Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

In my home town taxis have had a luggage surcharge for decades. Handling luggage costs them time and money, especially waiting for passengers to go back and forth to bring and load the luggage. Some people treat them as mini removal vans. Most drivers don't bother to enforce the surcharge because it creates arguments even though the charge is quite small.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I find that more times than not, that its me that loads my case into the boot or rear seat of the taxi and its me that takes it out again once I reach my destination! Does this  mean the taxi driver will have to pay me then instead of the other way round?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, firth1974 said:

I find that more times than not, that its me that loads my case into the boot or rear seat of the taxi and its me that takes it out again once I reach my destination! Does this  mean the taxi driver will have to pay me then instead of the other way round?

Take your charge off the meter he refused to use. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, jacko said:

Take your charge off the meter he refused to use. 

Unless we have striked a deal before we leave the destination, ive never got into a a taxi that hasn't used a meter! but refusing to use the meter seems to be the way of life now for taxis. A few years ago I checked out my hotel and took the hotel tuktuk to the top of soi8 and tried to flag a taxi down. Managed to flag 6 down that all refused to use the meter, so just got that pissed off I ended up on the skytrain to get to where I wanted to go instead!!