle, and when I did get hold of Customer support they tried telling me the yahoo mail servers were down, because Yahoo mail servers often fail across the UK for 3 days at a time.

Anyway, I've ruled out Earth VPN as they're awful as well.

I don't mind paying, with PIA it was about $40 per year or so which is less than $1 a week.

Cheers

Butch

I use NordVPN. It suits me. Can turn it on & off if I need to ( Lazada won't work with it ) and can select which host server I want to route through - usually Singapore.

The settings menu offers more options than I can understand.

Best of luck . . . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Proffesor said:

I use NordVPN. It suits me. Can turn it on & off if I need to ( Lazada won't work with it ) and can select which host server I want to route through - usually Singapore.

Best of luck . . . 

Welcome to the board.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Proffesor said:

Best of luck . . . 

I too use Nord.  Seems to work okay.  Have had it for a couple years.  I believe I purchased a 3 year special package for $89.00.

My only complaint is some sites will not let you in when Nord is on, my bank for instance.  I also have Norton Security which has an included VPN.  My bank let me in.  Problem with the Norton VPN is it cuts out with every network hiccup.  Does not automatically reconnect.  Nord does automatically reconnect.

• Thanks 1

I use Nord and have no  complaints.  For those who need or want total anonymity when searching the Net, Nord has advanced options like Double VPN and Onion Over VPN, plus a long list of countries to which you can connect to hide your ISP.

Evil

• Thanks 1
On 8/16/2020 at 1:03 AM, Evil Penevil said:

I use Nord and have no  complaints.  For those who need or want total anonymity when searching the Net, Nord has advanced options like Double VPN and Onion Over VPN, plus a long list of countries to which you can connect to hide your ISP.

Evil

Evil,    When you say total anonymity what exactly do you mean?

I signed up for Express VPN and while I'm satisfied with it it doesn't mask the fact that I'm outside the USA at all.   I therefore can't  access my   CC account with a USA bank unless I sign up for their mobile app.      Upon calling their tech support I was told it wouldn't be possible for a mere mortal to get past their VPN detector.

I am curious about Onion over VPN apps I see on the Apple store.

9 hours ago, 9cisco999 said:

Evil,    When you say total anonymity what exactly do you mean?

I signed up for Express VPN and while I'm satisfied with it it doesn't mask the fact that I'm outside the USA at all.   I therefore can't  access my   CC account with a USA bank unless I sign up for their mobile app.      Upon calling their tech support I was told it wouldn't be possible for a mere mortal to get past their VPN detector.

I am curious about Onion over VPN apps I see on the Apple store.

By total anonymity I mean that you are untraceable.  There's no way anyone can discover the true IP address of your computer.

However, that doesn't mean Web sites can't detect the fact you're using a VPN.  There are methods for hiding use of a VPN, but they are pretty complicated.  Dissidents in authoritarian countries like China and Iran, where use of a VPN is forbidden or considered incriminating, will go to such lengths.  I suppose if you use a VPN and still want to connect to Web sites in the U.S. than also don't allow connections through VPNs, you can configure your computer in such a way as to hide the use of a VPN.

There are Internet sites that explain this.  Check out the TOR browser site.

Evil

To expand on my previous answer:

Go to this Web site: https://ipleak.net

It will show you what info is visible about your connection to the Net.  When I connected today to the Net using TOR and NordVPN's Onion over VPN, the following results showed up.  I am posting from the U.S.

test-2.jpg

test-1.jpg

test-3.jpg

test-4.jpg

test-5.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Thanks 1