Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Lockdown in UK ends Mid June

12 minutes ago, Shitcreek said:

All travel restrictions from the UK to end in Mid June. Now its up to Mr Prayut

It's all well and good Bojo saying all Uk travel restrictions ending in mid June..... but everybody is relying on other countries to lift restrictions. Massive surge in holiday bookings for summer reported last night....

Prayut will probably wait until there has been progress made on vaccinating Thais before allowing arrivals without quarantine.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Shitcreek said:

I still think things here are going to get worse before they get better. Let's see what happens in Myanmar over the coming month. I reckon it will be Xmas before "normal" tourists return and with another National lockdown in between.

Miserable bastard aren't I.

13 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

Fake news!!!!

No decision whatsoever has been made as to when the travel bans will be lifted!!

What planet are you living on? or dont ypu bother reading newspapers or watching the news. YOUR POST IS THE FAKE NEWS HERE

Edited by Shitcreek
15 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

It's all well and good Bojo saying all Uk travel restrictions ending in mid June..... but everybody is relying on other countries to lift restrictions. Massive surge in holiday bookings for summer reported last night....

Prayut will probably wait until there has been progress made on vaccinating Thais before allowing arrivals without quarantine.

One Thai website said that Prayut et al were discussing  changing the confinement for new arrivals down to 2 days. so Im hoping

13 minutes ago, Shitcreek said:

What planet are you living on? or dont ypu bother reading newspapers or watching the news. YOUR POST IS THE FAKE NEWS HERE

Please please please post where you are quoting from that says 100%, guaranteed, not a day later, that the government will take away all travel restrictions from mid June???

Our problem is the father in law at 90+ is now suffering severe dementia and started crapping himself and in the bed etc. My wife is the only one in the family with any guts to do anything so shes got to get over there as soon as possible but isnt happy about spending 2 weeks in confinement.

6 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

Please please please post where you are quoting from that says 100%, guaranteed, not a day later, that the government will take away all travel restrictions from mid June???

Please please please point out where I said it was 100%  Guaranteed? also many travel restrictions are actually being removed from 21st May, and any remaining restrictions which will probably be few will be removed as from 26 June

• Downvote 1
41 minutes ago, Shitcreek said:

You've implied that the government have said all restrictions to be ended!!! Please quote your source!

6 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

You've implied that the government have said all restrictions to be ended!!! Please quote your source!

You just want a fucking argument dont ya Mr pedant?  Theres enough info out there if youre too fucking stupid to see it thats your problem

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Shitcreek said:

You just want a fucking argument dont ya Mr pedant?  Theres enough info out there if youre too fucking stupid to see it thats your problem

Tone the language down son.

• Like 1

One doesn't have to be in the situation of "being up shit creek' these days; it seems that Mr Shitcreek is quite up himself, going by his posts (being provided by a newbie). I quite agree with firth, on his responses to him.

• Like 1

I read the original post to mean its 100% guaranteed that all travel restrictions from the UK are to be lifted. But his post number 9 says it's not guaranteed.  

So Firth is correct and Shitcreek isn't

• Upvote 1

The date is also wrong in the OP.

144. Restrictions on international travel will need to remain in place for the moment.
However, following the Taskforce’s report in April, the Government will take a
decision on when these can be removed, which will be no earlier than Step 3 (17
May). This decision will be dependent on the global and domestic epidemiological
picture, the prevalence and location of any Variants of Concern, the progress of
vaccine rollouts here and abroad, and what more we have learned about the efficacy
of vaccines on variants, and the impact on transmission, hospitalisation and deaths

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021

Assuming all  is going to plan, I read it that international travel can resume mid May, not June. The big if is of course, assuming all is going to plan....

Of course as others have posted, just because Brits are allowed out, it doesn't mean that we're allowed in somewhere else without other conditions.

My understanding is the future dates are all reliant on the current relaxations not causing any problems........ teachers not socially distancing when they go back to schools could delay our holidays!! (Just an example)

12 hours ago, pinoydave said:

My understanding is the future dates are all reliant on the current relaxations not causing any problems........ teachers not socially distancing when they go back to schools could delay our holidays!! (Just an example)

Will teachers not have been vaccinated already? 

I thought the issue would likely be the kids spreading it amongst themselves and taking it home. 

Edited by jacko
11 hours ago, jacko said:

I thought the issue would likely be the kids spreading it amongst themselves and taking it home. 

Admittedly I have not followed the UK stats regarding children/teachers/school.   Here in the US many private schools (including most Catholic schools) have remained open to various degrees.  Some without pause.  Some public schools the same. There is little if any empirical data that shows children who attend school become infected at greater rates than those who do not attend class.  There just isn't.  Hysterical teachers unions and the MSM scream about the danger.  

I live in a county next to LA County (which is far left stupid).  Our county is more conservative and our county sheriff department (which is tasked with enforcing the draconian edicts commanded by the far left California Governor Newsom) takes a more relaxed posture towards enforcement.  Many of our public schools (including where my daughter attended) have remained open.  Stay at home orders have not been enforced.  Wear masks in public orders not enforced.  Many restaurants have continued to serve outside, some inside.  ETC., ETC.!

90% of the time our infection rates were the same or a few points lower than LA.  There was a 6 week period where we were 2-3% higher.  Our children are in much better shape than LA.  

Edited by BigusDicus
23 minutes ago, BigusDicus said:

Our children are in much better shape than LA.  

I was concerned that kids were a line of communication that needs to be considered, the kids themselves do not appear to get sick. School closure seems to have been an important factor in the UK lockdown approach... but hard to say which components in a package of many yielded the main benefit. 

It is possible too that the studies are not there to make any claims, but I do fear the approach of claiming a lack of empirical data substantiates anything. Scientists seem to generally see school closures as of little benefit restricting Covid.

Data on the effects of school closures on COVID-19 are limited as the pandemic is still under way, but researchers at University College London said evidence from flu epidemics and outbreaks caused by other coronaviruses suggests their impact on the spread of the disease will be small.

Seriously no matter what anyone claims (and I'm seeing supposed quarantine to be dropped overnight for vaccinated people) theres no way any British nationals will be turning up this year with just a smile and a passport at Suvarnabhumbi

10 hours ago, jacko said:

Jonathan Van Tam has stated that Teachers have a much lower incidence of catching Coronavirus than the general population 

9AC72EDA-B863-465D-8ACF-B10361CF30AA.jpeg

15 hours ago, pinoydave said:

Jonathan Van Tam has stated that Teachers have a much lower incidence of catching Coronavirus than the general population 

Yes but more generally I would expect schools to be a risk even if those attending are not likely to develop serious symptoms. I am old enough to remember how even nits could spread through a school.....

• Confused 1
18 minutes ago, jacko said:

Yes but more generally I would expect schools to be a risk even if those attending are not likely to develop serious symptoms. I am old enough to remember how even nits could spread through a school.....

BUT it is not happening...so what do you base your expectations on?

6 minutes ago, BigusDicus said:

BUT it is not happening...so what do you base your expectations on?

I don't know that because schools have been closed. And by the way it has been happening.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/transmission_k_12_schools.html

During the study period, the researchers identified nine clusters of COVID-19 cases involving a total of 13 educators and 32 students at six of the elementary schools. (A cluster was defined as at least three linked cases of COVID-19.)

It is a contagious virus that spreads like colds and flu. The kids bring such back home from school... I can only think of a doctor's waiting room being as bad. (Or a sports venue). 

• Upvote 1