Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Got some money in the bank.... had an incredulous offer of high interest?

Hundreds of investors caught in massive Kasikorn Bank branch fraud in Pattaya.

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/hundreds-of-investors-caught-in-massive-kasikorn-bank-branch-fraud-in-pattaya

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Just proves once again how gullible people can be. Who in their right mind would believe an investment could return 3.5% per month. Just the natural order of life, where there are sheep there will be wolves.

Interesting that Thaiger had no problems with naming the bank, even going as far as putting it into their headline. Whereas are local rag, Pattaya News, would not name the bank in their article.

Multiple Pattaya residents file reports to Pattaya police accusing local assistant bank manager of fraud estimated in the millions of baht

• Upvote 1

As for myself, I would smell a rat having to deal with just one bank official. It would definitely jump out at me if other bank branches saw problems with my account. I deal with SCB and they pay me absolutely no interest on my 800,000 baht that is required for my visa.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Gary said:

As for myself, I would smell a rat having to deal with just one bank official. It would definitely jump out at me if other bank branches saw problems with my account. I deal with SCB and they pay me absolutely no interest on my 800,000 baht that is required for my visa.

Have you looked into a fixed income account? Not much better than zero, but at around 1.25% at least it's a few thousand baht at the end of the year you wouldn't have had otherwise.

49 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just proves once again how gullible people can be. Who in their right mind would believe an investment could return 3.5% per month. Just the natural order of life, where there are sheep there will be wolves.

Interesting that Thaiger had no problems with naming the bank, even going as far as putting it into their headline. Whereas are local rag, Pattaya News, would not name the bank in their article.

Multiple Pattaya residents file reports to Pattaya police accusing local assistant bank manager of fraud estimated in the millions of baht

Another point is a PA thread, which had the informative article quoted, was immediately shut down.  Another PA thread, directly from the Pattaya News, which revealed SFA, remained open...

Perhaps I should have posted this in the Sins of... thread...:clueless

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Another point is a PA thread, which had the informative article quoted, was immediately shut down.  Another PA thread, directly from the Pattaya News, which revealed SFA, remained open...

Perhaps I should have posted this in the Sins of... thread...:clueless

Noticed that too, but in this case I think it was nothing more than wanting to eliminate the duplication of topics. Something PA has done before on many other duplicate topics that were started. I suppose if one wanted to test that theory out one could post the Thiager article in the PN topic.

46 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Noticed that too, but in this case I think it was nothing more than wanting to eliminate the duplication of topics. Something PA has done before on many other duplicate topics that were started. I suppose if one wanted to test that theory out one could post the Thiager article in the PN topic.

Should have done but one of the over enthusiastic mods would probably get his nose out of joint for showing up "their" article...

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Something PA has done before on many other duplicate topics that were started.

They need Dan Cheeseman as CEO ....Then they'd have 5 threads on the same subject and another 5 threads saying how they use it for their visa renewals because it only takes 4 minutes 35 seconds in there to process.

EDIT = I am of course complimenting Dan on his fantastic work as a salesman. There is no intention to criticize his fantastic work on TVF. Also  I meant to thank the Mods on TVF for all the useful informative comments for those that live 10 minutes drive away from an Immigration office. Keep it up boys!

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Barhop said:

Should have done but one of the over enthusiastic mods would probably get his nose out of joint for showing up "their" article...

Over enthusiastic is a very nice description.

For money in the bank TMB have savings account which is about 1.5% I think without any restrictions for taking money out.

So how many is that, 4 posts to be way off topic, talk about Chinese whispers?.

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Have you looked into a fixed income account? Not much better than zero, but at around 1.25% at least it's a few thousand baht at the end of the year you wouldn't have had otherwise.

I have a long irritating story. I had my money in a local Thai farmers bank that paid good interest. It was approved by immigration before I moved the money. It was fine for years until immigration got a new boss. She wouldn't accept that account even though I could get the money out anytime I wanted. I finally agreed to put the money back in a SCB savings account. That wasn't good enough because she said it had to be in my savings account for three months. What a miserable bitch she was. She said I had to leave the country. To make a long story short, I went to the US Embassy and got an income letter. She didn't like that but she finally did accept it. I ended up paying a 1,000 baht for a two day overstay fine as well as the expense and hassle of going to Bangkok for the letter. The bitch is now gone but I now hesitate to change accounts in case they get another new boss.

I did complain about the bitch to higher immigration but that was no help. The told me it was up to the bitch. When I found out she was gone, I asked one of the cheeky (friendly) girls where she went. The girl grinned at me and asked if I missed her. I told the girl I missed her the same as a migraine headache.  All the office staff all got a good laugh out of that. They knew what a nightmare the bitch created for me. I learned that the immigration boss is always right even when they are wrong.

I remember 25 years ago there was a Swiss restaurant with a green door, green window frames and darkened glass opposite that very same bank (albeit Thai Farmers Bank) and the bastard ripped me off for two bottles of champagne then closed down! I'm tellin' you there are bad vibes in that area !!

• Haha 1