Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi Guys. 

A couple of you early birds might have noticed that the site was down for 3 or 4 minutes.... :D 

So... I am going to give a nice long explanation on what happened later... after I get some sleep. It took me almost 2 days of full time work with almost no sleep at all to get this fixed. In short just so you guys don't go crazy with the speculation, it was a catastrophic failure of invision's auto upgrade script along with my dumb ass not seeing that there was an error message that cancelled the backup I took just before I hit the upgrade button. So ya. That happened. 

I will update this thread with a longer explanation as soon as I get some rest. 

Oh.. ya. The theme. I have no idea whats going on with the theme. and to be honest I am too tired to look at it right now. The site works, and while its ugly... well... its better than nothing. Ill get the theme fixed ASAP. 

Frosty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like it was down over 12 hours from the USA.  Could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Shooter said:

Seems like it was down over 12 hours from the USA.  Could be wrong. 

Ya that was tongue in cheek. It was about 1.5 days. Almost 2 days. :(

• Haha 3
41 minutes ago, frostfire said:

Good job! I have built my own computers but the software side can be bitch. All things considered, besides some minor withdrawal symptoms for us, this was easier than a teeth cleaning on sensitive teeth.

Thanks for your efforts as always.

4 hours ago, frostfire said:

Was a brief window inbetween that I was able to get on, so I'm calling it 1 day or less, twice. :D

5 hours ago, frostfire said:

Hope I didn't come across as complaining.  I mean - it is free and no obligation on your part.  I do appreciate the forum. 

• Upvote 1

@frostfire thank you for the large amount of time and effort you have put in, and just put in to keep this forum up and running.

Chances are you encountered the same problems with the upgrade script that PA and then 247 had to deal with during their upgrade. It's to your credit and expertise it took you less than two days to resolve the issues. PA and 247 took much longer.

As for the theme, I believe whatever customized theme you had in the old version was lost with the upgrade.

And for BM's that are seeing this upgraded version of the forum software for the first time, off the top of my head some key differences are:
- no more page post numbers (the software guys at Invision decreed they are too old fashion and don't deserve to be in a modern forum)
- The Report, Share and Edit options are now in the upper right corner of a post under the ellipsis.
image.png

- Under your profile settings you now have Content View Behavior which allows you to change the setting so clicking on a topic title will take you to the latest, unread content in the topic.
image.png

Edited by forcebwithu
It's post numbers, not page numbers that are no longer displayed
1 hour ago, Shooter said:

Hope I didn't come across as complaining.  I mean - it is free and no obligation on your part.  I do appreciate the forum. 

Not at all ?

13 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

@frostfire thank you for the large amount of time and effort you have put in, and just put in to keep this forum up and running.

Chances are you encountered the same problems with the upgrade script that PA and then 247 had to deal with during their upgrade. It's to your credit and expertise it took you less than two days to resolve the issues. PA and 247 took much longer.

As for the theme, I believe whatever customized theme you had in the old version was lost with the upgrade.

And for BM's that are seeing this upgraded version of the forum software for the first time, off the top of my head some key differences are:
- no more page numbers (the software guys at Invision decreed they are too old fashion and don't deserve to be in a modern forum)
- The Report, Share and Edit options are now in the upper right corner of a post under the ellipsis.
image.png

- Under your profile settings you now have Content View Behavior which allows you to change the setting so clicking on a topic title will take you to the latest, unread content in the topic.
image.png

Cheers for that. 

Sometime today I will actually take a minute and look in to it. And start working on a new theme.... Or maybe ill just hire someone to do a better one this time. If this thing didn't broadside my ass I would have made screenshots etc to "save" what I could of the theme. Live and learn lol.

When you catch your breath, one of features lost in the upgrade was the back to top of page option. On 247 and PA they have it implemented as an icon in the lower right corner of the page.

Screen Shot 05-25-21 at 08.14 AM.JPG

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

When you catch your breath, one of features lost in the upgrade was the back to top of page option. On 247 and PA they have it implemented as an icon in the lower right corner of the page.

Screen Shot 05-25-21 at 08.14 AM.JPG

Yup, our plugins were turned off, and at least one of them are out of date. I did not want to turn them on while I was tired in case they broke something. Will get them back on today. 

Also, just got a quote of $250 for a fully customized theme with unlimited changes for a week. So I might just do that. Ill post a poll later asking for color suggestions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, frostfire said:

Yup, our plugins were turned off, and at least one of them are out of date. I did not want to turn them on while I was tired in case they broke something. Will get them back on today. 

Also, just got a quote of $250 for a fully customized theme with unlimited changes for a week. So I might just do that. Ill post a poll later asking for color suggestions. 

If you PM your Thai bank account info I'll throw some money into the pot to help defray some of the forum costs.