Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Qatar has a great special for travel from USA

As low as $619 from ORD and $651 from SFO. Other cities also but higher than these 2. Use promo code MPMEMBERS. I just booked for April arrival. And their change/refund policy is very fair.

• Upvote 3

They're now a code share with Alaska.  Flight time wouldn't be that much more than trans-Pacific.  I understand great circle and all that but it still seems strange, also no premium economy.

• Like 1

I don't normally stand on such principles, but I will not fly with an airline owned by a terrorist supporting State. I will fly with the more liberal Middle Eastern airlines, but not Saudi or this one.  

• Confused 1
4 hours ago, Pine Tree said:

I don't normally stand on such principles, but I will not fly with an airline owned by a terrorist supporting State. I will fly with the more liberal Middle Eastern airlines, but not Saudi or this one.  

Perhaps not conclusive but Al Udeid Air Base a major US Air Force and RAF base and the home of the forward headquarters of US Central Command is located in Qatar.

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, nkped said:

They're now a code share with Alaska.  Flight time wouldn't be that much more than trans-Pacific.  I understand great circle and all that but it still seems strange, also no premium economy.

That's what the code is for-to recognize their new affiliation with AS. But strangely enough, you don't have to be a member of AS frequent flyer program to use the promo code! I had originally booked from ORD but decided to pay the extra $30 to depart from SFO since I'm in Baja. Right,no premium economy. As an aside, Air Canada has a great deal where you can bid on premium economy and business seats if ticketed in economy. Simple process and you can increase,decrease or cancel you bid at any time. Pretty cool.

You are absolutely correct about flight times.My flight time from SFO to DOA is 15:10 and a further 6:50 to BKK with 2 hour connection. Also,their lounge is available for $55 for up to 6 hours and has everything I would like on a longer connection, including a shower.

Edited by 4wheels
  • Like 1