Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

What were you doing this time last year?

I was packing my bags for Thailand and arrived in Pattaya on January 10, just in time to read about coronavirus. I had arranged with my landlord to sign a one year lease and was applying for a non O visa. Unfortunately I had to cancel both and left about 10 weeks later. Right now, I'm just hanging out waiting to get a vaccine and then I'll try again.

Meantime, happy new year to all. Chok dee bpee mai.

Edited by kahoy

Working.... looking forward to a year of unlimited overtime with total job security until I decide to retire......

within weeks overtime was banned....... summer was spent under the threat of redundancy.....  now back on flexi-furlough..... think I’ll be ok until next autumn when they’ll start redundancy talks again.......

but you’d never have believed every McDonald’s would close!!

• Upvote 1

Not sure exactly where last year, but Fakebook has just reminded me that 7 years ago I saw in the new year in one of the hotel rooms above the Beer Garden, overlooking the bay and the fireworks. It was made more memorable by having two cute and naked young ladies with me on the balcony....

I was trying to get back to my house (roads closed) and I had to work my way through the bush, walking, and dodging barricades. I had been evacuated from my house due to bushfires and didn't know if the house was still there. Luckily it was - the fire was being controlled about 350 metres up the road. Not good memories, and the year got worse....