Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Brits.... got your COE, ASQ and Flight booked?

20 minutes ago, jacko said:

Heads up as you may have to see how this unfolds.

British visitors to be barred from entry.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2044975/british-visitors-to-be-barred-from-entry

I presume there will be 2 escalations implemented in the near future.

1. Ban all incoming flights because the new strain has spread further than Britain weeks ago.

2. All Brits will be rounded up and put into mass quarantine at the IDC. I say "Brits" but the article seems to concentrate on the "English" . ... Maybe I will get hold of one of those tartan skirts the girls wear in some agogos and say I'm a Scot....

EDIT = Hope the thought of me in a tiny skirt without panties hasn't put you off your breakfast sausage !!

Edited by Bullfrog
13 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I presume there will be 2 escalations implemented in the near future.

1. Ban all incoming flights because the new strain has spread further than Britain weeks ago.

2. All Brits will be rounded up and put into mass quarantine at the IDC. I say "Brits" but the article seems to concentrate on the "English" . ... Maybe I will get hold of one of those tartan skirts the girls wear in some agogos and say I'm a Scot....

EDIT = Hope the thought of me in a tiny skirt without panties hasn't put you off your breakfast sausage !!

Let us not start any fear mongering. Quite serious for those making plans. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, jacko said:

Let us not start any fear mongering. Quite serious for those making plans. 

Totally agree but the headline of the article in bold and large type is "British visitors to be barred from entry" I didn't write it. Also in the link it says the new strain has already been identified in Asia. I am damn sure that last week it had been reported on mainland Europe.

So if the reason for barring Brits is the new covid strain then the next logical step would be to ban all flights.

My second point and EDIT were tongue in cheek but if you think anybody would take it seriously then I will very happily delete and re-edit as applicable. No problem!

34 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Totally agree but the headline of the article in bold and large type is "British visitors to be barred from entry" I didn't write it. Also in the link it says the new strain has already been identified in Asia. I am damn sure that last week it had been reported on mainland Europe.

So if the reason for barring Brits is the new covid strain then the next logical step would be to ban all flights.

My second point and EDIT were tongue in cheek but if you think anybody would take it seriously then I will very happily delete and re-edit as applicable. No problem!

I see some airlines  are stopping Brits travelling to Spain, but that is more to do with Brexit and required paperwork. 

This is the open part of the board accessed by non-Members, so I simply wanted to keep 'speculation' down. 

It has now been posted on Thai Visa (they don't permit links to The Bangkok Post) and this phrase got my attention and is the obvious reason.

On Sunday, Dr Yong Poovorawan, from the Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology at Chulalongkorn University, revealed that four British nationals - all from the same family - had tested positive for the new strain in quarantine after arriving in Thailand on 21st December.

With pre-flight Covid test these people got through... but quarantine and multiple tests during it, one would hope that would be safe. 

Edited by jacko
  • Thanks 1

I keep in touch with my English pals from Pattaya as well as a few from Germany, the USA and Scotland. I hope I'm not going off topic by mentioning the German and the Yank.

None of us would even consider going through the hoop jumping and expensive antics that will be expected of us before and after we even set foot on a plane. Then when we would get there there are just closed bars and restaurants waiting for us.

And now we hear Covid has hit Pattaya. I had news that an 85 year ex pat old pal of mine had died of it in August although they called it a respiratory disease. His wife said otherwise.

I can't see many of us returning till things get back to normal and we're made to feel more welcome than we were even before Covid and IF that ever happens.

Personally I'll wait it out and make sure I get the vaccine before I even consider going back there, that's what the fellows I keep in touch with are saying as well. Few of us want to self isolate back home for months in order to fork out a small fortune only to come a cropper in the Land of Smiles. It's even more expensive to be flown home in a body bag than it is in a business class seat!

I know of one exception who is an elderly chap married to a Thai who returned there recently. He's a retired business owner with plenty of money but has discovered his 'wife' has been running around while he's been absent. To top it all he paid 40,000 baht to stay quarantined for two weeks in a hotel room and the grub they left outside his door was shit. He even sent me a photo of it, boiled rice with cold ham and cheese and a bit of fruit. Fuck that for a game of soldiers, In the meantime like the rest of us I'll make do with hand shandies.

If they want to 'bar' us they can shove their Pattaya up some place where it's unlikely to get a sun tan.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, gs joe said:

Well Scotland is back in lockdown 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55531069

We were already in lockdown!  It's just been tightened for no good reason, other than to one up Boris.  

Got a an ice weather warning on my phone today, followed by the news that the divisive poison dwarf wants a new law to enforce the draconian news rules regarding leaving home. I'm missing 2020 already!

49 minutes ago, LAMF said:

We were already in lockdown!  It's just been tightened for no good reason, other than to one up Boris.  

Got a an ice weather warning on my phone today, followed by the news that the divisive poison dwarf wants a new law to enforce the draconian news rules regarding leaving home. I'm missing 2020 already!

That one up only lasted a few hours.The difference with this lockdown is that it will be a law come Wednesday,not just advice.Thats in England.you Scots are fucked anyway,between a rock and a hard place.

While there might not be new rules for UK arrivals, there is a new rule that is currently unclear.

When someone comes to Thailand, they must stay in an ASQ hotel in Bangkok. Once they finish that stay, it appears that they must get some kind of inter-province travel approval document because both Bangkok and Chonburi are red zone provinces. It was just announced, so there is very little information on what someone in quarantine can do to get such a document.

• Upvote 1

? then just book alq in Pattaya and let hotel and 

and taxi worry about it. with current shutdown why go at all for now

short of warmer weather. condo owner or thai family  just asking of course.

The Brits are going nowhere,without a very good reason,if the deaths continue upwards and reach the projected 2k plus,one report has the government allowing people to only leave the house once a week!!!! The new west wing style press officer daily briefing has been pulled.Amanda Stratton the new press officer? was so good in the trials that she would make the current crop of ministers look like numptys.not difficult some may say.Northern Europe may be getting the beast from the east 2.0 this weekend.The Harris Tweed jacket I ordered ten days ago is still at Heathrow according to track and trace, friction less trade eh.