Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Condo rental for six months..

Hello... 

Am a new member. Am looking for a six month condo rental around Pratamnak Hill (not specifically).. Having work done in out own house and better to rent short term... 

Looking for a 2 bed 1 or 2 bath condo 75 Sq or above and will pay 6 months up front for the right place... 

Have already been offered 13k for 6 months up for a 2 bed 2 bath in good erea but just wondered if any other similar or more attractive deals out there?

We are 2 adults and one child...and live quietly... 

Thanks in advance... 

1 hour ago, marrmrrs said:

Have already been offered 13k for 6 months up for a 2 bed 2 bath in good erea but just wondered if any other similar or more attractive deals out there?

2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom condo (with seperate kitchen/ livingplus swimming etc facilities I presume),on Pratumnak Hill for 13k a month. Do it ....

But I smell a rat...A Nordic rat ....

• Like 1

There is a fakebook group called pattaya condos for rent and sale, that has condos for, er, rent and sale, all over the place. I'm amazed at some of the bargains there are out there, although of course they may be bargains for a reason....

9 hours ago, helloitsme said:

There is a fakebook group called pattaya condos for rent and sale, that has condos for, er, rent and sale, all over the place. I'm amazed at some of the bargains there are out there, although of course they may be bargains for a reason....

Will give it a look for sure... Thanks... 

• 3 weeks later...

The bottom of the real estate market in Thailand, and especially in Pattaya, must have fallen out by now.  After all, who is buying?

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 9:39 AM, elche said:

The bottom of the real estate market in Thailand, and especially in Pattaya, must have fallen out by now.  After all, who is buying?

...I bought a place.  Only 23k per sqm.  Wasn’t really looking, but what I couldn’t afford before has now dropped into my price range

1 hour ago, teelack said:

23 k what?

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

I would expect THB.

1 hour ago, jacko said:

I would expect THB.

...yes, came out to be #23k bht per SQM.  

The comps in the bld was at over #50k-65k per SQM at one point, but due to the pandemic, prices have been falling and a few sellers made it clear to the agents that they had to sell.  

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, DangerRuss said:

...yes, came out to be #23k bht per SQM.  

The comps in the bld was at over #50k-65k per SQM at one point, but due to the pandemic, prices have been falling and a few sellers made it clear to the agents that they had to sell.  

Well Done mate. Lots of bargains out there .

• 3 weeks later...

Is bahtsold a website where owners directly advertise condos they are selling? Or is it mostly agents? I have occasionally looking for pricing in Jomtien view talay 5D, but only found websites with agents’ marked-up pricing - hence out of my price range.

2 hours ago, tps said:

Is bahtsold a website where owners directly advertise condos they are selling? Or is it mostly agents? I have occasionally looking for pricing in Jomtien view talay 5D, but only found websites with agents’ marked-up pricing - hence out of my price range.

Can't claim to be an expert but my impression is that Bahtsold is a place where everyone can advertise. 

Boots on the ground and cash on the table is probably the best way to get a great deal.

Most condo complexes have a condo office. The staff, normally ladies, usually know which units are for sale and have a close estimate of the prices. Some owners are way behind on their maintenance dues and they know that too. That's how I found my unit. I found a complex that I liked, found the office and got my information from the office ladies. Be polite and tell them that you like the complex and are interested in living there. Make sure that they know you are not an agent looking for listings.

• Like 1
On 9/2/2020 at 9:44 PM, halfaboy said:

As a start have a look a bahtsold (Pattaya area). Sometimes quiten nce offers in the Pratamnak area.

Good luck !

Thanks also, had forgotten about Bahtsold...  Prior to 2020, I normally did two 30 day trips during Oz winter, with about a two and a half week gap in the middle, when I returned to Oz.  So my thinking is, I could look at renting a condo, near central hopefully, for three complete months...  One bed, with kitchenette, wifi, balcony, etc would be ideal for me.  Could leave most of my stuff behind for the brief return home.

I have been staying at a guesthouse and leaving most of my stuff, in the guesthouse, for the period I returned home.  There is not even a microwave in the guesthouse...

Hmmm...

Any agents with a website worth looking at???

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 9:37 AM, DangerRuss said:

...I bought a place.  Only 23k per sqm.  Wasn’t really looking, but what I couldn’t afford before has now dropped into my price range

What area or what condo building did you buy in? Thankyou in advance.

On 11/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, chippendalesam said:

What area or what condo building did you buy in? Thankyou in advance.

Bought on South Pattaya road - Center Condo next to Wat Chai. 

About 18 months ago, I saw the larger corner unit for sale at 5.99. The agent told me there was an offer for 5.3, but the seller turned down the offer.  I happened by chance came across the same unit now listed at 4.7.  I offered just a tad over 3M and the owner needed to now sell right away.  Happened to be the right time to buy imho.  

• Thanks 1