Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

London Bangkok Nov 1st 2021

21 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Yeah few guys on Legends Group put up Lufthansa at £342 out of the UK with standard connections

Never flown them personally and never seem to come up on Travel Trolley at the lower end of the prices....someone years ago said the seats were tight in economy. Could well have changed

It is along time ago but I flew them once. It was a cheap price yes, but not a pleasant flight....stuck cramped in the middle of a long row of 4 or 5 at the back of a 747... never used them again. Frankfurt a busy place to transit in. German punctuality the good thing. 

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator post.   Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?   thanks 

I checked for around 15dec to 15 January,but the prices were were starting at around €1500,I only want to fly direct.Add on the peak season prices for accomodation and stuff in general.But you know it

Off on a tangent but it gave me some hope. I should have my shots by May /June. No rush really as there are no flights out. It was however announced over the weekend that the Australian government wer

Posted Images

Have just run identical price check as was per original dated post but changed it now to 2022

First price was cheaper (fairly long transit inbound) but the rest were higher. Really had expected prices to have dipped with perhaps increased competition but carriers still dont have the frequency of 2019 thats for sure

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 09-39-34 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

4 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Have just run identical price check as was per original dated post but changed it now to 2022

First price was cheaper (fairly long transit inbound) but the rest were higher. Really had expected prices to have dipped with perhaps increased competition but carriers still dont have the frequency of 2019 thats for sure

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 09-39-34 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Have you checked their business class prices? I'm hearing good things about it recently. 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, knortyboy said:

Have you checked their business class prices? I'm hearing good things about it recently. 

Same flight but in Business with same carrier Gulf

I think any business class will make economy class look piss poor but theres £1897 difference between the two fares and Biz lands 30 metres in front of economy lol

At 44 to the £ thats 83,468 Bahts worth of bonking.....Economy for me every time. If I was heavily loaded I'd use Eva Elite ( their premium economy) but nahh I'd never pay for Biz myself outright

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 15-07-23 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

• Upvote 1

In hindsight no I wouldnt be using Eva premium economy either !!

Same dates. Thats insane for Elite class......there was a time when they first started flying out of Gatwick to Bangkok around 1993 that it was only £100 more for PE than standard economy

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 06-35-18 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

17 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Same flight but in Business with same carrier Gulf

I think any business class will make economy class look piss poor but theres £1897 difference between the two fares and Biz lands 30 metres in front of economy lol

At 44 to the £ thats 83,468 Bahts worth of bonking.....Economy for me every time. If I was heavily loaded I'd use Eva Elite ( their premium economy) but nahh I'd never pay for Biz myself outright

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 15-07-23 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Only flown business class a few times cashing in frequent flyer miles.  First time, on a Delta 767, was so uncomfortable I was glad to get back into an economy seat on the Narita-BKK leg.

2 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

In hindsight no I wouldnt be using Eva premium economy either !!

Same dates. Thats insane for Elite class......there was a time when they first started flying out of Gatwick to Bangkok around 1993 that it was only £100 more for PE than standard economy

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 06-35-18 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

I was a big fan of Eva premium economy but it still looks problematic to transit Taiwan.

Edited by nkped
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, nkped said:

Only flown business class a few times cashing in frequent flyer miles.  First time, on a Delta 767, was so uncomfortable I was glad to get back into an economy seat on the Narita-BKK leg.

I agree, the recliner seats they used for Delta BC back in the day were very uncomfortable. It was a nice improvement when they upgraded the cabin with almost lie flat seats. But the 170 degree incline meant you still had to fight gravity to avoid sliding off the end of the seat while trying to sleep. They finally got it right with the Delta One BC product.

I've been flying Delta almost exclusively for decades, but unless their BC air fares come down to to a more reasonable price I'll be giving other carriers my business. Flight prices below are RT BKK-MKE.

image.png

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I agree, the recliner seats they used for Delta BC back in the day were very uncomfortable. It was a nice improvement when they upgraded the cabin with almost lie flat seats. But the 170 degree incline meant you still had to fight gravity to avoid sliding off the end of the seat while trying to sleep. They finally got it right with the Delta One BC product.

I've been flying Delta almost exclusively for decades, but unless their BC air fares come down to to a more reasonable price I'll be giving other carriers my business. Flight prices below are RT BKK-MKE.

image.png

Eye watering Force simply eye watering

• 2 weeks later...

This is Copy and Paste from my own post on Legends so no harm in sharing on this occasion  (hopefully it doesnt open huge gaps between sentences as occasionally happens)

Few guys were on airline threads chatting and advocating Scoot airlines pros and cons on their non stop Gatwick Bangkok service

Fares for Scoot Plus seating (featured in video) were coming in at around £620 return last time I checked depending on which days of the week

Paul Lucas has done a 2nd review on them and normally he can be utterly brutal..... Aircraft is the exact model/layout as per the video .....ignore that its Germany to Greece flight as such as the plane itself is the same

Seats are very generous in size.... Food and drink is included albeit you can buy additional stuff as well.....even limited wifi was included

Only down side was the lack of inflight entertainment but those seats are big no question in a 2-2-2 layout

Have a look notwithstanding its a small separate cabin as well

If you don't want to see the pre amble just fast forward to 7 minutes when he is about to board

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

So many fares are eyewatering now compared to pre pandemic

Clearly many people now chasing limited flight schedules....am literally seeing increases every time I look and as for sensible transit times forget it on most routings

Thai surprisingly whilst increased prices are not showing the percentage rises seen by other carriers

If people are contemplating Christmas and New Year but holding off waiting for total relaxation of restrictions I'd be inclined to book now rather than awiting another few months

Edited by Rawhide2
13 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

So many fares are eyewatering now compared to pre pandemic

I checked the cost of my up coming thai airways flight from LHR in July and the price is £1350 for a return ticket. I paid £520 for same flight.

9 hours ago, tombon said:

I checked the cost of my up coming thai airways flight from LHR in July and the price is £1350 for a return ticket. I paid £520 for same flight.

Yes that the clear pick up of travellers looking to book as opposed to viewing a limited flight schedule

Eva are not even running till the first week in July and even then only 3 days a week

• Upvote 1

Credit to Stickman in his 22nd May upload....exactly what we've been saying

Pricey airfares.

"I’m looking to travel from London to Bangkok for a 2-week break, departing late June and returning mid-July. I have trawled the internet for flights in Economy, Premium Economy, and Business class. I contacted 2 of the main travel agents in the UK and was left holding on the phone for ages due to heavy demand. Prices in all classes of travel have doubled since before the pandemic. Economy starts around £800. Premium Economy seems not to exist and neither agent could find rates for this. Business is over £4,000. The agents have told me it is due to demand and the airlines trying to recoup some of their losses from Covid. Amongst the airlines I tried were Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Austrian, Finnair, Thai and Singapore. The agents could not find anything for British Airways, or EVA Air. I was not offered Cathay, QANTAS, or any other national carriers as it seems the agents just wanted to get a deal done ASAP. In the end I booked Swissair London City to Zurich, Zurich to Bangkok and return at £1,900 with a mixture of Economy, Premium Economy and Business class legs. It seems like airfares are increasing daily. I’d be interested in hearing others’ travel costs from UK to Bangkok and whether or not the aircraft are full"

• 1 month later...

Have just run those original dates again and just the two "cheapest" fares have screenshotted using same agent Travel Trolley

Gulf unless you're a glutton for punishment because of the inbound transit is useless and 2nd cheapest Cathay is a long routing especially coming home having done it twice one way in the 90's

Eva was 3rd cheapest at £644

Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 06-13-10 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Edited by Rawhide2
5 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Have just run those original dates again and just the two "cheapest" fares have screenshotted using same agent Travel Trolley

Gulf unless you're a glutton for punishment because of the inbound transit is useless and 2nd cheapest Cathay is a long routing especially coming home having done it twice one way in the 90's

Eva was 3rd cheapest at £644

Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 06-13-10 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Great price but 26:35 hours return! Factor in getting to the airport checking in etc and getting home from the airport,a possible 34 hour trip is a reason to pay extra for a direct flight.

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

Great price but 26:35 hours return! Factor in getting to the airport checking in etc and getting home from the airport,a possible 34 hour trip is a reason to pay extra for a direct flight.

Welcome to my world of traveling back to central US. Door to door is usually 34+ hours.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, yselmike said:

Yes I can find Eva for cheaper than I spoke about in post above

Can get it for £587 elsewhere which is hardly much higher than pre covid

• 3 weeks later...

I thought fares would be be coming down on that November month long trip as more airlines come back online. The Fuel issue despite what many claim is not the sole reason and Avgas is hedged typically a year in advance

Fares have stayed high to say the least with transit times obscene because of lack of seats/flights

Eva is coming out cheapest virtually every time astonishing for a non stop trip when traditionally they were always more expensive

5 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I thought fares would be be coming down on that November month long trip as more airlines come back online. The Fuel issue despite what many claim is not the sole reason and Avgas is hedged typically a year in advance

Fares have stayed high to say the least with transit times obscene because of lack of seats/flights

Eva is coming out cheapest virtually every time astonishing for a non stop trip when traditionally they were always more expensive

I checked for around 15dec to 15 January,but the prices were were starting at around €1500,I only want to fly direct.Add on the peak season prices for accomodation and stuff in general.But you know it's tempting.My €30k in my savings account was for a rainy day and possibly dental implants but it seems I don't have enough bone left for them,so I might as well blow some of it!

• Like 2