Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

At Central Festival on Monday.  A guy walks out of one of the shops in a bit of a hurry.  He removes his mask and sneezes.  I was a good ways away so I didn't deck him.

• Upvote 1

Not excusing the behavior by any means as it is very rude at the least... but he might have severe allergies. 

I have really fucked up allergies, and on bad days wearing a mask is like torture, especially if sneezing. And sneezing in to the mask would pretty much ruin it. 

Again, not excusing him - he should have just sneezed in to the mask and then put on a new one - thats what I do. But you can only carry so many of the damn things. 

Just now, nkped said:

At Central Festival on Monday.  A guy walks out of one of the shops in a bit of a hurry.  He removes his mask and sneezes.  I was a good ways away so I didn't deck him.

If have been eating out anywhere just think of how many people have sneezed into your food ... Bon Appetit !!!

Just now, frostfire said:

Not excusing the behavior by any means as it is very rude at the least... but he might have severe allergies. 

I have really fucked up allergies, and on bad days wearing a mask is like torture, especially if sneezing. And sneezing in to the mask would pretty much ruin it. 

Again, not excusing him - he should have just sneezed in to the mask and then put on a new one - thats what I do. But you can only carry so many of the damn things. 

I carry 3 when out walking. They quickly get wet and deep breathing is difficult for me. There are a few YT vids of doctors "proving" that oxygen intake isn't restricted .... but they are in aircon environment sitting at their desks.Try the same test in the heat and humidity after walking for a couple of hours..!!!!!

But yes ...  sneeze into the mask then bin it and replace it...

37 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I carry 3 when out walking. They quickly get wet and deep breathing is difficult for me. There are a few YT vids of doctors "proving" that oxygen intake isn't restricted .... but they are in aircon environment sitting at their desks.Try the same test in the heat and humidity after walking for a couple of hours..!!!!!

Agreed. Even in aircon breathing is .... maybe not difficult, but noticeably more difficult with a mask on. Its doable, especially in public and its totally needed in these times, but lying about it helps nobody. 

I use washable and re-usable masks tho... so I do not bin them. Just put them in the wash with everything else. Not as good as a N95 maybe, but a lot cheaper and almost as good - at least for here in Thailand where covid is suppressed for the time being. But ya, once you sneeze in to it, there is no more wearing that one lol. Nasty. lol. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, frostfire said:

Agreed. Even in aircon breathing is .... maybe not difficult, but noticeably more difficult with a mask on. Its doable, especially in public and its totally needed in these times, but lying about it helps nobody. 

I use washable and re-usable masks tho... so I do not bin them. Just put them in the wash with everything else. Not as good as a N95 maybe, but a lot cheaper and almost as good - at least for here in Thailand where covid is suppressed for the time being. But ya, once you sneeze in to it, there is no more wearing that one lol. Nasty. lol. 

Surely Central still has a Watsons .. 20 baht single use .. maybe 40 baht for washable ones ...even a cheap charlie like me has 20 baht in his wallet !!!

When in Thailand I see often Thai's with the sniffer up their nose. Do they do that as much during the Chicom-19 pandemic?

If you steam iron a regular mask will the heat/vapor kill any germs that are on it ?

Many people wearing masks seem to position them below the nose anyhow, is this perhaps why?

One I bought in Bangkok is my current favourite, it appears to have been cut straight from a fat girl's stretchy lycra pants and hardly impedes breathing. I bet you could get over a hundred masks out of a single pair.

fattyjpg.jpg

Edited by jacko
42 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I initially read that as "sweaty lycra pants"

I was quite aware I was setting myself up, providing the loaded weapon etc..... it all adds to the entertainment even if I am the butt of it all.

The mask thing is relevant but im  pissed at the lack of handwashing here. The TGF and I are regulars at the food carts , no handwashing  and no refrig or even ice for the raw meat. We have never been sick .  I have had food poisoning 2 times . Both at fairly high end restaurants in America. So maybe im bitching at nothing.But watching the bartender make my drink after leaving the bathroom stall is off putting.  

• Upvote 1
On 10/7/2020 at 4:06 AM, Bullfrog said:

Or wash it. I wash all of mine with my laundry.

• Like 1
On 10/7/2020 at 4:09 AM, frostfire said:

All of these are 2 layers with a pouch inside for a 3rd filter if wanted. 1 guy I know trims a coffee filter to fit in the pouch but that's way over the top.Mine go in the wash.

988DED3D-E6C8-430C-9BA5-629BB5C38D85.jpeg

• Like 1