Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Steak & Co - great discounts.

A mate told me about the discounts being offered by Steak & Co a while back but it was only today that I got around to trying them out.

The basic discount is now 20% off all menu items and 50% off desserts but there are also some great value specials.

I went for the 200gm Aussie tenderloin at 277 baht including a side and a sauce. I opted for fries and pepper sauce and added in an extra side of sauteed mushrooms for 120 baht. I have to say the steak was excellent and melted in the mouth. 

I also took advantage of the discount on desserts. The apple crumble on the menu for 195 baht was discounted by the best part of 100 baht. Apple crumble is one of my favourite desserts and this one was superb. The crumble was nice and light and there was plenty of apple nicely spiced with cinnamon. It also came with a small seving of custard and a ball of ice-cream.

The booze ban had kicked in by the time I got there so had a coke zero. Wine prices looked ok and on another occasion I might have opted for the 250ml carafe of red for 440 baht, maybe a bit on the high side but I have seen worse.

20201219_182819.jpg

20201219_182825.jpg

20201219_190326.jpg

20201219_191915.jpg

• Like 3

I am glad you posted this, I whiz past the place very frequently and to be honest, I thought it was closed. There was a sign on the door that I never managed to read. I had a steak, the first for a long time, a few days ago in Bangkok. At first the smell put me off, and I understood why it is not eaten by many Nationals, my Mrs included. But I got going and really enjoyed it. I always thought of Steak and Co as just a bit pricey, but good quality. 

The steak specials look good, they are listed on Facebook, and I see they are open 7 days/week but only for evenings, 5pm to 9.30pm, probably why I got the impression  they were closed. Worth a stroll up there. 

• 2 months later...

I have recently heard that Ewan Mcglashan has been appointed as the new head chef of steak & co and will be starting within the next few days, for those that don't know Ewan was the chef at Bite Me which was very popular and always had excellent reviews . I wish him all the best in his new role and hope he can achieve the same success at steak & co during these testing times.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, fi33er said:

I have recently heard that Ewan Mcglashan has been appointed as the new head chef of steak & co and will be starting within the next few days, for those that don't know Ewan was the chef at Bite Me which was very popular and always had excellent reviews . I wish him all the best in his new role and hope he can achieve the same success at steak & co during these testing times.

Good news in a way, I tried a steak a few weeks back and was a little disappointed.....

As you say testing times, as when I went they were certainly not packing them in....

7 hours ago, fi33er said:

It would be a good place to go if the whole crew from Bite Me worked there ..