Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Airways CEO Resigns As Court Approves Rehabilitation Plan-but he's on a board to bring them back!

Reading through that article it appears as though several aircraft leases will be getting cancelled...... so it looks as though Thai could be off-loading their 787's some 777's and some A350 and possibly some of Thai Smiles A320's..... Thai's restructured fleet looks like it could consist of A330 and 777 with a some owned A350 for a while.... Wonder what the chances of their parked A340's have of taking to the skies again?

Boeing currently has 3 new build 77W's ordered by BOC Aviation for lease to Thai Airways and they will no doubt be looking for a new home.

They are absolutely hopeless.  Until they have a total clear out and employ a management team with intentional aviation experience (I am available by the way  ?)  they are doomed to repeat their obvious mistakes. Thai is a basket case and always will be. 

8 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Reading through that article it appears as though several aircraft leases will be getting cancelled...... so it looks as though Thai could be off-loading their 787's some 777's and some A350 and possibly some of Thai Smiles A320's..... Thai's restructured fleet looks like it could consist of A330 and 777 with a some owned A350 for a while.... Wonder what the chances of their parked A340's have of taking to the skies again?

Boeing currently has 3 new build 77W's ordered by BOC Aviation for lease to Thai Airways and they will no doubt be looking for a new home.

The makket is flooded with so many airframes already. A340s have zilch value. Their fate was sealed long before the pandemic.

10 minutes ago, 4wheels said:

The makket is flooded with so many airframes already. A340s have zilch value. Their fate was sealed long before the pandemic.

Yes the A340's have zilch value, and Thai have been trying to sell them since they were parked up in 2015, but they are owned frames and wouldn't be as expensive to operate as leased aircraft would be.

7 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

Yes the A340's have zilch value, and Thai have been trying to sell them since they were parked up in 2015, but they are owned frames and wouldn't be as expensive to operate as leased aircraft would be.

I don't think they will ever leave the ground with paying passengers. Too expensive to operate from fuel standpoint. Plus flight deck crew training again and spares,ect.   

Of course Treenudgeyergroin is back on the panel, to do otherwise would be apportioning blame in the local way of thinking. Heavens, even the former ambassador who sold the Thai embassy in The Hague some years ago is still working as a senior civil servant somewhere. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 4wheels said:

I don't think they will ever leave the ground with paying passengers. Too expensive to operate from fuel standpoint. Plus flight deck crew training again and spares,ect.   

Flight deck crew training? They already have A330 rated pilots...... high fuel cost yes, but it would still be cheaper option that paying out lease payments and fuel.

They recently withdrew some 777-300, but they're older and with much higher cycles and hours..... it could be a possibility that those could get returned to service.

7 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

Flight deck crew training? They already have A330 rated pilots...... high fuel cost yes, but it would still be cheaper option that paying out lease payments and fuel.

They recently withdrew some 777-300, but they're older and with much higher cycles and hours..... it could be a possibility that those could get returned to service.

I meant recurrent training for the pilots, which is done on a yearly basis. I'm sure quite a few haven't flown recently. I could see the 777s for sure.