Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Route 66 diner dark side

We had meant to try this American style diner after Christmas after I saw it on a Ride4Kicks video.  Then the lock downs happened.  We finally got there for lunch today.  From their webpage:

route-66-diner-pattaya-1.jpg

TW had the chicken fried steak, I had a Rueben.  We had jalapeño poppers as a starter which were also very good.  Plus they brought the starter out first then both meals together after it was finished.

Route66Rueben.thumb.jpg.84756b51ba81f9516e478ea6b9a557e5.jpg

We got another chicken fried steak and a chicken parmesan take away for the kids.  I tried the latter later and it was quite good.  Four meals, a starter, two SMLs and a vanilla milkshake came to just under 1,300 Baht.  I found that quite reasonable for the quality, quantity, and pleasant surroundings.  We'll be back.

We had a happy surprise when we got home, we saw them getting our community swimming pool ready because the Rayong governor has lifted his extra restrictions.

• Upvote 3
36 minutes ago, nkped said:

Recent startup and they seem to be doing well.

Yes.  There were quite a few customers there already when we arrived around 11:15, and that steadily increased as lunch time progressed.

13 hours ago, Broughton said:

Tried once very nice change have they finished the road construction nearby to it now ?

70710AF8-7278-441A-8EA4-1EB5182FA087.jpeg

E74EC43D-013D-4352-8538-3EE43163FC1F.jpeg

Nope.  We had to drive around the detour sign to get to their parking.  For us, coming West on 36, it's an easy drive.  When they fix the road we'll be able to get to Taco House again and try Outback.

So, can you say what you showed in your photos?  Looks interesting.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, tko said:

Nope.  We had to drive around the detour sign to get to their parking.  For us, coming West on 36, it's an easy drive.  When they fix the road we'll be able to get to Taco House again and try Outback.

So, can you say what you showed in your photos?  Looks interesting.

I learned to navigate to the Nongprue police station which is just a short distance away.  I particularly appreciate their breakfast menu.  The English speaking peoples seem to be particularly nationalistic when it comes to the first meal of the day.

• Upvote 1

They have filled in the last tank trap on Siam Country Club Road on the curve as you go under the elevated bypass.  There still is some work to the side so don't take it too fast.

• Thanks 1
On 2/13/2021 at 10:20 PM, tko said:

can you say what you showed in your photos? 

One was a standard burger with curly fries the other was Pulled Pork Cob normal fries and a plate of Garlic bread which didn’t really need. Then a chocolates sundae.

3 hours ago, Broughton said:

One was a standard burger with curly fries the other was Pulled Pork Cob normal fries and a plate of Garlic bread which didn’t really need. Then a chocolates sundae.

Thanks, it was the pulled pork one that caught my eye.

• 2 weeks later...

Daugher has wanted to try this place since we told her about it, so today we went back.

Starters, mozzarella sticks and jalapeño poppers:

R66Starters.jpg

TW had the buffalo wings, Daughter the Grand Slam, and I went with the French dip, though there are so many sandwiches on offer I probably won't repeat with that one.  Everything was good.

R66Mains.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1