Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Last week ordered a Lulae V9 e-bike from Lazada for my lady to use for running errands around Pattaya. Cost with promo discounts was 8,571B. Shipping was quick, arrived two days after placing the order.

Some assembly was required. Needed to attach the handle bar assembly, basket, front brake cable, and rear fender bracket. There's also a set of handle bar mirrors that need to be attached, but the mounting brackets included with the bike had holes that were too small for the mirror support arms. Sent a message to the vendor about the problem and 10 minutes later had a reply they'll ship replacement parts. So plus marks to the vendor for dealing with the problem very quickly. One negative though, no assembly instructions were provided, but it was easy enough to figure out what needed to go where.

After assembling the bike I took it out for a test ride. While the motor is on the small size, 350W, it had enough power to move my 85kg up the small incline on our soi at 25kph, and down the incline at 30kph. With my lady riding and me pillion, it still had adequate power to move us along at a comfortable speed. The battery capacity is 48V 12A and cruising range is advertised at 65km.

While I won't be giving up my mtn and road bikes just yet, for my lady to use for running errands, the Lulae e-bike is a good choice.

PA050003.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 12:48 AM, forcebwithu said:

Last week ordered a Lulae V9 e-bike from Lazada for my lady to use for running errands around Pattaya. Cost with promo discounts was 8,571B. Shipping was quick, arrived two days after placing the order.

Some assembly was required. Needed to attach the handle bar assembly, basket, front brake cable, and rear fender bracket. There's also a set of handle bar mirrors that need to be attached, but the mounting brackets included with the bike had holes that were too small for the mirror support arms. Sent a message to the vendor about the problem and 10 minutes later had a reply they'll ship replacement parts. So plus marks to the vendor for dealing with the problem very quickly. One negative though, no assembly instructions were provided, but it was easy enough to figure out what needed to go where.

After assembling the bike I took it out for a test ride. While the motor is on the small size, 350W, it had enough power to move my 85kg up the small incline on our soi at 25kph, and down the incline at 30kph. With my lady riding and me pillion, it still had adequate power to move us along at a comfortable speed. The battery capacity is 48V 12A and cruising range is advertised at 65km.

While I won't be giving up my mtn and road bikes just yet, for my lady to use for running errands, the Lulae e-bike is a good choice.

PA050003.jpg

Force, how is your e-bike working out?

Looks like fun.  I wonder how stable it is with those small wheels though.  As an aging pensioner I worry about things like falling off bikes.  ?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, chippendalesam said:

Force, how is your e-bike working out?

Unfortunately it's mostly gathering dust. My lady, who approved the purchase as an early b'day present for her rarely, like almost never uses it. Not because there's anything wrong with the bike, or that's she's uncomfortable riding it, but because a neighbor friend is almost daily stopping by on her motorbike to take my lady shopping.

8 hours ago, Shooter said:

Looks like fun.  I wonder how stable it is with those small wheels though.  As an aging pensioner I worry about things like falling off bikes.  ?

The wheel size if fine, but it lacks an appropriate suspension for the weight of the bike. The result is you feel every bump in the road, and you really have to slow down when going over speed bumps. There's also a bit of instability on turns because of the short wheel base.

If I were going to purchase an e-bike for myself, I'd opt for a mtn bike sized bike.

27 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The wheel size if fine, but it lacks an appropriate suspension for the weight of the bike. The result is you feel every bump in the road, and you really have to slow down when going over speed bumps. There's also a bit of instability on turns because of the short wheel base.

If I were going to purchase an e-bike for myself, I'd opt for a mtn bike sized bike.

Thanks.  Been thinking of an e-bike here in my community.  Private roads and I can get from the clubhouse and back on an e-bike quicker than the golf cart.  And more fun. 

5 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Thanks.  Been thinking of an e-bike here in my community.  Private roads and I can get from the clubhouse and back on an e-bike quicker than the golf cart.  And more fun. 

There was some good discussion on PA about e-bikes. What I gathered from that discussion is a decent enough e-bike, with good range and adequate sized motor starts at around 30k THB and up.

• 2 weeks later...

I just happened to see a street sign the other day.  It was for rental e-bikes.

Look for soi 15 that runs between Soi Buakao and The Avenue mall.  About 20 meters behind 7-Eleven on Soi Buakao is a side road.  The sign was on that corner.

Along that small road is a construction site for a new hotel.

The sign said 30 meters.  So, try going pass the construction site.

Renting an e-bike or two for an hour or two, may be an easy way to find out if you can ride one.

Good luck.

By the way, I met a guy in Tukcom who was walking his e-scooter on the 3rd floor.  He said that he ordered it on a web site called falcongo, with falcon spelled for the bird.  He said he paid THB 80.000 and it was powerful enough to carry him and his girl up Big Buddha Hill easily.