Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

London Bangkok Nov 1st 2021

3 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I cant screenshot is so easily now Via Travel Trolley because they've changed their presentation style but I re ran London Bangkok but changed the dates to May 2022 for 1 month

3 cheapest in Singapore Turkish and Gulf all with standard connection are sub £400

Theres no real indication I can see that prices are rising

A KLM flight for specific dates in Jan/Feb has gone up €9 in 4 days.Theres some ok deals from Amsterdam at the moment but they all have restrictions and some are non refundable! It's buyer beware time.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator post.   Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?   thanks 

I checked for around 15dec to 15 January,but the prices were were starting at around €1500,I only want to fly direct.Add on the peak season prices for accomodation and stuff in general.But you know it

Off on a tangent but it gave me some hope. I should have my shots by May /June. No rush really as there are no flights out. It was however announced over the weekend that the Australian government wer

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Theres no real indication I can see that prices are rising

I see people booking from elsewhere (UK and USA) and I got an impression of higher prices.. but certainly, what you cite are very good. An insult to climate change even!?

3 hours ago, jacko said:

I see people booking from elsewhere (UK and USA) and I got an impression of higher prices.. but certainly, what you cite are very good. An insult to climate change even!?

I genuinely dont think they will. They're desperate for customers and why would they alienate long standing passengers many who will hold FF status by jacking up fares

Same for some thinking booze and bar fines prices will rise in Pattaya. Competition will dictate otherwise

46 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

I genuinely dont think they will. They're desperate for customers and why would they alienate long standing passengers many who will hold FF status by jacking up fares

Same for some thinking booze and bar fines prices will rise in Pattaya. Competition will dictate otherwise

The algorithm's will dictate price.I'm still not convinced we will be traveling on mass this winter,happy to be wrong about that.Basic flights,no hold luggage or choose your own seat,are looking good but wether those flights actually take of or not is another story.personally I think prices in Pattaya will rise with demand if there are very few tourists/long term visitors prices will be stable but Thailand is not immune to global market forces especially fuel hikes.There will be some serious drinking if we do arrive on mass LK metro will be jumping,looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

The algorithm's will dictate price.I'm still not convinced we will be traveling on mass this winter,happy to be wrong about that.Basic flights,no hold luggage or choose your own seat,are looking good but wether those flights actually take of or not is another story.personally I think prices in Pattaya will rise with demand if there are very few tourists/long term visitors prices will be stable but Thailand is not immune to global market forces especially fuel hikes.There will be some serious drinking if we do arrive on mass LK metro will be jumping,looking forward to it.

I'm just watching Sky and GMB here in the UK and restrictions are clearly on there way back for Brits. Death toll and infections are catastrophic currently

Winter coming I can see another lockdown coming

2 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Well I will tell you now, I have seen a push for higher prices in Pattaya for services, but probably it is not general. After losing money for 2 years there will be a desire to recover some surely. 

1 hour ago, Rawhide2 said:

I'm just watching Sky and GMB here in the UK and restrictions are clearly on there way back for Brits. Death toll and infections are catastrophic currently

Winter coming I can see another lockdown coming

Please define "catastrophic".

While infections are up considerably, the number of deaths is nowhere near the pre-vaccination days. In addition hospital admissions are not showing a corresponding spike in numbers.

All in all the numbers appear to show the vaccine is doing its job and while there is a large increase in new infections, it appears they're mostly asymptomatic or with mild symptoms that don't require admission to the hospital. Hardly a catastrophic situation.

Of greater concern is what new variants might mutate out of the large rise in infections.

image.png

image.png

image.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58976577

Covid: Bring back rules amid rising cases, urge NHS chiefs

Some Covid restrictions must immediately be reintroduced if England is to avoid "stumbling into a winter crisis", health leaders have warned.

The NHS Confederation said ministers' "Plan B" back-up strategy, including mandatory face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces, should be implemented.

UK cases have been rising sharply but deaths are well below the winter peak. 

The government says it has "absolutely no plan" for further measures but is keeping a "very close eye" on the data.

Daily Covid cases have been above 40,000 for seven days in a row, with 43,738 new infections reported on Tuesday.

Another 223 deaths were recorded, the highest since March, although daily figures are often more on Tuesdays.

The government's Plan A for dealing with Covid in England this winter is currently in place - with booster jabs offered to about 30 million people, a single dose of a vaccine available for healthy 12 to 15-year-olds and people advised to wear face coverings in crowded places.

If these measures are not enough to prevent "unsustainable pressure" on the NHS, then steps like making face coverings mandatory in some settings, asking people to work from home and introducing vaccine passports could be considered as part of Plan B.

Matthew Taylor, head of the NHS Confederation, which represents health service organisations, is urging the government to roll out the extra measures in Plan B to avoid hospitals becoming overwhelmed.

"The NHS is preparing for what could be the most challenging winter on record," he said.

"It is time for the government to enact Plan B of its strategy without delay because without pre-emptive action, we risk stumbling into a winter crisis."

Ministers "should not wait for Covid infections to rocket and for NHS pressures to be sky high before the panic alarm is sounded", he added.

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

All in all the numbers appear to show the vaccine is doing its job and while there is a large increase in new infections, it appears they're mostly asymptomatic or with mild symptoms that don't require admission to the hospital. Hardly a catastrophic situation.

The increases in infections are reflected mostly in school age children, along with the families of them... the vaccination levels are about 35% in the children group, as they did not start so long back in the UK... plus there is now a vaccine apathy. The rising deaths is apparently reflected in the elderly mostly 80+... they were first vaccinated early in the year and their resistance is waning.... booster vacs have been slow to take off, and again some apathy. 

Infection numbers, deaths and hospitalizations are all on the rise in the UK... getting vaccinations done is hopefully they way out, rather than winter restrictions. 

Edited by jacko

Moderator post.

Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?

thanks 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, keyman said:

Moderator post.

Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?

thanks 

Moderator post! I love it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just rerun a set of dates for next year and what is glaringly obvious is airlines have taken the opportunity to remove inclusive luggage completely or heavily reduce existing allowances

Not all I will add before someone says mine hasn't but big changes to many

7 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I've just rerun a set of dates for next year and what is glaringly obvious is airlines have taken the opportunity to remove inclusive luggage completely or heavily reduce existing allowances

Not all I will add before someone says mine hasn't but big changes to many

That's what I found,the other problem is finding exactly what it costs extra to add a bag,also what it costs extra to pick a seat.It seems that you only find out after you book and pay.That gulf air is a cracking deal as long as it's actually happening,the t&c will be eye watering though.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, yselmike said:

That's what I found,the other problem is finding exactly what it costs extra to add a bag,also what it costs extra to pick a seat.It seems that you only find out after you book and pay.That gulf air is a cracking deal as long as it's actually happening,the t&c will be eye watering though.

Flown then using Travel Trolley as the agent (as per all the screenshots)

No problem whatsover the only thing I thought Bahrain airport was pretty piss poor albeit hardly matters if you're only in transit for couple hours

Real dearth of airlines flying London Bangkok.....Travel Trolley pre Covid would have page after page in ascending order of price but struggling to fill even one normal page

Turkish seem the best bet currently taking into account price, seat pitch, baggage allowance (very generous 30kg) and transit times plus they are part of Star alliance

Prices rising as well in economy for sure

Did an additional search London to Manila and the prices are beyond eye watering. I actually thought initially I must have clicked business class only

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, tombon said:

It appears from reports online that BA have cancelled all direct flights on their LHR-BKK route. https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2021/12/british-airways-ditches-thailand-flights/

Yes it has been all over the News, mentioned in Thailand too. Cancelled the London-BKK flights through to October 2022. Apparently allowing transfers of those with bookings onto Qatar. 

6 hours ago, jacko said:

Yes it has been all over the News, mentioned in Thailand too. Cancelled the London-BKK flights through to October 2022. Apparently allowing transfers of those with bookings onto Qatar. 

I note this morning British Airways have ditched Hong Kong for now because flights crew testing positive had to go into state quarantine !

Unsurprisingly BA said fook that for a game of soldiers

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Cheapies are still about.

Another BM here had expressed interest in the dates on screenshot. Yep I acknowledge the inbound transit is longer than normal but these are really low fares. I've been on Gulfs Dreamliners and they're very nice albeit Bahrain airport was pretty dismal.....if you can pick up wifi though time would go relatively quickly

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 06-28-36 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Moving date forward to month of May which has always been the chepest out of the UK along with June and the Turks come up nicely with good baggage allowance.....there were prices from £368 with other carriers but no bags included

Only flew them once think it was 2001 and had by son who would have been roughly 6 months old. Remember well the crew fussed over him on both flights

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 06-36-24 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

I booked last Saturday with KLM BKK - BHX business THB 62k that’s cheaper than the booking I had to cancel in January. Will fly out in 3 weeks.

Of course it all depends on your flexibility to fly on the midweek days.
But if you are flexible and shop around flights are not really not that much more expensive than pre Covid.

My mate coming out from Germany with Lufthansa told me he was seeing flights around €650 eco which ain’t bad or at least compares to be before.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Broughton said:

My mate coming out from Germany with Lufthansa told me he was seeing flights around €650 eco which ain’t bad or at least compares to be before.

Yeah few guys on Legends Group put up Lufthansa at £342 out of the UK with standard connections

Never flown them personally and never seem to come up on Travel Trolley at the lower end of the prices....someone years ago said the seats were tight in economy. Could well have changed

Edited by Rawhide2