Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Possible End To 90 Day Report

Some good news if it comes to pass.

Govt mulls visa rule overhaul for expats, tourists, investors

The government could revamp immigration RULES this year to make it easier for expats and long-term tourists to stay in the country, part of a strategy to boost investment and tourism revenue once the pandemic eases.

The proposed changes could mean foreigners would no longer have to file 90-day reports of their whereabouts -- a deeply deeply unpopular requirement, particularly now that the online filing system has been down for more than a month.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Some good news if it comes to pass.

Govt mulls visa rule overhaul for expats, tourists, investors

The government could revamp immigration RULES this year to make it easier for expats and long-term tourists to stay in the country, part of a strategy to boost investment and tourism revenue once the pandemic eases.

The proposed changes could mean foreigners would no longer have to file 90-day reports of their whereabouts -- a deeply deeply unpopular requirement, particularly now that the online filing system has been down for more than a month.

My imagination is running wild with the number of threads going crazy on ThaiVisa..

Here on Pattayatalk : Mmm ... I've lived through too many changes to get excited...

I can’t do the online 90-day report because my TM47 is 10 years old and not accepted by the system.  I used registered mail when I lived in Bangkok since it took 90 minutes to get to Chang Wattana.  Where I am now, it’s not much of a problem and only takes a few minutes in person, 15 minutes to get to the office.  Last time I was 5 days late and they didn’t bother to assess the penalty.  They have landlords and hotels reporting foreigners staying now so they don’t need this, makes a lot of sense to eliminate it.

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

been down for more than a month.

Longer than that I believe......

Although I live only 10 minutes walk from Jomtien Immigration, I'd welcome this as it's one thing less for my addled old brain to remember.   

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Bushcraft said:

I'd welcome this as it's one thing less for my addled old brain to remember.   

Y'know, that was my first thought too mate! There just seems to be so many things to "not forget!"...

Report last month, the officer saw that I had the TM47 form.  It may have mattered that there were other pieces of paper as well but he didn't look at them.  He pulled and scanned the receipt from the last report, printed the new receipt and stapled it in the passport.  With the  online system down, they be wondering why they are having to do the additional work.

1 hour ago, nkped said:

Report last month, the officer saw that I had the TM47 form.  It may have mattered that there were other pieces of paper as well but he didn't look at them.  He pulled and scanned the receipt from the last report, printed the new receipt and stapled it in the passport.  With the  online system down, they be wondering why they are having to do the additional work.

If you have the scanned receipt from the last report, that is all you have needed for years. Only need the TM47 for your first report in any cycle.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, tallguy said:

If you have the scanned receipt from the last report, that is all you have needed for years. Only need the TM47 for your first report in any cycle.

I think if the IO sees the TM47 receipt in your passport it saves him the time and effort of looking it up.