Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

London Bangkok Nov 1st 2021

On 7/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, Gus said:

I have been double jabbed and I will be happier when I have the booster in the Autumn.

November 9th ish is when I would like to go to Thailand, fortunately I can leave it until late September early October before I decide if a trip is feasible.

If not then the alternatives will have to be considered.

Pretty much the same as me me mate. Hope the Baht is still low

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator post.   Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?   thanks 

I checked for around 15dec to 15 January,but the prices were were starting at around €1500,I only want to fly direct.Add on the peak season prices for accomodation and stuff in general.But you know it

Off on a tangent but it gave me some hope. I should have my shots by May /June. No rush really as there are no flights out. It was however announced over the weekend that the Australian government wer

Posted Images

I've just rescanned the original dates from OP

I wont copy it across but what is staggering is the amount of airlines now pricing without baggage included. Very few of us can get away with just hand luggage these days

Edited by Rawhide2
12 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I wont copy it across but what is staggering is the amount of airlines now pricing without baggage included. Very few of us can get away with just hand luggage these days

Also some third party websites charge more than others for adding baggage. Lastminute.com seem to charge double than what the airlines charge.

Edited by tombon
No surprise - when the discount airlines are always taking the top spots at Momondo and Skyscanner because their prices are without checked luggage etc. and this gives them success it is natural that the old airlines copy this.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Now this one I would book !!

Never been on Singapore airlines and baggage included as well. Cant ever remember Singapore sub £400. I definately would have a nibble at this one if I was confident Thailand would open next year

(edited pretty tight connection outbound which might unnerve some at 1 hour and 5 minutes)

Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 06-22-07 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Edited by Rawhide2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 6:24 AM, Rawhide2 said:

Never been on Singapore airlines and baggage included as well. Cant ever remember Singapore sub £400. I definately would have a nibble at this one if I was confident Thailand would open next year

(edited pretty tight connection outbound which might unnerve some at 1 hour and 5 minutes)

Amazing price for a quality airline 

• Upvote 1
On 7/29/2021 at 6:24 AM, Rawhide2 said:

Wow…… can it still be quarantine in March?

I bought 2 business tickets BKK-Dulles Thanksgiving and Christmas $2500 each. I will get a free ticket for next year with the miles and have never seen b class that cheap.  Then decided screw it i'll stay the month and sit at my favorite bar, just cancel the 2cd ticket.  The new ticket is $6000. I would have to pay the difference.  So will stay with what i have but hope i dont have to quarantine at all.

16 hours ago, Gottsy said:

Singapore Airlines UK to BKK.

Before you all get excited? check the changeover timings?? Horrendous

What are you talking about ??

Horrendous ?? 

1 hours 5 minutes oiutbound and 1 hour 40 minutes inbound.... be hard to find better ones

Edited by Rawhide2
5 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Horrendous ?? 

1 hours 5 minutes oiutbound and 1 hour 40 minutes inbound.... be hard to find better ones

In all the cheap SIA flights I have checked its between 12 and 24 hours changeover, because everything depends on the timing of the Sin to BKK flight.

Having just checked SIA on Skyscanner, there is not ONE cheap SIA flight with a changeover either way less than 17 hours.

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lond/bkkt/211005/211020/?adultsv2=1&airlines=SQ&cabinclass=economy&childrenv2=&inboundaltsenabled=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&preferdirects=false&preferflexible=false&rtn=1

Edited by Gottsy
45 minutes ago, Gottsy said:

In all the cheap SIA flights I have checked its between 12 and 24 hours changeover, because everything depends on the timing of the Sin to BKK flight.

Having just checked SIA on Skyscanner, there is not ONE cheap SIA flight with a changeover either way less than 17 hours.

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lond/bkkt/211005/211020/?adultsv2=1&airlines=SQ&cabinclass=economy&childrenv2=&inboundaltsenabled=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&preferdirects=false&preferflexible=false&rtn=1

Gottsy I'll do it for you again and will expand the connections this time for you ......

Bookable with Travel Trolley (as per orginal) as of 2 minutes ago.

1 hour 5 and 1 hour 40 connections

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 13-50-47 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Horrendous ?? 

I was going to mention that flights between Bangkok and Singapore on SQ were always very regular before and a long layover would not seem likely... but these days I am not sure. 

6 hours ago, jacko said:

I was going to mention that flights between Bangkok and Singapore on SQ were always very regular before and a long layover would not seem likely... but these days I am not sure. 

Yeah I take your point Jacko but as I was trying to explain to Gottsy that was a "live" quote using an agent I've probably had around 30-40 flights from without ever a single blip

Travel Trolley twice have pushed the boat out for me on issues that were no fault of theres whatsoever. My go to agent every time

On 8/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, Rawhide2 said:

Gottsy I'll do it for you again and will expand the connections this time for you ......

Bookable with Travel Trolley (as per orginal) as of 2 minutes ago.

1 hour 5 and 1 hour 40 connections

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 13-50-47 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Check my OP I was remarking on dates in NOVEMBER THIS YEAR, not 2022 as you have quoted. Do keep up. You are using dates in 2022 I am checking dates in October November THIS year. By the Way I wont use Travel Trolley they shafted me once and wont do it again.

Edited by Gottsy
10 hours ago, Gottsy said:

Check my OP I was remarking on dates in NOVEMBER THIS YEAR, not 2022 as you have quoted. Do keep up. You are using dates in 2022 I am checking dates in October November THIS year. By the Way I wont use Travel Trolley they shafted me once and wont do it again.

Don't hold your breath about travelling any time this year.The Thai authority's are saying that they expect daily infections to double over the next four weeks,that's going to get close to 50k a day,by the time it's peaked and then fallen to accepted levels to allow travel may not be reached this year.

17 hours ago, Gottsy said:

Fella I have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about

The thread was updated with a suggestion by me of Singapore with an excellent price and excellent connections. Simple as. You went off at a tangent saying 12/24 hour connections. I corrected you again.

Dont make your problem our problem...out

• Upvote 1

For the benefit of Gottsy (only) I've now re entered the very original thread dates but for November THIS year as per his request with connection times shown.....

Anytime you want to apologise I normally like whisky tokens ?

Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 06-11-00 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont apologise to anyone because on the date I checked (see my post) the changeover time were horrendous. You can see the timings on my post

and to be honest even looking at Skyscanner prices today most and I say most not all flights have horrendous changeover times. I stick with my original statement but you can continue arguing if it pleases you.

5 hours ago, Gottsy said:

I dont apologise to anyone because on the date I checked (see my post) the changeover time were horrendous. You can see the timings on my post

and to be honest even looking at Skyscanner prices today most and I say most not all flights have horrendous changeover times. I stick with my original statement but you can continue arguing if it pleases you.

....that hole must be very big by now ?

• Haha 2

I've just run the original dates again and included ALL London airports but I needn't have bothered as all the cheapest are Heathrow anyway and damn good carriers as well......all good connections

Seems to be some optimism that in November tourists may well be allowed in if double jabbed and tested again

For the benefit of @Gottsyand Singapore I've included top six in screenshot...

All under £420 desperate for business. I like that Swiss at the top and have never flown them either would be interested in that one for sure as well as Singapore

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 07-25-27 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 07-26-18 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Beginning to contemplate SIA for a trip back to the US next year as they are currently offering a decent price for premium economy.  If that still looks like a possibility will then look for a transit hotel at Changi.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, nkped said:

Beginning to contemplate SIA for a trip back to the US next year as they are currently offering a decent price for premium economy.  If that still looks like a possibility will then look for a transit hotel at Changi.

Theres a good series on Changi airport. I'm not sure which network aired the series originally but it came up as random suggestion on Youtube

If I link in one you can find the rest from it. Great series really enjoyed it

• 4 weeks later...

Nice little offering from Gulf Air for a 1 month stay next March....Reasonable transits and nicely priced most would agree. Been some good reports on Gulfs latest product in economy and business

I flew them for a 2nd time must have been 4 years ago or so and was pleasantly surprised compared to first trip way back in 2002

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 04-36-26 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

• 4 weeks later...

I cant screenshot is so easily now Via Travel Trolley because they've changed their presentation style but I re ran London Bangkok but changed the dates to May 2022 for 1 month

3 cheapest in Singapore Turkish and Gulf all with standard connection are sub £400

Theres no real indication I can see that prices are rising