Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Email from the US Embassy.  It's slow and eventually it crashed without giving me an appointment.  I do appear to be registered.

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand (June 7, 2021)  

Event:  Vaccine Registration for Foreign Nationals Opens Today – June 7, 2021 

The Department of Disease Control (DDC) launched an official website (http://thailandintervac.com) for foreign nationals in the Bangkok and Pattaya areas to register for free vaccinations.  Other provinces have also launched vaccination campaigns targeting their local populations.  According to the DDC, registration on the website will open in phases.  The current phase targets non-Thai nationals aged 60 and above and those with specific underlying health conditions.   

Eligible U.S. citizens should first attempt to register at the hospital at which they have a medical record.  If you currently do not have a medical record with a local hospital, the website lists other vaccination locations and their readiness status.  U.S. citizens will be able to register online or at a hospital which has your health records by using (1) Thai social security numbers, which are associated with Thai work permits, or (2) your passport.  The website notes there are only two vaccines presently offered: Sinovac and AstraZeneca.  Both vaccines are approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization.  We advise U.S. citizens to check the website frequently for the latest updates.  Questions and concerns regarding vaccination and the registration website should be directed to DDC aoicddchotline@gmail.com.

U.S. citizens should note the following: (1) the vaccination campaign will prioritize vaccinating vulnerable populations (people over the age of 60, frontline healthcare workers, and people living and working in high-risk areas) before expanding to the general public; and (2) the Royal Thai Government is still in the process of obtaining the 40 million doses necessary to meet their 100 million dose goal and distributing these across the country.  U.S. citizens may not be able to receive a vaccination immediately after registration.  

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacko as expected BS. I was offered the Moderna in Oct. Not helpful. He will be at the hospital today 0830 to try for the Astra vaccine this month.  I will report back his results today. As i have pos

On the ongoing saga what will kill Bill first. His crazy GO GO girl on her bike or the lack of the vaccine. I do have an update perhaps helpful. As to the girl, we were behind a Motorcycle Taxi who st

The Thailandintervac.com site now has a link for pre-registration at Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi.  Seemed to work.

Posted Images

Got through to the booking appointment page.  Bangkok Hospital Pattaya will be one of the sites but not yet available.

I registered last week, I even got an appointment date, 1st January 1970.  Just have to find where I parked that damn time machine and I will be fine.

I know that that date is the default date stamp for all computer programmes, which I suppose means they didn't programme the thing correctly, what a surprise. 

Not the news we're looking for but this is a recent change so they are paying attention.

Screenshot_20210613-203734_Chrome.jpg

And so it begins...

Blame game begins over 'vaccine chaos'
Shortage prompts inoculation delays

"Several public and private hospitals across the capital, as well as a number of hospitals in the provinces, have postponed vaccination appointments scheduled for this week, saying they have not received enough vaccines from the Public Health Ministry."

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Broughton said:

I was hearing a rumour about the British Embassy in BKK organising the vaccines but they aren’t just in case anyone was also wondering. The official response I got.

E7988B07-E169-4356-ABA8-6E484258D0C1.jpeg

Not good enough,my French mate can have his vaccine next Wednesday.Vaccine supplied by the French embassy to all Froggies over 55.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:25 AM, Broughton said:

Is what it is we’re here and on our own always has been and always will be.

I think the French say something like ‘c’est la vie’

Very True. ,the US embassy has effectively said FO.     Bumrungrad has the vaccine on their website with detailed info on what to do. Called them and not true, maybe September.  I thought screw this ineptness and told my son ill be back next week to Phoenix, book an appointment for me. He said no problem the vaccine is free and everywhere .  We can go shooting in the desert and you fly back less than a week. I guess i have not paid attention as the reentry here is very difficult. I'm pissed but better to be here with the unemployed go go girl i'm meeting in the morning than back in Annapolis

3 hours ago, Broughton said:

Wouldn’t be the one you posted earlier in another thread would it ?

Yes, picks me up on her motorbike from Lewiinski's, off to the hotel and she drives me back. Only problem is that while outstanding sexually she is a terrible driver. When I'm on the bike im humming the American Pie song “This will be the day that i die” Not a bad way to go i guess.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, sailingbill said:

I guess i have not paid attention as the reentry here is very difficult.

If it weren't such a hassle to get back here I'd be sorely tempted to just fly back to Seattle and get my shots taken care of too.

I plan on going back to the USA in July for three months.  While there I will get my vaccines (Pfizer) through the VA.

Getting back shouldn’t be too much hassle as I already have my retirement visa and re entry permit.

Hopefully upon returning I won’t have to quarantine if vaccinated if the policy remains in effect.

5 hours ago, typhoon42 said:

Getting back shouldn’t be too much hassle as I already have my retirement visa and re entry permit.

Hopefully upon returning I won’t have to quarantine if vaccinated if the policy remains in effect.

I don't follow your last remark: the current policy requires quarantine, even if vaccinated.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, typhoon42 said:

I plan on going back to the USA in July for three months.  While there I will get my vaccines (Pfizer) through the VA.

Haven't had to research it myself, but won't you still need to get the certificate of entry through the embassy?

The advertised registration at BHP was a complete cluster.  Whatever they had reserved (250?) was gone by 1 am on 1 July.  

Clued in by FB, I'm registered for a shot at the Pak Chong hospital through Korat Prompt.  You'll need a browser that translates to English.  Chrome worked.  It took my Chonburi address without complaint.  Skeptical it will come to anything but falls in the category of it can't hurt, I think.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 6/30/2021 at 8:39 PM, nkped said:

Haven't had to research it myself, but won't you still need to get the certificate of entry through the embassy?

As of now, yes

On 6/30/2021 at 8:39 PM, nkped said:

Forgot to mention that I plan on returning October 15th.

As of now if you’re vaccinated and arrive after 1 October you will not have to quarantine.  Subject to change of course.

16 hours ago, typhoon42 said:

Forgot to mention.

I return on October 15th.  As of now if vaccinated and return after 1 October no quarantine is needed.

Subject to change of course.

I believe the advertised date is 15 October.

• Thanks 1

I managed to register at Samitivej Hospital, one of the top hospitals for medical tourism, for a free jab in September.  The next day they closed registration until next month.

• Upvote 1

As expected the Moderna is not next week , October. My friend will be there at 0900 in the morning so maybe Astra.  If i could take the Kittens girls back to Phoenix i would be on tonights flight.