Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

21 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Registered at Samitivej  also . A friend, Visa agent ,met with an administrator at an international hospital and they called me . Possibly the Moderna next week . We will see.

Let us know, but I don't think that stuff is even in the country yet........

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacko as expected BS. I was offered the Moderna in Oct. Not helpful. He will be at the hospital today 0830 to try for the Astra vaccine this month.  I will report back his results today. As i have pos

On the ongoing saga what will kill Bill first. His crazy GO GO girl on her bike or the lack of the vaccine. I do have an update perhaps helpful. As to the girl, we were behind a Motorcycle Taxi who st

The Thailandintervac.com site now has a link for pre-registration at Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi.  Seemed to work.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jacko said:

Let us know, but I don't think that stuff is even in the country yet........

Jacko as expected BS. I was offered the Moderna in Oct. Not helpful. He will be at the hospital today 0830 to try for the Astra vaccine this month.  I will report back his results today. As i have posted i dont care what vaccine i get as even the Chinese crap will keep you out of the ICU.  I am an old dude with a lifelong career in  Trauma/ Er Nursing i accept my mortality. It is my choice to drink and ride on my unemployed Go Go girls bike who despite being Thai does not seem to accept we drive on the left side.  And dont be behind her because thats on you pal. But these risks are my choices. Dying of a virus which can be prevented with a simple vaccine pisses me off. The CCP pisses me off. Fauci pisses me off. When i moved here i said i would not be one of those curmudgeons sitting in a bar complaining.  Im not doing well there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
On 7/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, typhoon42 said:

As of now, yes

quote:  'we have come aware that some  have not been vaccinated yet' ;  what planet do these people live on?  Talk about stating the blindingly obvious.  Most older expats have not been vaccinated yet, even I know that. In our group of over 40, only one has been vaccinated here and that was with the Chinese version ( good luck with that) . Two others have returned from the US having been vaccinated there, one is away in UK getting his.  All are registered here, including me and all we get back is a deafening silence. I do not expect to get anywhere near a vaccine until Spring next year.  In the meantime, I will  limit my exposure to others and to places that may be more risky, such as  bars, when they open, restaurants, markets and shopping malls.  Its a great life. 

• Like 1

Yes, the silence is deafening as to what has happened to local production of AZ. 

Another opinion piece posted yesterday by Thitinan Pongsudhirak in the Bangkok Post that touches on the why.

Is there a jab cover-up in Thailand?

And by the same author another article last week.

Prayut govt stuck in self-made trap

Total respect for the guy for writing about questions that are on most of our minds, and having the balls to publish those questions.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Yes, the silence is deafening as to what has happened to local production of AZ.

I can only say I heard of a Thai friend getting jabbed in Bangkok and the one used was AZ. Where all these vaccinations go to and get used seems to be a National secret here.

4 minutes ago, jacko said:

I can only say I heard of a Thai friend getting jabbed in Bangkok and the one used was AZ. Where all these vaccinations go to and get used seems to be a National secret here.

Not just where the vaccines are going to but also what is the true output from Siam Bioscience of the AZ vaccine, which the Thai govt was placing heavy bets on to vaccinate their population.

At the beginning of June I seem to recall they were supposed to be producing 10 million doses a month, but all I read now are vague references to delays and output shortfalls.

People are getting the AZ jabs, but nowhere near what was expected for this point in time. Instead what we read is increases in the number of Sinovac shots being imported to make up the shortfall. And as the author of the articles I linked to asks, why Sinovac and not other far more effective vaccines. Think most know the answer to that question.

The Thai govt is way behind the curve on dealing with the China virus and the Thai citizens are paying a heavy price for that now.

24 minutes ago, jacko said:

I am sure I read somewhere that 65% of the AZ vaccine produced under license in Thailand is scheduled to be exported under the terms of the contract.

13 hours ago, sailingbill said:

get as even the Chinese crap will keep you out of the ICU. 

I’m with you on that I was saying not risking that crap my mates in Shanghai had it months ago seem to be still with us.

I’m booked in for the 23rd via work with the Sinopharm my target is too get out and back in without quarantine maybe even a booster in the UK. Problem is to get the wife a vaccine I was hoping via the 70% of Pattaya will be done by the 1st October which is/was pie in the sky. 
Talked to a doctor in Pattaya Bangkok she said they was taking bookings this week at Bumrungrab. She gave me the website.

FB3FBE3F-7B4C-4BCF-B8F9-E541F39B75C4.jpeg

GF (42) and I (75) had both doses of Sinovac at no cost here in Valenzuela City, just outside Manila. No problems at all, no arm soreness or headache etc. Not the best maybe, but at 75 much better than nothing, and better than friends in Pattaya at the moment

6 hours ago, biggles said:

Not the best maybe, but at 75 much better than nothing,

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that view. To me, the Jury is very much out on  the Chinese and Russian vaccines.  One cannot trust  the  statements of totalitarian regimes and their largely untested  'products'.  I will wait until,a western vaccine is available to me in Thailand . I am far from stressed about waiting. 

• Haha 1
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that view. To me, the Jury is very much out on  the Chinese and Russian vaccines.  One cannot trust  the  statements of totalitarian regimes and their largely untested  'products'.  I will wait until,a western vaccine is available to me in Thailand . I am far from stressed about waiting. 
I would take the Sputnik V vaccine over both Johnson & Johnson and Astra Zeneca.
Higher efficiency and less side effects.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

As an update my friend took a copy of my Passport and Bumrungrad ID card and met with an Admin who looked at my records and am in to get the Pfizer on arrival next week.  Probably more likely i can swim to Bangkok but hope springs.   

• Upvote 1

Phyathai2 which opened for registration at 9am was out at 1030am.  BHP is surveying for interest in Moderna, current patients only.  Check their FB page.  Don’t know if it will turn into anything but better than getting blown out of the water at the digital starting line because you were 10 seconds behind.

'I will wait until,a western vaccine is available to me in Thailand' 

Pinetree, if you were like me, 75 and living in a country with a rapidly expanding covid rate and very few available vaccines for foreigners you might have a different view. By the time that Western vaccine gets to me I could be in hospital, or dead! 

3 hours ago, biggles said:

'I will wait until,a western vaccine is available to me in Thailand' 

Pinetree, if you were like me, 75 and living in a country with a rapidly expanding covid rate and very few available vaccines for foreigners you might have a different view. By the time that Western vaccine gets to me I could be in hospital, or dead! 

It may come to that.  Apparently, sinovac is not indicated for us who are senior members of the caucus.  I don't know about sinopharm.  50% efficacy would not be sufficient to go back to normal life but it would be a major improvement in the odds.

• Upvote 1

This is a surprising, but welcome development.

Sinovac dumped as second-dose vaccine in favour of AstraZeneca

In a major policy change, the Public Health Ministry has decided to use the AstraZeneca vaccine for the second jab for those who received Sinovac as the first dose.

Public Health Minister Anutin Chanvirakul announced the change on Monday. 

AstraZeneca would be administered as the second shot three or four weeks after the Sinovac inoculation. A combination of the two vaccines would provide a better defence against the Delta variant of the virus, he said.

Mr Anutin did not say what people who have had two doses of Sinovac should do when the change in policy comes into force, or how it would affect people awaiting their first or second dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

This is a surprising, but welcome development.

Sinovac dumped as second-dose vaccine in favour of AstraZeneca

In a major policy change, the Public Health Ministry has decided to use the AstraZeneca vaccine for the second jab for those who received Sinovac as the first dose.

Public Health Minister Anutin Chanvirakul announced the change on Monday. 

AstraZeneca would be administered as the second shot three or four weeks after the Sinovac inoculation. A combination of the two vaccines would provide a better defence against the Delta variant of the virus, he said.

Mr Anutin did not say what people who have had two doses of Sinovac should do when the change in policy comes into force, or how it would affect people awaiting their first or second dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Interesting and a trend perhaps. A study is going on that gives one dose of Pfizer's vaccine and one of Moderna's. I am uncertain of the order. An Israeli study showed a 25-30% reduction in effectiveness by the Pfizer vaccine to the Delta variant and of course, there is ongoing research into booster shots. This virus is not going away, perhaps ever, without something earth shattering being developed in the anti virus sciences. It doesn't help the situation that so many refuse to get vaccinated. 

20 hours ago, sailingbill said:

As an update my friend took a copy of my Passport and Bumrungrad ID card and met with an Admin who looked at my records and am in to get the Pfizer on arrival next week.  Probably more likely i can swim to Bangkok but hope springs.   

You never know... I expect the efforts to vaccinate has picked up in Bangkok........travelling is permitted to get vaccinated. 

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

Interesting and a trend perhaps. A study is going on that gives one dose of Pfizer's vaccine and one of Moderna's. I am uncertain of the order. An Israeli study showed a 25-30% reduction in effectiveness by the Pfizer vaccine to the Delta variant and of course, there is ongoing research into booster shots. This virus is not going away, perhaps ever, without something earth shattering treatment being developed in the anti virus sciences. It doesn't help the situation that so many refuse to get vaccinated. 

9 hours ago, Broughton said:

I literally just registered at BPH via this website. No promises that you get anywhere just registered.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDjDkAuh0-t3DpfsonNyulBh_jVunh1jGSxgOcQpRd7pWgTQ/viewform

They're advertising it as a survey, not registration.
image.png

They'll probably use the personal info to contact you when the vaccine becomes available. But they're asking for more personal info than I'm comfortable giving, just so they can contact me.
image.png

On the ongoing saga what will kill Bill first. His crazy GO GO girl on her bike or the lack of the vaccine. I do have an update perhaps helpful. As to the girl, we were behind a Motorcycle Taxi who stopped at the intersection. Now these guys generally know what they are doing so you would think its a good idea to wait and see what he sees. Nope she drives around him and off into the fray.    OT i am registered on several sites but seems October with no real plan.  I now have a confirmed Appt. at St Louis Hospital with a written slip allowing me to travel. July30. The AZ.  I understand there are guys on the forum who dont want the vaccine and respect their choice. But for those old like minded BMS' give St. Louis a yell. You need a Bangkok address and if you PM me i can provide mine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1