Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
jomtienguy

misteregg YouTube Video Updates

I know a lot of guys dream about working as a manager of a gogo bar.  I could not do it.  Well maybe I could but I don't need the money and won't do it.  It doesn't look easy or fun to me at all.  Constantly managing a lot of young women with personal issues and customers who are drunk and love struck or jealous or whatever.  Plus you sacrifice your liver to the job.  It doesn't look easy to me at all and my hats off to the guys who do it well. 

Fixed the link so the video will show up embedded in the post. The trick is to hit Enter after pasting the URL into the post and wait for the forum software to convert it to an embedded video before clicking on Submit Reply.

Excellent video by @misteregg showing not only the history of the many places he worked, but also a history of places that are now but a memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent video indeed.  

It does take a special breed to be in the bars day after day.  I couldn’t do it myself, but nothing against those who do.

It also appears to be not very secure career wise.  Changing bars every few years (or more often).  No real job security, pension, 401k or equivalent.

Pretty much a day to day, hand to mouth existence.

Then they wake up one day, older, no longer marketable and little if any money saved.

Living the dream.

1 hour ago, typhoon42 said:

It does take a special breed to be in the bars day after day.  I couldn’t do it myself, but nothing against those who do.

It also appears to be not very secure career wise.  Changing bars every few years (or more often).  No real job security, pension, 401k or equivalent.

Pretty much a day to day, hand to mouth existence.

Then they wake up one day, older, no longer marketable and little if any money saved.

Living the dream.

he who dies with the most toys wins.

I remember Club Electric Blue, it was my favorite bars (along with Polo) back in 2004. They had the Beaver Bar on the second level where girls danced nude.  It was located a few doors south of the FLB Bar.

PICT0010c.JPG

In the west pre COVID you can build a substantial business ....... have a very nice lifestyle and eventually sell it for enough to provide a nice retirement pot. Le Pub has very little value once the personality leaves...... so I hope Phil is saving wisely

Funny enough no bags under the eyes or wrinkles very smooth skin for his age?

Phil! Well done for getting this video out into the world. Having said that, the streets in Pattaya on a Monday night recall those dark days of closedown due to public holidays. At least then we were expecting the bars and clubs to reopen at midnight.

I recall all the places that you have worked at other than Club Blue (and yet I recall the original Beavers). 

I thought that I would focus in on one area that holds a special place in my affections and this is Covent Garden. It was here that the X Zone , Club Boesche and others existed. Strangely enough I was never a Boesche fan but that of course was because I was upstairs enjoying myself too much. X Zone for me as a country boy come to town, was the ultimate. It was everything that Pattaya should be and that the world out there wasn’t.

I enjoyed not just the girls but also the level of management that is an absolute must for a club to work well. I had a lady move in with me from the club and up until about a year ago I was still seeing her. She was a naïve gogo girl from Issan until she worked there and realised how much money could be made with a mobile phone ringing in her pussy or firing darts at balloons. There was also a wonderful toilet lady who pointed Percy at the porcelain when you were too tired. The other thing that I have noticed is that right up to the last trip I would still meet ladies who would say something like "I remember you from the X Zone".

As a side issue I wonder if anyone on this board ever got into the Iran Club which had an entrance half way up the stairs. This was an Arab club but there used to be the odd tasty lady going there but I never got in the doors.

One thing that we should not forget is that the building kept on reinventing itself. When one place closed down another opened. The successor of Boesche wasn’t all bad and the place at ground level to the right of the front door had more lives that a cat on a motorway. Even Jaime (Ex FLB, Barron, Beavers) ran a place there. The last of them was as dark as the inside of a rubbish bag but hey, that’s what was wanted. Darkness makes us all look better!

It is a strange thing that while I am in total agreement that your management always improved the places where you worked, there were a few that I couldn’t settle down in.  Secrets was a bold attempt to move up market and we ex X Zone people just were not looking for that level of sophistication. Baby Dolls was different and you returning a bar fine from a disaster is something that stays with me. Sugar Baby was so improved that it had two floors open and so it goes on.

If there is one point that I would like to reiterate it is that I can say 100% that your management input always made any of the places that you went to, that much better.

Thanks for the kind comments about the video. It’s done really well. Thanks if you have subscribed as well.

Couple of comments.

I never sacrificed my liver because I’m not really a drinking buddy. I really do manage the bar.

Also, Teeracs comment about Irani disco. Yes, I went there once. Very, very big girls dancing ok podiums and Arabs and Indians throwing money at them. Crazy place.

Thanks for the comments. Will have a new video up on Wednesday.

Sorry for the shameless plug but this is my latest video.

sorry for the shameless plug but this is my latest video.

Just a nice boat trip around the islands of Pattaya 

Phil a Terrific video and reminder to get off our barstools.  I had good times on Ko Larn  a bbq and a bucket of beers on the beach . The girls would buy chicken, duck shrimp and prepare it . I stopped going because of the hordes.  Will be in Issan but on return will be by for info on your Captain and if we can fish.  Yes i subscribed 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:45 PM, sailingbill said:

Phil a Terrific video and reminder to get off our barstools.  I had good times on Ko Larn  a bbq and a bucket of beers on the beach . The girls would buy chicken, duck shrimp and prepare it . I stopped going because of the hordes.  Will be in Issan but on return will be by for info on your Captain and if we can fish.  Yes i subscribed 

Cheers Bill

Hi there Phil. Just had a sail across the bay with you and your girls to the three islands, 

It looked like a great day out and one that I would have enjoyed. I have never been in the right place at the right time to go on a motor boat trip so I also envy you that. 

The one thing that did come to mind was the last time I went to Koh Lahn. Really this wasnt a fun day out. Beside havig to get out of bed at a respectable time, the ferry was ok on the way out but full of drunken Ivans on the way back. There was a very poor vibe to the trip. As for the time there, it was OK if the lady of the day wasnt eating all the time and the crowds were not fun. While it may have been too peaceful on your visit I was also envious of the restfull time that you had to enjoy the day. 

Keep them coming. 

This lovely lady met in Electric Blue about July 2004 one of the best ever. In my top 10. 

DSC01700.jpg

16 hours ago, teelack said:

Hi there Phil. Just had a sail across the bay with you and your girls to the three islands, 

It looked like a great day out and one that I would have enjoyed. I have never been in the right place at the right time to go on a motor boat trip so I also envy you that. 

The one thing that did come to mind was the last time I went to Koh Lahn. Really this wasnt a fun day out. Beside havig to get out of bed at a respectable time, the ferry was ok on the way out but full of drunken Ivans on the way back. There was a very poor vibe to the trip. As for the time there, it was OK if the lady of the day wasnt eating all the time and the crowds were not fun. While it may have been too peaceful on your visit I was also envious of the restfull time that you had to enjoy the day. 

Keep them coming. 

Yes, I also enjoyed this video - particularly since I know most of the people shown in it! I'll also mention  that it's nice to hear somebody pronounce the name "Pattaya" properly, rather than the "Patt-EYE-a" we always hear on others' videos....

7 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, I also enjoyed this video - particularly since I know most of the people shown in it! I'll also mention  that it's nice to hear somebody pronounce the name "Pattaya" properly, rather than the "Patt-EYE-a" we always hear on others' videos....

พัทยา Pat-ta-ya is correct. I have RARELY heard any foreigner pronounce it correctly.

1 hour ago, BeerBelly said:

พัทยา Pat-ta-ya is correct. I have RARELY heard any foreigner pronounce it correctly.

Just check YouTube. 'The Pattaya Song' 
A few versions, but check out the one  titled 'Original'.  Pronunciation is there, sung by Thais, and some good recognisable footage too.

55 minutes ago, yorta2 said:

Just check YouTube. 'The Pattaya Song' 
A few versions, but check out the one  titled 'Original'.  Pronunciation is there, sung by Thais, and some good recognisable footage too.

Here you go. Plenty of Thais saying Pattaya on the internet. Using a song is kind of dangerous as they may pronounce it incorrectly so it fits in the song better. This happens in English language songs all the time as they turn one syllable words into two and vice versa.

Here are some YouTube video links with the timestamp where they say Pattaya. All Thai people speaking.

https://youtu.be/gIKoY5eWObA?t=142
https://youtu.be/9vPHhBKn6kA?t=35
https://youtu.be/Ccp5Et8aI1c?t=12
https://youtu.be/4k-qeRBMHQA?t=8

1 hour ago, BeerBelly said:

Here you go. Plenty of Thais saying Pattaya on the internet. Using a song is kind of dangerous as they may pronounce it incorrectly so it fits in the song better. This happens in English language songs all the time as they turn one syllable words into two and vice versa.

Here are some YouTube video links with the timestamp where they say Pattaya. All Thai people speaking.

https://youtu.be/gIKoY5eWObA?t=142
https://youtu.be/9vPHhBKn6kA?t=35
https://youtu.be/Ccp5Et8aI1c?t=12
https://youtu.be/4k-qeRBMHQA?t=8

I hear all 4 of them saying Pat-tea-ya.

But I am tone deaf,  maybe that makes a difference 

I really enjoyed the video. Electric Blue rocked. I do not remember meeting Phil there but probably did. Did Andy own EB first?

12 hours ago, BeerBelly said:

Ditto ... similar with Phuket; makes me laugh when I hear it pronounced by most farangs. But at one time AirAsia had an even better version and here is a shot of an actual billboard although I haven't seen it in a while ...

Phuket.jpg

I think that you need to be careful when you criticise anyones rendition of Thai words into English. Just last night I was watching Youtube and its was about the desolation that has become central Pattaya. Within five minutes of the start of the video the commentator from Thaiger had pronounced Pattaya four different ways. 

As I have pointed out in the past, here is an interesting test. Start at one end of Soi Buakhao and walk to the far end photographing all the variations of spelling and word spacing of Buakhao. You will be well into double figures before you get to the far end. 

1 hour ago, teelack said:

I think that you need to be careful when you criticise anyones rendition of Thai words into English. Just last night I was watching Youtube and its was about the desolation that has become central Pattaya. Within five minutes of the start of the video the commentator from Thaiger had pronounced Pattaya four different ways. 

As I have pointed out in the past, here is an interesting test. Start at one end of Soi Buakhao and walk to the far end photographing all the variations of spelling and word spacing of Buakhao. You will be well into double figures before you get to the far end. 

I've always had trouble spelling Buachaowa  whatever.  😄