Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

11 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

Swim every day about 6 or 7am. Lasted 15 minutes yesterday didn't even try today. 

I think mine is cancelled too..... bit nippy for that sort of silliness. 

15 minutes ago, jacko said:

I think mine is cancelled too..... bit nippy for that sort of silliness. 

Gladys Pugh would have gotten you out of bed at dawn for a few star jumps in your vest before a dip in the outside pool at Maplins!

EDIT - But I bet there were a few resistors in there (Geddit?) 

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

EDIT - But I bet there were a few resistors in there (Geddit?) 

Maybe..... hard to tell with you.

Usually up before dawn, soon after 5am most mornings. Filling the fridge, cup of tea and laptop on, all before sunrise. Had to sneak back in for a T-Shirt this morning. 

Yesterday was bad enough, getting out of the pool with a cold strong wind had me doing a dance. 

37 minutes ago, jacko said:

Maybe..... hard to tell with you.

You are probably not alone, even among the English, and perhaps it was too early to have a pun with your breakfast coffee.

So for Jacko and any non English:- Maplins was the name of the holiday camp in Hi-Di-Hi. It was also the name of the English electronics shop that sold resistors etc... 

4 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

You are probably not alone, even among the English, and perhaps it was too early to have a pun with your breakfast coffee.

So for Jacko and any non English:- Maplins was the name of the holiday camp in Hi-Di-Hi. It was also the name of the English electronics shop that sold resistors etc... 

And still going... https://www.maplin.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

Gym closed so went out at 6:45am to start a long walk.  Felt distinctly cool.  I thought, well, unless it is below 70F, it will be proof my blood has thinned out.  Refreshed the weather info on my phone.  The temp was 70F/21C.

9 minutes ago, nkped said:

Gym closed so went out at 6:45am to start a long walk.  Felt distinctly cool.  I thought, well, unless it is below 70F, it will be proof my blood has thinned out.  Refreshed the weather info on my phone.  The temp was 70F/21C.

Shit yeh!

What a wonderful early morning temperature this morning. I was having my morning coffee chatting outside to friends around 5am and there was a lovely fresh breeze.

4 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Shit yeh!

What a wonderful early morning temperature this morning. I was having my morning coffee chatting outside to friends around 5am and there was a lovely fresh breeze.

Torture for me but doesn't matter. The condo closed the pool again. Covid and the chill from China. These times may they pass.

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

I've been sleeping in my Burton's hoody since 3am !!

I still run the AC all night!

31 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Is it one of those clever Japanese ones that looks exactly the same but has a heater in it too ..??

No, I actually do have 2 of those (really old) but not in the main bedroom. The reason is, if I leave the AC off, it seems to warm up during the night and I wake hot, and have to turn it on. Even if it is quite cool at bedtime....it is well insulated bedroom and perhaps body heat does it... not that we get up to much. 

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2
43 minutes ago, jacko said:

The reason is, if I leave the AC off, it seems to warm up during the night and I wake hot, and have to turn it on.

Bugger that for a game of soldiers... I like to keep my leccy bill below 200 baht a month .... (Now watch this spin out of control off topic )

22 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Bugger that for a game of soldiers... I like to keep my leccy bill below 200 baht a month .... (Now watch this spin out of control off topic )

I like to keep mine below 3000, so AC automatically goes off at 5am!

1 hour ago, jacko said:

No, I actually do have 2 of those (really old) but not in the main bedroom. The reason is, if I leave the AC off, it seems to warm up during the night and I wake hot, and have to turn it on. Even if it is quite cool at bedtime....it is well insulated bedroom and perhaps body heat does it... not that we get up to much. 

The obvious solution would be to open the windows. Is there reason you don't like to have your windows open at night?

6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The obvious solution would be to open the windows. Is there reason you don't like to have your windows open at night?

Many, mainly noise and mosquitoes and to keep the dammed geckos out. And it seem like a waste of electricity with the AC running. 

Edited by jacko
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

I woke up shivering. I face North, and there was a wind.☹️ At present, the windows are  closed, and I have a blanket.

Cartoon Vector Illustration Of An Igloo And Penguin Stock Vector -  Illustration of nature, cool: 102413201

Suggest next time building your igloo with the door facing south. :D

In another life I did a bit of winter camping. Used tents, snow trenches and caves. By far the snow cave was the warmest of the lot.
Snow Cave.jpg

Or course it did help to have a couple of bed warmers with me. Pic from another camping trip.
Winter Cabin.jpg

13 minutes ago, jacko said:

Many, mainly noise and mosquitoes and to keep the dammed geckos out. And it seem like a waste of electricity with the AC running. 

I use a wall mounted fan to stay cool and as a white noise generator to cover the outside noise. My windows also have this cool invention called screens to keep the mossies and geckos out. ?

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I use a wall mounted fan to stay cool and as a white noise generator to cover the outside noise. My windows also have this cool invention called screens to keep the mossies and geckos out. ?

I skipped on the screens as I grew to hate them at my prior house... always full of dust. I have a large open area at the back where dogs congregate sometimes,  they can really make a racket. I tried a few times ceiling fan only, it works sometimes but only exceptional cool nights. Bit of a light sleeper..... a clicking gecko on the outside would be an issue and the security lights attract them. The bedrooms stay sealed 24 hrs..... to be honest it is only cool enough for me for one month a year......