Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

KLM from Southampton

Just seen KLM are now offering Bangkok flights from Southampton, some nasty change times in AMS but some good ones too.

For LHR when I add up car parking, overnight hotels, petrol and the sodding about from Long Stay 2 to the airport? Southampton is looking more attractive as I can get a cheap train to the Terminal.

1 hour ago, Shitcreek said:

Just seen KLM are now offering Bangkok flights from Southampton, some nasty change times in AMS but some good ones too.

For LHR when I add up car parking, overnight hotels, petrol and the sodding about from Long Stay 2 to the airport? Southampton is looking more attractive as I can get a cheap train to the Terminal.

Is it with KLM UK or KLM?

I have a long list of horror stories with KLM UK - SOU. Perhaps things have changed so unless you ask I won't say.

I spent years arriving back and driving through the New Forest drunk from LHR or SOU.. I have been a right wanker splashing out dosh for hotel hoppers/hotel rooms/car rental/parking and taxis.

My advice? Get a National coach or look at Emirates LHR  business class because SOU is within the free taxi zone.

Another problem would be if you are flying with  a Thai wife or Girlfriend....But that is yet another story...

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

Is it with KLM UK or KLM?

I have a long list of horror stories with KLM UK - SOU. Perhaps things have changed so unless you ask I won't say.

I spent years arriving back and driving through the New Forest drunk from LHR or SOU.. I have been a right wanker splashing out dosh for hotel hoppers/hotel rooms/car rental/parking and taxis.

My advice? Get a National coach or look at Emirates LHR  business class because SOU is within the free taxi zone.

Another problem would be if you are flying with  a Thai wife or Girlfriend....But that is yet another story...

I'm not sure who the link flight is with but I did notice that on one of the prices is stated  "flight is operated by "Cityhopper" In April they are offering flights from Southampton to Bangkok return for £385 but I doubt we'll get out there that early

On a side note have you heard anything about the runway extension planning permissions??

4 hours ago, Shitcreek said:

I'm not sure who the link flight is with but I did notice that on one of the prices is stated  "flight is operated by "Cityhopper" In April they are offering flights from Southampton to Bangkok return for £385 but I doubt we'll get out there that early

On a side note have you heard anything about the runway extension planning permissions??

That is a fantastic price!

I no longer have contacts in the area so I'm afraid I know nothing about the extension.Sorry mate!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...