Jump to content
Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
jomtienguy

Sex workers say 'defunding Pornhub' puts their livelihoods at risk

Recommended Posts

It matters if that's you're only source of income. 

Round them up and re-educate them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, teelack said:

Thanks but when the butcher, baker and dildo maker are out of work, does it matter?

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
 

Flippant dismissal aside, as 8rat noted above it matters to those losing income.  It matters to those who enjoy their product (entertainment).

This is a disturbing trend.  The PC crowd increasingly tells us what to think/not think, what to say/not say.  Freedom of speech is increasingly becoming a memory.  Sex workers are being viewed a victims.  They will go after those who prey on the victims.

Freedom of movement is next.  How long before they rule that old men traveling abroad to spend time with young girls es verboten?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When someone writes the following I feel justified in being flippant :

I personally stand to lose thousands each month,...

Earnings like this are only a dream for most of the World. Sure its tough but just as many people believe that they should be allowed to do as they want, then so are businesses allowed to deal with who they feel are worthy.

Remember that the article was about trying to do the right thing even if it cost the traders money/turnover in the process.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, teelack said:



Remember that the article was about trying to do the right thing even if it cost the traders money/turnover in the process.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
 

That actually is my point in a way.  Those demanding PC speech/thought and behavior think it is the "right thing", for the good of all. It is a very steep slippery slope....

Look at many of us on this board...flying to another country and paying young girls for pleasure.  How do you think those in power* feel about us?  99.9% of females think we are pond scum.  A remarkably high percentage of males feel similar - if politicians, will certainly vote for legislation like the females....

We are allowing them to abridge our free speech...it is only a matter of time before they demand we conform to their idea of proper physical behavior....

There is much to be said for "live and let live"...

* Government/politicians, MSM (mainstream media), Big Biz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BigusDicus said:

That actually is my point in a way.  Those demanding PC speech/thought and behavior think it is the "right thing", for the good of all. It is a very steep slippery slope....

Look at many of us on this board...flying to another country and paying young girls for pleasure.  How do you think those in power* feel about us?  99.9% of females think we are pond scum.  A remarkably high percentage of males feel similar - if politicians, will certainly vote for legislation like the females....

We are allowing them to abridge our free speech...it is only a matter of time before they demand we conform to their idea of proper physical behavior....

There is much to be said for "live and let live"...

* Government/politicians, MSM (mainstream media), Big Biz

 

Yes, we may be "Pond Scum" but I would like to bet that there are a lot of Thai ladies who are surviving on what their particular piece of scum is sending them and some of the expats who are supporting them. There is probably a lot more than we know about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, la8rat said:

Round them up and re-educate them.

About the topic of putting money aside for a rainy day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jacko said:

About the topic of putting money aside for a rainy day?

Jacko. You raise a good subject. I have had to bite my tongue a bit over the last few weeks and perhaps the last few days was an object lesson. 

The TGF hasnt been home for almost a year and was booked to go on the 27th of December and all that came crashing down. I admit that I had sent her some money to help on a few fronts but she was distraught about missing out on having her birthday with Mum, Dad, Son and the family. I was well aware that some of the money went home but others was spent on a few remaining co workers in Pattaya. OK, its the Thai way. 

This weekend she had a surprise birthday party on Saturday at a condo in Pattaya and another last night at the place she works. I have the videos and all I can say is that her investment in her friends has made her one very happy person. The food, presents and the feeling of having a family of sorts was perhaps well worth not having money in the bank for that proverbial rainy day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, teelack said:

The food, presents and the feeling of having a family of sorts was perhaps well worth not having money in the bank for that proverbial rainy day. 

I am ambivalent about this, and as I am generally too tight to send my hard earned off to Pattaya bar-girls, it really does not apply to me. But in these times for Pattaya, if I did send a packet, I think I would be aggravated if it was spent frivolously. Both your comment and one from Mr Egg recently suggest that is quite likely. I have donated to a few causes over the years, Winston's desperate attempt to get home,  Larry's temporary disability, and one or two more. That is possible because I did make sacrifices in my younger times, and still keep tight purse strings even now. Like the GGB that has been running for 30 years and now needs a Gofundme page, or a Pattaya GGG, BG, MPG going through her contacts list in hard times, who is worthier? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jacko said:

I am ambivalent about this, and as I am generally too tight to send my hard earned off to Pattaya bar-girls, it really does not apply to me. But in these times for Pattaya, if I did send a packet, I think I would be aggravated if it was spent frivolously. Both your comment and one from Mr Egg recently suggest that is quite likely. I have donated to a few causes over the years, Winston's desperate attempt to get home,  Larry's temporary disability, and one or two more. That is possible because I did make sacrifices in my younger times, and still keep tight purse strings even now. Like the GGB that has been running for 30 years and now needs a Gofundme page, or a Pattaya GGG, BG, MPG going through her contacts list in hard times, who is worthier? 

Again a good reply but I think that you are generalising. Thats fine but when it comes to individuals every story is unique and there is a great deal of history on this board. I have never understood the sponsor mentality but I accept that if its right for your emotional and financial state, then go for it. 

I guess that in some ways I have a bias in that over the last ten months since I have been away from Thailand I have, on line, met some really genuine people prepared to help out in this unprecedented time in history. There are others but I have seen and heard enough good and see how people have helped out whenever and however they can. I mentioned in another post that the TGF had enjoyed two birthday parties at the weekend. I am aware due to the videos that the people pulling the strings were both Farang expats. 

Like so many people I have had saved a lot of dollars having now cancelled four planned trips. A few of those dollars sent to Thailand isnt an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, teelack said:

Again a good reply

Well I have also been hit with a sense of deep guilt in Pattaya seeing someone 'on the street'....and if that person is alone,  or a couple, I have produced a small banknote  for them.... I always check there are not many people around as I fear numbers in those circumstances.... but I tell you what, if one day the guy jumps up, leaves his tin cup behind and rushes straight to the nearest lottery ticket seller.... it will stop! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jacko said:

Well I have also been hit with a sense of deep guilt in Pattaya seeing someone 'on the street'....and if that person is alone,  or a couple, I have produced a small banknote  for them.... I always check there are not many people around as I fear numbers in those circumstances.... but I tell you what, if one day the guy jumps up, leaves his tin cup behind and rushes straight to the nearest lottery ticket seller.... it will stop! :rolleyes:

Well said. The GF and i walk past the motorcycle taxi taxi guys and girls. to 7/11 , they have no business these days but nothing else to turn to. They know us well as she will take them in to the Monk thing where she gives rice and then she will walk 2/3 km back early in the AM.  I ask her what can we get for them and its always some supplement drink.   I will not contribute to charities anymore save Father Ray.  But have no hesitation handing a green or a red to someone i have seen for awhile.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 5:24 AM, jacko said:

Well I have also been hit with a sense of deep guilt in Pattaya seeing someone 'on the street'....and if that person is alone,  or a couple, I have produced a small banknote  for them.... I always check there are not many people around as I fear numbers in those circumstances.... but I tell you what, if one day the guy jumps up, leaves his tin cup behind and rushes straight to the nearest lottery ticket seller.... it will stop! :rolleyes:

 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:22 PM, sailingbill said:

Well said. The GF and i walk past the motorcycle taxi taxi guys and girls. to 7/11 , they have no business these days but nothing else to turn to. They know us well as she will take them in to the Monk thing where she gives rice and then she will walk 2/3 km back early in the AM.  I ask her what can we get for them and its always some supplement drink.   I will not contribute to charities anymore save Father Ray.  But have no hesitation handing a green or a red to someone i have seen for awhile.  

I was dawdling back from the 7/11 this morning and spotted a few lottery sellers so I just politely browsed the numbers....... and there 'twas...the most auspicious number in this months draw .... ending in 182 .... Can anybody guess why the number is so special ...???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

 

I was dawdling back from the 7/11 this morning and spotted a few lottery sellers so I just politely browsed the numbers....... and there 'twas...the most auspicious number in this months draw .... ending in 182 .... Can anybody guess why the number is so special ...???

As history tends to repeats  was it another pandemic ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...