Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thailand Eyes November Tourism Arrivals Under Prison-Like Conditions, THAI Airways Plans To Operate 12 Flights Per Month

1 hour ago, RhinoTusk said:

This  idea has already been rescinded, Phuket residents probably caught wind of it.
https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30393678

I think it is possible that that article is just badly written, and you are misconstruing it.

It says: "Thailand will not be fully reopened to foreign tourists along the lines of the so-called “Phuket Model” any time soon because the government has to consider too many details, deputy government spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul said on Friday (August 28)."

The word "fully" stands out to me. Is the article saying that the Phuket model will not spread further until the lessons of that experiment are learned?

• Upvote 2
On 8/29/2020 at 3:17 PM, Bazle said:

I think it is possible that that article is just badly written, and you are misconstruing it.

It says: "Thailand will not be fully reopened to foreign tourists along the lines of the so-called “Phuket Model” any time soon because the government has to consider too many details, deputy government spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul said on Friday (August 28)."

The word "fully" stands out to me. Is the article saying that the Phuket model will not spread further until the lessons of that experiment are learned?

Yes, you’re correct, and the tourists need to purchase insurance through an agency 30% owned by the TAT :excl:  

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30393727

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I see the Thai repatriation flight bookable this morning went tits up as as soon as the website opened/crashed and by 9.04am four minutes after it opened all seats were gone !

Forget Thailand until 2022 you'll sleep a lot easier !

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I see the Thai repatriation flight bookable this morning went tits up as as soon as the website opened/crashed and by 9.04am four minutes after it opened all seats were gone !

Forget Thailand until 2022 you'll sleep a lot easier !

Be interesting to know if this is caused mostly by demand from Thais wanting to return, or a heavy chunk of foreigners desperate to return and 'do the time'.... must be quite frustrating, like a pal of mine seperated from his Mrs and Thai home for 5 months now.