Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Rehashed w/commentary-It’s Now Possible To Apply For Thailand’s Special Tourist Visa Program (Through A Disastrous Process)

Its ok for the millionaires who can afford a private charter plane and two week quarantine  for 50000-100000 Baht but the likes of me who comes twice a year its a no no i am lucky this time i booked for november i choose flexible tickets  but im hoping the flights get cancelled and can get a refund because as i get older i have health problems and really was thinking this would be my last trip but its not going to happen 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, martini9946 said:

Its ok for the millionaires who can afford a private charter plane and two week quarantine  for 50000-100000 Baht but the likes of me who comes twice a year its a no no i am lucky this time i booked for november i choose flexible tickets  but im hoping the flights get cancelled and can get a refund because as i get older i have health problems and really was thinking this would be my last trip but its not going to happen 

I don't understand why this seems to require a chartered or private flight. I was told Emirates had started up flights again, obviously via Dubai, and the transit through Dubai was possible....  some concern that the Covid test would still be valid if overnight (add a day to its age) but a recent test, no issue. I see figures of 70,000 baht for ASQ. One would have to be desperate to go through all of this, but the opportunity to winter in Thailand is what awaits one, and seriously, after the quarantine, it can be a pretty normal life. Unlike back in say the UK, feedback I get from a hot-spot there sounds miserable.

hairdresser.jpg

Found out today that my step-daughters graduation ceremony is to be held in December and for the first time since Thailand closed the border Mrs Fiend has mentined about flying back... 

Even just to have a week with family it'll cost her 3 weeks leave, and that's if they'll let her take it....

I could go as well, due to being the spouse of a Thai National, but if I go I'll have to suffer a stay in an ASQ....

• Sad 1