Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Massage place for real service?

My favorite massage place in Pattaya was Bamboo.  Located 2nd Road, near soi 13/2, next to 7-Eleven on the corner, 2nd floor.

I liked it mainly for its big pane glass windows-wall -- while enjoying a foot massage in a comfortable lounge chair.  During the afternoon, the windows let in a lot of light and was relatively quiet from street noise and few customers.  An air conditioner blew cool air directly on the foot massage chairs.

But, it is closed, since the lockdown.

I like to find a massage place with the following characteristics:

--  fresh air circulating from outside to where customers are.

--  3 feet of space from other customers.

--  female masseuses not 40 years old or older (I am tired of fighting off older women trying to grab my goodies).

--  table with air-face hole to lie on for full-body massage (optional).

--  on 2nd Road or soi Buckao, near The Avenue mall.

There are many massage places in the cited area.  But, I prefer not walking into each place to do my inspection.

Any suggestion on a massage place that has the above characteristics?  Especially the first two characteristics listed above, to meet covid social distancing.

Thanks in advance.

Your first characteristic "fresh air circulating from outside to where customers are" makes it sound like you're looking for a place with an open front and good ventilation. Off the top of my head I can't think of any places that would meet that criteria, especially in this tropical climate where A/C is a must for your comfort and the lady giving the massage.

As for a good place to go for a good massage that is decently fitted out, I would recommend Tum massage on Soi 15 off of Buakhao. My go to lady, Katae, isn't the prettiest, but her massage skills are better than most every other lady I've tried around Pattaya.

On 12/21/2020 at 7:43 AM, forcebwithu said:

. . .  I would recommend Tum massage on Soi 15 off of Buakhao. My go to lady, Katae, isn't the prettiest, but her massage skills are better than most every other lady I've tried around Pattaya.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I will take a look.

As for a place with an open front and good ventilation, I am dreaming of a high-class spa.  Maybe a 1,000-baht rub. A room with only one table in the middle. Not a small room with 6-7 mattresses next to each other on the floor, with a curtain in between mattresses.

With last weekend's 700-plus cases of covid and government's re-impositioning of social distance measures, I think the fresh air circulation is a definite plus.

16 hours ago, Grin Grasser said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  I will take a look.

As for a place with an open front and good ventilation, I am dreaming of a high-class spa.  Maybe a 1,000-baht rub. A room with only one table in the middle. Not a small room with 6-7 mattresses next to each other on the floor, with a curtain in between mattresses.

With last weekend's 700-plus cases of covid and government's re-impositioning of social distance measures, I think the fresh air circulation is a definite plus.

It sounds like you're risk adverse, so even having a room as you described, you're still engaging in a higher risk activity given the close proximity of the masseuse. There's also the matter of the massage table itself as a possible transmission vector. One would hope they wipe down the bed between uses, but unless you're there to witness, who knows what viruses still lurk on the surface.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tum on soi 15 looks promising.

Because it has 3 floors above.  I have been in a few ground-floor massage places, where they go upstairs to an another room to give a Thai massage.  The floors above Tum have windows.  Maybe they can be opened.

Of course, it is closed now -- due to the current mandatory closings, shutdown, lockdown, or whatever the current closures is being called.

But, when re-opened, I will check it out.  It is on my To-Do list.

13 hours ago, Grin Grasser said:

Tum on soi 15 looks promising.

Because it has 3 floors above.  I have been in a few ground-floor massage places, where they go upstairs to an another room to give a Thai massage.  The floors above Tum have windows.  Maybe they can be opened.

Of course, it is closed now -- due to the current mandatory closings, shutdown, lockdown, or whatever the current closures is being called.

But, when re-opened, I will check it out.  It is on my To-Do list.

The 2nd and 3rd floor of Tum Massage are cubicles for oil massage. Walls separating the cubicles are wood and go 3/4 of the way to the ceiling. Entrance is a curtain. As for opening a window, doubt your fellow customers would appreciate that. I for one wouldn't enjoy a massage with humid tropical air wafting over me. The massage lady for sure wouldn't as they can work up a sweat even with the A/C on.

Think given your requirements for a low risk massage environment your best bet would be an in room massage.

69274930_901203336882539_6579617188523540480_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/tummassage

Are those wifi codes on the wall? It's annoying enough when you're getting a foot massage and people are yakking on their phones or watching youtube and stuff, never mind hearing it from the next cubicle when you're having an oil massage!

34 minutes ago, keyman said:

Are those wifi codes on the wall? It's annoying enough when you're getting a foot massage and people are yakking on their phones or watching youtube and stuff, never mind hearing it from the next cubicle when you're having an oil massage!

Good spot. Had a look at the other photos on their FB page and that might be the only room upstairs that has a sheet with WiFi codes.

In all the times I've been there I've never heard anyone on their phone, or watching YT. That's upstairs in the cubicles, might be a different story on the ground floor. But all it takes is one to ruin your massage session.

Next time I'm in I'll pay more attention and if the sign is still up I'll mention to the lady she should pass on to the owner it's not a good idea, especially in oil massage area.

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

But all it takes is one to ruin your massage session.

One particular lady, who I thought gave the best massage often received a call during.... I let it fly as it seemed she managed the shop and likely got calls about staff not turning up, or do you want some som tam etc. And if there are any other customers there is a good chance they at least will take a call. or respond to a ding-dong Those getting foot massages downstairs often have their phones out. But more generally it is simply talking, I too am looking for complete and utter silence, or the gentle low volume elevator music..... I would be so lucky, there is always someone with a drill or hammer somewhere nearby.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, jacko said:

One particular lady, who I thought gave the best massage often received a call during.... I let it fly as it seemed she managed the shop and likely got calls about staff not turning up, or do you want some som tam etc. And if there are any other customers there is a good chance they at least will take a call. or respond to a ding-dong Those getting foot massages downstairs often have their phones out. But more generally it is simply talking, I too am looking for complete and utter silence, or the gentle low volume elevator music..... I would be so lucky, there is always someone with a drill or hammer somewhere nearby.

Yes indeed. I wonder if I am the only one who has been so pissed off with the constant chatteriing of a client that its almost lead to blows?

I can handle a bit of Thai music or in one case YouTube selecting what comes next but someone recounting every ailment in their life span or a CV of their boring lives is enough for me to reach for my clothes and off to look for somewhere more to my taste. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, teelack said:

Yes indeed. I wonder if I am the only one who has been so pissed off with the constant chatteriing of a client that its almost lead to blows?

I can handle a bit of Thai music or in one case YouTube selecting what comes next but someone recounting every ailment in their life span or a CV of their boring lives is enough for me to reach for my clothes and off to look for somewhere more to my taste. 

You are not.

Over the years I've encountered a few situations where customers were on their phones, loud enough it was disturbing me. Most cases a polite word with my lady resulted in a quick conversation in Thai to the other guy's masseuse. She in turn would tell the customer to shut the fck up, politely of course and that was the end of it.

In two instances that I can recall my lady responded can not say anything, he's customer. In both cases I immediately ended the massage and on the way out explained to the owner what had transpired and that I was a customer they will never see again because of their liberal phone policy.

Plenty of MP's to choose from, so no sweat to bail on those you're not happy with.

19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Plenty of MP's to choose from, so no sweat to bail on those you're not happy with

Sadly, that will signal the end of an established suitable venue. And although there might be quite a few to choose from, I hate having to start that search again. So many places seem to lack facilities, never mind a good masseuse, that broken hot shower, that lack of privacy as the curtains are falling. I recall one place that did not even have a shower head and  I was expected to be hosed down like the family pet. A few times I have taken showers apart to clean the filter for them. 

Might be the busy guy on the phone tips better than I do......

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, BeerBelly said:

So avoid Sois Honey and Pothole...so where is a good place? Honestly, I have a shitty shoulder at the moment and would like a good massage with some extra attention.

Replying to your post in the Massage topic rather than the GC topic.

Here's a list of places I've tried over the years where the massages have been good. Links are to Google Street View of their location. Where I remember I've added the massage lady's name in parenthesis. Most will offer extra attention after a fairly good massage.

Buakhao Soi 13, JM Massage (Gan), Malee Massage

Pattaya Klang between Beach Rd and 2nd Rd, Lucky Massage (Wan)

Soi Xzyte, Relax Massage (Jan)

Soi 18 off of 3rd Rd, past the intersection with Soi Bong Koch, Lee Massage (Lee)

Also Tum Massage on Buakhao Soi 15 mentioned in this post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1