Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

4 hours ago, jacko said:

I saw this posted on FB and went in there.... took me a while to find my Nationality. It all seems a bit 'wooly', ie loose, I think I made a registration but might have forgotten to enter my phone number, I certainly don't recall putting in my patient number with them. No error message at all.....

Despite being able to book a date and time it is still called a survey... and rather than confirm things, they will tell you if it changes.

I think I will try again when I wake up proper... desperate to not be living a life like this much longer!

The lack of alphabetical ordering on nationality is just lazy programming and it's also a sign of a mediocre programmer. I count myself as a decent coder, and one trait I've found common in all the good coders is attention to the small details. It's easy to blow off the sort order as not that big of a deal, but if the coder doesn't do a good job on the simple, easy stuff, they're much more likely to do a piss poor job on the complex stuff too.

I think the use of the word "survey" is just a misunderstanding on their part of what that word means in the English language.

Chances are good if you didn't enter a phone number, a required field, your submission didn't go through. Another poor programming job on their part as there is no message on the bottom of the screen telling you there was missing data, you have to scroll back up to see the fields highlighted in red that are missing required info.

• Like 1
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacko as expected BS. I was offered the Moderna in Oct. Not helpful. He will be at the hospital today 0830 to try for the Astra vaccine this month.  I will report back his results today. As i have pos

On the ongoing saga what will kill Bill first. His crazy GO GO girl on her bike or the lack of the vaccine. I do have an update perhaps helpful. As to the girl, we were behind a Motorcycle Taxi who st

The Thailandintervac.com site now has a link for pre-registration at Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi.  Seemed to work.

Posted Images

Appointment in Bangkok on 10 August, possibly Pfizer.  Have laid on a car, The Limo Pattaya.  Supposedly have an appointment at Bangkok Pattaya on 19 August.  Wouldn't get both but not counting on anything until it happens.  Registered at three other hospitals, one in Pak Chong.

Edited by nkped
11 hours ago, nkped said:

Appointment in Bangkok on 10 August, possibly Pfizer.  Have laid on a car, The Limo Pattaya.  Supposedly have an appointment at Bangkok Pattaya on 19 August.  Wouldn't get both but not counting on anything until it happens.  Registered at three other hospitals, one in Pak Chong.

And you don't think that you maybe stopping others from getting an appointment?.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My friend in Bangkok signed me with Bumrungrad and St Louis. I had my appt with St Louis last month. The contact from Bumrungrad called and said you have an appt at St Louis soon , go there. While at St. Louis there was a wait because the computers connecting to the government were slow. so they are connected., they know multiple appts.  Agree though if you are with 4 different hospitals they may not realize it until you get a spot. So still possible to push someone out of the queue.  I'll be fully vac with AZ.  When i return to US for Thanksgiving and Christmas I'll get the Moderna formulation. There are available appt. every hour from open to close in every clinic ,pharmacy and grocery store for an mrna. No Astra or Sinovac. I wont be bumping anyone.

1 hour ago, yorta2 said:

And you don't think that you maybe stopping others from getting an appointment?.....

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, yorta2 said:

Fair point but I'm not counting on anything until it actually happens.  After all, we had the 1 July fiasco at BPH when it turned out there were only 250 doses.  I doubt any of the ones available will go to waste under the circumstances.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RhinoTusk said:

I had an appointment today at MedPark hospital in Bangkok.  I got AZ and was in and out in an hour.  Second appointment is 12 weeks from now.

Okay, so they are addressing the second shot.

I had my first jab of AstraZeneca yesterday afternoon at BPH. I showed up for my 2pm appointment about 45 minutes early. Not a problem as they have stacks of check-in forms sequentially numbered by your appointment hour.

They called out numbers in groups of five about every four minutes. Waited only about 20 minutes for my number to be called. From there the processing proceeded at the same pace.

First was passport copy and data entry. Next was blood pressure. After that it was jab time, and with the small needle used I didn't feel a thing.

Final step was the 30 minute wait. Total time from checking in to walking out the door was about 1.25 hours.

Waited until this morning to report on side effects. End result, nothing more than slight fatigue after the jab which an hour nap took care of.

2nd jab is scheduled for 3 November.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Forcebwithu, I was there the day before. All very well organised. I was super impressed. I was in and out in just over one hour. Next appointment is 2nd November.  Side effects, a slight stiffness in that shoulder and a bit dizzy the day after, but nothing much different to normal for an old man. Oh, and I think the nurse that vaccinated me was cute, at least I think so,  under all that garb she was slim and very nice eyes. We had a short but pleasant chat during the process. She said that the side effects from the second vaccination tend to be more prolonged, up to 3 or 4 days of flu like symptoms, but not for everyone. 

Edited by Pine Tree
On 7/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, nkped said:

Somewhere along the way, added Vimut Hospital in Bangkok as a Line friend.  This morning got a message, in Thai, at 8:17.  Google Translate is a wonderful thing.  It was offering the opportunity to register for the Moderna vaccines at a cost of 1,650 baht, 1,200 baht to be paid in advance.  They would send a payment link.  Convinced one will need to be proactive, I  registered.  At 10:36am, got another Line message saying they were full up.  At 11:12am, got the SMS with the payment link.  Of interest, the link is good for 24 hours.  After checking Grab Car to see they would take the hospital as a destination, I made the payment and got a confirming email.  No appointment as yet.  Hope it pans out but, if not, it would not be the first non-performer I had in Thailand.

Having got the first dose of Pfizer and an appointment for the second, relatively certain I won't need this one.  Sent an email requesting refund of the 1,200 baht.  Not holding my breath but it would be a good hourly rate for a couple of minutes to compose and send the email.

19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I had my first jab of AstraZeneca yesterday afternoon at BPH

And may I ask did you get the original invite SMS from them or simply go directly to the registration form without it? Any other reason you may have got accepted like one of 7 ailments, I know you are not over 70. Obviously I want to see what my chances are like next week, after much ambiguity.  

1 hour ago, jacko said:

And may I ask did you get the original invite SMS from them or simply go directly to the registration form without it? Any other reason you may have got accepted like one of 7 ailments, I know you are not over 70. Obviously I want to see what my chances are like next week, after much ambiguity.  

Once registered there was no confirming SMS until the evening before my appointment, When checking in I only needed to show them the SMS on my phone.

I didn't have any of the other high risk conditions, other than over 60.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Once registered there was no confirming SMS until the evening before my appointment, When checking in I only needed to show them the SMS on my phone.

I didn't have any of the other high risk conditions, other than over 60.

I never received the confirmation SMS, but rued up anyway and I was on the system.  I was not alone, something like 25% of those attending appeared to have not received that second SMS.  The 25% is a guess based on what people were saying round me. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Pine Tree said:

I never received the confirmation SMS, but rued up anyway and I was on the system.  I was not alone, something like 25% of those attending appeared to have not received that second SMS.  The 25% is a guess based on what people were saying round me. 

Neither one thing or another...they have another system now registering on 16th to 20th for vacs 1st-9th Sept. Using the wwwthailandintervac.com and select BHP. What a confusion.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/hospital-news-en/press-release-en/item/3045-covid-vaccine-foreign-residents-en.html

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, jacko said:

Neither one thing or another...they have another system now registering on 16th to 20th for vacs 1st-9th Sept. Using the wwwthailandintervac.com and select BHP. What a confusion.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/hospital-news-en/press-release-en/item/3045-covid-vaccine-foreign-residents-en.html

Adding to the confusion, even though the graphic on the BPH webpage tells you to choose Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, when you click on the link there is no location for Pattaya listed.

image.png

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Adding to the confusion, even though the graphic on the BPH webpage tells you to choose Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, when you click on the link there is no location for Pattaya listed.

Maybe after 16th?

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just checked and the site still doesn't have an option for any hospital in Pattaya

Yes, me too... not another dead end!

Within a few minutes had two phone calls from hospitals about Covid vaccinations.  The first I didn't really catch which hospital, but I thought was Bangkok Pattaya.  The second was in Sri Racha which asked how close I was to the the hospital.  Told them both thanks but I had gotten Pfizer in Bangkok.  Things are beginning to break loose.

54 minutes ago, nkped said:

Within a few minutes had two phone calls from hospitals about Covid vaccinations.  The first I didn't really catch which hospital, but I thought was Bangkok Pattaya.  The second was in Sri Racha which asked how close I was to the the hospital.  Told them both thanks but I had gotten Pfizer in Bangkok.  Things are beginning to break loose.

It's still a trickle for those in Pattaya. Sad to say the one day they had reserved for the AZ shot is now fully booked. 

Screen Shot 08-16-21 at 11.36 AM.JPG

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Good news for you and other Pattaya residents, registration has just opened again. This time with an option to select a vaccine.

My selection appeared to be full soon after it became open.....

Edited by jacko