Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

It's reported in the Guardian that the Chinese government are to keep their travel restrictions for one more year.

That means no Chinese tourists in Pattaya for another year.That really may be the final nail in the coffin.

That's bad news for all the investors who've been putting up hotels and condos in Patts, but good news for the expats who live here - provided that the Thai goverment cares a damn about ordinary jobless Thai people and opens up the bars, agogos etc. and lets people from other nations in as a matter of priority. That presupposes a mass vaccination programme, which is unaccountably (and suspiciously) delayed. Possibly the Thai elite are still cooking up a scheme how to make serious money from such a programme after all, despite it initially being announced as "free". Don't let a crisis go to waste ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Also, the way this current covid "wave", is going in Thailand...its just a matter of time, before many countries world-wide. put Thailand on their "red  lists"..

The future (and most especially the short time future) of Thailand's tourism industry is looking very bleak indeed.

Such a woeful pitifully slow vaccine roll-out too...I really feel for the "average" Thai.

Edited by marleyboy
spelling

Don’t disagree with any comments but I prefer the glass half full approach in terms of what’s happening in Thailand.

Germany was slow off the mark on vaccines but they do 5m a day now I think I saw.

China is China you have to understand that is what you call real state controlled nothing like here at all.

So bottom line is this is here to stay for the foreseeable it’s just how it’s decided to live with it and tourism adds significantly to the GDP so it’s natural that solutions have to be found going forward.Even if some ideas are tinpot at least go with it..

11 hours ago, Broughton said:

Germany was slow off the mark on vaccines but they do 5m a day now I think I saw.

Perhaps per week, numbers seem to bounce between 600k and 1m+ on a daily basis...still a fair old crack. 

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte, frustrated by the slow pace of COVID-19 vaccinations in his country, threatened people who refuse to get inoculated with jail or an injection of Ivermectin, an anti-parasite drug widely used to treat animals.

Ivermectin has been touted as an alternative treatment for COVID-19 but U.S. and European regulators and the World Health Organization (WHO) have recommended against it.

"You choose, vaccine or I will have you jailed," Duterte said in a televised address late on Monday, following reports of low turnout at several vaccination sites in the capital Manila.

"But for as long as you are here and you are a human being, and can carry the virus, get vaccinated.

"Otherwise, I will order all the village captains to have a tally of the people who refuse to be vaccinated. Because if not, I will have Ivermectin meant for pigs injected into you."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/philippines-duterte-threatens-vaccine-decliners-with-jail-animal-drug