Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Optometrist/IOL Pattaya or Bangkok

My eyes suck though i can still enjoy pussy close up,  am not a candidate for Lasik. I moved to Thailand 3 years ago with 5 pairs of glasses costing 3500 usd , more than 100,000 THB. My correction has changed and i need relief. I am considering IOL and will visit Bumrungrad next week for an opinion.  My preference is to continue with eyeglasses.  Visited Euro optic at the Royal Plaza and was happy with what she had to say. About 15.000 for top lenses and frames vs 60,000 for one eye IOL. Any BM'S in the same boat with advice?

Just now, sailingbill said:

My eyes suck though i can still enjoy pussy close up,  am not a candidate for Lasik. I moved to Thailand 3 years ago with 5 pairs of glasses costing 3500 usd , more than 100,000 THB. My correction has changed and i need relief. I am considering IOL and will visit Bumrungrad next week for an opinion.  My preference is to continue with eyeglasses.  Visited Euro optic at the Royal Plaza and was happy with what she had to say. About 15.000 for top lenses and frames vs 60,000 for one eye IOL. Any BM'S in the same boat with advice?

Try searching for a thread by Keyman on the subject or hopefully he will be along in a minute with some advice....after he has tripped over the furniture, bumped into the table and sat at the piano for an hour thinking it was a keyboard that is.... 

This is probably no use to you but may be for others. I used to buy "expensive" glasses using Top Charoen because I lived up North and travelled around the country regularly. If I had a problem then I could go into any local branch and they'd fix it for free so the cost was worth it. Nowadays I don't drive and just buy cheap charlie glasses in Tucom........

57 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

If a doctor's specialty is involved, they will recommend that. Just saying. Do your homework in advance. Know everything about the procedure and the post op that you can. Read negative reviews, not for that doctor but for the procedure. Have the negatives ready to lay on the doctor in your consultation.

If he doesn't convince you, seek yet another opinion. Don't rush.

Also, when I had cataract surgery on both eyes and when my daughter had PRK on both eyes they did one eye and then you come back later to do the second. Infection concerns.

Bullfrog and Midlife, as retired medical guy i can say you have given excellent general advice. The past week i was called on to give an opinion on a patient at Pattaya International hospital.  I accepted no money as to protect my visa. I thought good care but be ready to pony up 20,000thb a day in the Icu. His advocate and my friend tried to transfer him to Bumrungrad. I have a high level contact there if any BM needs help. No i am not a secret agent or spy in special forces . Though i will be eating pussy at TQ2 today.  Hope to hear from Keyman 

As bullfrog said, @keyman can help here, having had the IOL replacement done in Pattaya and told me he was very pleased. He no longer gets blnd drunk !

Over the years, my eyesight deteriorated and I went to contact lenses, then to mono contact lenses, where one eye is for distance and the other for reading. But then cataracts set in, so I had inter ocular transplants using the same mono lens prescription. 

I now have 20-20 eyesight for both near and far and have no need for any glasses, other than sunglasses.

Its like being 20 years old again (just the eyes)...

A year later, my TW did the same and now, neither of us uses any sort of corrective vision.

7 hours ago, MrMango said:

Over the years, my eyesight deteriorated and I went to contact lenses, then to mono contact lenses, where one eye is for distance and the other for reading. But then cataracts set in, so I had inter ocular transplants using the same mono lens prescription. 

I now have 20-20 eyesight for both near and far and have no need for any glasses, other than sunglasses.

Its like being 20 years old again (just the eyes)...

A year later, my TW did the same and now, neither of us uses any sort of corrective vision.

I have monovision also. Because of astigmatisms I still have glasses for distance but unlike most geezers, I can read without correction (one eye). I am at the keyboard now. I look at the screen with both eyes but my left eye does the reading.

Just now, midlifecrisis said:

I look at the screen with both eyes but my left eye does the reading.

Oddly enough it seems that some on here look at the screen with both eyes but neither of them do the reading...

That's enough Bullfrog stop it NOW !!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

Oddly enough it seems that some on here look at the screen with both eyes but neither of them do the reading...

That's enough Bullfrog stop it NOW !!!

I said nothing about comprehension.

11 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Bullfrog and Midlife, as retired medical guy i can say you have given excellent general advice. The past week i was called on to give an opinion on a patient at Pattaya International hospital.  I accepted no money as to protect my visa. I thought good care but be ready to pony up 20,000thb a day in the Icu. His advocate and my friend tried to transfer him to Bumrungrad. I have a high level contact there if any BM needs help. No i am not a secret agent or spy in special forces . Though i will be eating pussy at TQ2 today.  Hope to hear from Keyman 

Just a layman. I have worked in the medical field but I am not a physician. My advice on this comes strictly from the point of view of a consumer of services. Now that I understand your background, I can stop offering you advice. You know and understand far more than I do.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

I have monovision also. Because of astigmatisms I still have glasses for distance but unlike most geezers, I can read without correction (one eye). I am at the keyboard now. I look at the screen with both eyes but my left eye does the reading.

I too have a mild astigmatism, but not enough to effect my distance vision, and of course, the brain automatically recognizes which eye to use when you view near and far things.

6 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

I said nothing about comprehension.

Just a layman. I have worked in the medical field but I am not a physician. My advice on this comes strictly from the point of view of a consumer of services. Now that I understand your background, I can stop offering you advice. You know and understand far more than I do.

My background is useless when choosing a practitioner in Pattaya. Your advice is welcomed as is the experience of BM.s with local knowledge.I hope to hear from Keyman but am leaning to the iol solution. Will see what Bumrungrad has to say and report back. 

@sailingbillI found keyman's topic for you to read..... I hope it is of use.

Edited by jacko

Jacko thank you for that effort. I did understand the Roy Orbinson reference. I'm sitting on my balcony struggling and lifting my glasses to read the forum. I'll see what Bumrungrad has to say and decide between the surgery vs Euro optics.  Was looking at my lovely face, or thats what the girls say and realized i will also need a Blepharoplasty.  Will report here what i have done and advice in the coming weeks.

37 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

Jacko thank you for that effort. I did understand the Roy Orbinson reference. I'm sitting on my balcony struggling and lifting my glasses to read the forum. I'll see what Bumrungrad has to say and decide between the surgery vs Euro optics.  Was looking at my lovely face, or thats what the girls say and realized i will also need a Blepharoplasty.  Will report here what i have done and advice in the coming weeks.

Try not to get too good looking. I hate competition at my age.

• Like 1

Mid, with the Japanese,Koreans not here we are all

38 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Try not to get too good looking. I hate competition at my age.

Mid, with the Japanese and Koreans not here we have become handsome men again. Not disparaging them as i have had many fine conversations with them. But taking advantage of their absence.

• Upvote 2