Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

GF spent most of the day at the local vaccine location for the general population (indoor sports stadium?).  She did get the jab but definitely no reservations/appointments.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacko as expected BS. I was offered the Moderna in Oct. Not helpful. He will be at the hospital today 0830 to try for the Astra vaccine this month.  I will report back his results today. As i have pos

On the ongoing saga what will kill Bill first. His crazy GO GO girl on her bike or the lack of the vaccine. I do have an update perhaps helpful. As to the girl, we were behind a Motorcycle Taxi who st

The Thailandintervac.com site now has a link for pre-registration at Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi.  Seemed to work.

Posted Images

A Thai lady I know somewhere up North has had the Sinovac vaccine and is booked in for the Astra vaccine mid September

Got this SMS at 5pm.
Your appointment to have vaccination at building D, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is on 19/08/2021 at 13:00 - 14:00. The choice of vaccines are Astra Zeneca or Pfizer. Please confirm your vaccine preference by clicking the link https://bit.ly/3maDgio. If you're under 60 years old, you need to present Medical Certificate as proof that you have the underlying 7 medical conditions. Please bring your passport and show this SMS to our staff. Thank you.

Got the Pfizer vaccine last week so won't be completing the link.  It was the date/time I requested.

23 minutes ago, nkped said:

Got this SMS at 5pm.
Your appointment to have vaccination at building D, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is on 19/08/2021 at 13:00 - 14:00. The choice of vaccines are Astra Zeneca or Pfizer. Please confirm your vaccine preference by clicking the link https://bit.ly/3maDgio. If you're under 60 years old, you need to present Medical Certificate as proof that you have the underlying 7 medical conditions. Please bring your passport and show this SMS to our staff. Thank you.

Got the Pfizer vaccine last week so won't be completing the link.  It was the date/time I requested.

I'm happy I was able to get my AZ vaccine last week at BPH, but a bit peeved the govt vaccination program is so disorganized there was no hint that if I would have waited a week I could have had Pfizer. 

9 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm happy I was able to get my AZ vaccine last week at BPH, but a bit peeved the govt vaccination program is so disorganized there was no hint that if I would have waited a week I could have had Pfizer. 

The 10th was the first day Pfizer was offered at MedPark.  I selected that rather than the 9th solely on the general principle of don't go on the first day/Monday.  Sometimes lucky is better than good.

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Twice, I have had 2 invites an hour apart to get it from BHP at different locations. 

1 hour ago, jacko said:

Twice, I have had 2 invites an hour apart to get it from BHP at different locations. 

Lucky you.I just tried registering on www.thailandintervac.com.No availability for the AZ vaccine can only get Sinovac or first dose Sinovac,second dose AZ,no way im going near Sinovac,i just dont trust the Chinese.

5 hours ago, pattysteve said:

Lucky you.I just tried registering on www.thailandintervac.com.No availability for the AZ vaccine can only get Sinovac or first dose Sinovac,second dose AZ,no way im going near Sinovac,i just dont trust the Chinese.

Yes, just got 1st dose of Pfizer at The Central Festival BR, and the 2nd is only 3 weeks away. Had to let the one at the hospital slip. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, jacko said:

Yes, just got 1st dose of Pfizer at The Central Festival BR, and the 2nd is only 3 weeks away. Had to let the one at the hospital slip. 

Congratulations.  Ten days from now you will be 80% protected.  Ten days after the second jab should be up to 95% plus.

80% is pretty good.  My promiscuity advanced rapidly at that point....?

Sorry I’m late to this topic.

I got my AZ two weeks ago in Bangkok.

I am slowly getting the staff vaccinated, if they so desire, but it’s a slow process as they do not want Sinovac.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 8/19/2021 at 3:52 PM, jacko said:

Hi Jacko,where did you register(online)

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm guessing he used the link below, but they're now fully booked. I expect they'll open registration again for a new batch of dates sometime next week.

https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com/rvf_covid/rvf_pre.php

@pattysteveI did get a result from that one above, but also another, which I believe is what I used. To be honest I registered at a number of places and somewhat lost track. Good luck.

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

Just got an SMS for Pfizer from BPH on 23 Aug at Central Festival.  Nothing about being over 60.  Don’t even know where that one came from.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Very short notice, but just saw this posted on PN FB page.

239621219_3886502068117393_736876417503157195_n.jpg

They certainly leave things to the last minute don't they.....my neighbour, due to mostly his own inaction, has been left out to dry vaccination wise so I wanted to make him aware of this opportunity. He seemed none too pleased to be disturbed early. (But he needs to get transport organized if he stands any chance). Doubt he will....

On 8/20/2021 at 12:17 PM, misteregg said:

Sorry I’m late to this topic.

I got my AZ two weeks ago in Bangkok.

I am slowly getting the staff vaccinated, if they so desire, but it’s a slow process as they do not want Sinovac.

They were giving sinopharm at the indoor sports stadium last week.  GF said at least it wasn't Sinovac.

• 2 weeks later...

All the staff have had first shot and most are getting their second shot before me!

Il sure all Pattaya residents know already, but they are now accepting walk ins for Pfizer at Centfal today. No appointment. 

For what it is worth, there seems to be a growing consensus here in the US that for both the Pfizer and Moderna it is better to wait for three months before the second jab rather than the current three or four weeks.  Not sure about AZ and others.  

5 hours ago, BigusDicus said:

For what it is worth, there seems to be a growing consensus here in the US that for both the Pfizer and Moderna it is better to wait for three months before the second jab rather than the current three or four weeks.  Not sure about AZ and others.  

A little late now for many.... here in Pattaya the interval between Pfizer and Pfizer, has been only 3 weeks, also Thais between Sino and AZ has been either 3 or 4 weeks. I believe Az to AZ is the longer one being 3 months.

3 hours ago, jacko said:

A little late now for many.... here in Pattaya the interval between Pfizer and Pfizer, has been only 3 weeks, also Thais between Sino and AZ has been either 3 or 4 weeks. I believe Az to AZ is the longer one being 3 months.

My 2nd AZ jab is scheduled for three months after the 1st.

I had my 2nd AZ last week - 3 months after my first. However, the Australian government has been trying to get people to have their 2nd one earlier, just to improve their stats. The 3 month gap ensures a stronger, longer resistance to Covid and, also, a much longer time between boosters (if required).

On 9/21/2021 at 4:58 PM, BigusDicus said:

FWIW, the English experience (not sure about the other countries in the union) has been:

Originally, the recommended interval was two to three weeks.

At one point, it was extended to eight to twelve weeks. This seems to have been a political decision intended to conserve stocks because of a possible supply problem.

There was some surprise when the longer interval gave better immunity than the original interval.

• Upvote 1