Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sept 20 11AM share to Ptty

OK.  I'm giving lots of advance notice.

I arrive in BKK airport around 11:05 EVA flight.  Since I will travel no checkin luggage I expect to get through immigration and to the Thai desk by 11:30 or thereabouts.

If someone else wants to split the cost to Pattaya, let me know.  I admit up front - I'll be damn tired and not in the mood to meet someone downtown or wait and hour or whatever.  If  this works for you let  me know.  But please don't ask me to add time to my trip.  I'll already be 26-28 hours on the road and dead on my feet.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I am leaving UK on Monday 19th and arriving at Bangkok at 12.30 on Aug 20th.  If you want to add another hour to your journey then I would be happy to share with you down to Pattaya - you can also get me on smerkinrabbit@hotmail.com or here.  Cant see anyone else there for the 20th.

Regards John Haig

Intrader,

The schedules work except wrong month.  I come in September.   :D

I doubt you want to hang around Don Muang for a month waiting.

LOLs

Shooter:

I am also arriving on the 11:05 Eva flight and would be willing to share the cost of the ride to Pattaya.  This will be my first trip to Thailand so if you don't mind a newbie tagging along just let me know.

Cookie Man

Cookieman,

If you are arriving the same day on the same flight - thats the whole idea.  Save money on the ride to Pattaya.

I don't mind if it is your first trip.  I've been there a few times and can probably assist finding your hotel if that is a problem.

Just an update.  I exchanged email with Cookie_Man and he already lined up a ride  :-[.   No problems Cookie_Man.  See ya at FLB and have a drink.

The jist of the update is, I still have room.  Ride space open.

But remember - September 20  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I arrive at 9:10am (20SEPT), if you want we can share a ride, if you're not full yet.  No worry though, just planned to get a taxi as soon as I got there.  No check lugg. for me either, so it'll go quick to the gates for me.  Let me know

Crola,

I still have room.  So far just me planning to get a Benz with Thai limo (1500 plus tolls) for the ride to Pattaya.  Slight change in plans - I am checking luggage.  Just can't quite fit it all in the dang carry on case.

I am happy to share if you are willing to  wait.  My flight arrives at 11:05 with EVA.  They have been good at being on time.  I am an expert at going through BKK airport (and have a Visa in my passport already).

My guess is I will be at the Thai limo desk at 12 Noon or better depending on luggage delivery.  

To be honest, I expect you would have to wait about 1.5-2 hours.  I won't be insulted if you decide against after a long flight.  Happy to share if you are willing to wait.

OK folks.  Less than a week to go.  Any takers?  Anyone else flying on on the EVA 11:05 flight?  

Mai pen rai.  I'll be SO HAPPY to be there nothing else matters.

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Shooter,

If your looking to save some baht, you might want to use the Thai Limo mimi bus service if you can get to their desk by noon.  It will take you about 45 minutes to an hour longer than the limo using the expressway, but the total cost is only about 260 baht.  I envy you as I still have a little over 5 weeks before I get over there.

Emil

Emil,

I confess I am pretty flush with money, but still happy to save when I can.   ;D

I am not aware of the  "minibus" service.  If this means waiting around over and hour, then taking another hour longer to get there (what with stops, etc), I think I'll pay the fare.  But, I am curious.  How does this work?

Sorry you have so long to go.  I know how it feels.  

Shooter,

This services is operated by the same people that run the Thai Limo.  The last time I used them in March they had 3 scheduled departures times at 0900, 1200, and 1900, and the three times that I've used them they left on time.  The first time that I used them there were only 4 of us and they used a mimi van.  The next two times there were about 15 of us and they used a mimi bus.  Trip took a little less than 2 1/2 hours which included a pit stop about halfway to use  the bathroom, have a smoke, and to purchase some refreshments.  The driver didn't use the elevated expressway, so I don't know that if the passengers agreed to pay the tolls that he wouldn't use it to save time.  Cost is 200 baht to Thai Limo plus 40-60 baht to the baht bus driver which is waiting for you at the Thai Limo office in Pattaya to take you to your hotel.  I know it takes a little longer, but whether I arrive in Pattaya at 1:30 or 2:30, I would still probably relax in my room until around 7 at night.

Emil