Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Area Construction Projects

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I inspected this morning round about 0830.  These are genuine and no AI enhancements.  

Today's Soi 15 disaster update. Not easy to see in this photo, but the seam on the left side of the DIY access tube hasn't been sealed and you can see th

Moving towards Soi Buakhao some progress has been made.

Posted Images

UPDATE on several planned Pattaya projects: Extreme sports area near Bali Hai, Pattaya Beach renovation, and sports center

Meanwhile, Pattaya City has started the renovation of North Pattaya to South Pattaya Beach at a distance of 2.7 kilometers.

Mr. Kietisak Siwongchai, the Pattaya City Deputy Administrative Chief Officer, told The Pattaya News, “We have hired the Nong Nooch Landscape & Garden Design Co., Ltd. to renovate the beach since August 6th of this year which is expected to be finished in November 2023 (Yes, over two years). The total budget is set at 116,100,000 baht.”

“This long-term project is designed to refresh and recover the beach and beach walkway area and make it welcoming again once tourists return, which we expect to see widescale tourism next year. We have to quickly develop tourism places and prepare to welcome tourists. Facilities near the beach will have to be all renovated. ” Kietisak explained.

This ambitious plan includes underground bathrooms, exercise areas, plenty of seating spots and shade/trees, repaired sidewalks, plenty of shrubbery and plants, a children’s playground, better lighting, more space for parking, room for food cart vendors, handicap spaces and access, and much more. The project was originally planned to start last year but was delayed, according to officials because of Covid-19.

Nong Nooch did the Landscaping renovation at my condo and a great job on about 5 Rai of gardens. Interesting watching them place fully mature trees with heavy equipment.    Very happy to see this as in better days it was a nice walk along the beach from Dolphin to the Beer Garden.

35 minutes ago, yorta2 said:

Underground bathrooms? They should quickly become swimming pools when the first flood comes....

What's wrong with you? Pattaya's flood problems have been solved. That is, at least, until the next big rain.

• Haha 3

I believe they are ripping out trees again on the Beach.

Edited by jacko

Yes, started this morning. A pics from the Pattaya News FB page (link).

236092471_993197588097917_8067260786138826181_n.jpg

233856881_993197578097918_6672542859693289665_n.jpg

229847564_993197541431255_3443469191515361593_n.jpg

And this is what they're planning for the new footpath to look like. Talk about sterile looking, and practically no shade. Color me not impressed.
229281214_993197554764587_2506443122297252161_n.jpg

227175800_993197561431253_2574989250478704358_n.jpg

12 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

And this is what they're planning for the new footpath to look like. Talk about sterile looking, and practically no shade. Color me not impressed.

The cynic in me says they want umbrellas that visitors have to pay for, not free shade like trees. Some of those ripped out trees were quite old.

2 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

During the right time of day you can get your shade on the opposite side of the street and have your pocket picked while getting molested by an Indian tailor.

Or ride in the shade on a baht bus and have the same done by a lady with a large bag on her lap. Ah I so miss the old days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remembering what it used to look like, circa 2006.
      Even had seating for the 'ladies' to rest on
102-0269_img.jpg.65ca64650f886ee425926b74061896b8.jpg
Yes - that was much better.
I wonder WHO prefers the new layout.
If I were a cynic I might agree with Jacko :-D

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

12 hours ago, kingarthur said:

Remembering what it used to look like, circa 2006.

Even had seating for the 'ladies' to rest on

102-0269_img.jpg

And the number of rats that nested in those flower beds.  Always impressed the tourists walking down the sidewalk from the high end north end to see their path crossed by the rats. 

UPDATE: Pattaya Mayor addresses the status of the Pattaya Beach remodel project

Yesterday, Tuesday (August 17th), Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunploem told the associated local Pattaya press, “The Pattaya beach remodel project is a long-planned continuation of a multi-phase project that started from previously expanding the size and width of the beach sand which was already done several years ago. It is also meant to complement recent water drainage projects and is the next phase of this overall plan. It is not a brand-new project or a replacement for the drainage or sand expansion plans.”

“The project is being supported by the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) and private investment which has continued to improve local beaches including Jomtien Beach. This plan was mapped, discussed, and put together long before Covid-19, and the budget set aside for this program was put together by EEC investors and participants specifically for this purpose well before Covid-19 hit. The money being utilized for this plan could not be redirected to Covid-19 efforts even if we wanted to due to the fact that the project is an EEC initiative and was funded and raised well before the virus with EEC investors specifically raising funds for this purpose.” The Mayor stated.

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

“The project is being supported by the Eastern Economic Corridor

We got all this money to spend and are having a great time doing so......

4 minutes ago, jacko said:

We got all this money to spend and are having a great time doing so......

I just wonder if the economy there would have benefited more from vaccines for everyone allowing life to return to normal.  Well probably a silly thought.  it might actually work.

I don't see the lack of available funds as the reason for the lack of vaccine. It's more due to poor decisions made starting in November last year as to what the govt was willing to buy. I believe those decisions were driven more by greed and corruption than any real thought what would be best to protect the population. That poor decision making has continued up until only a few weeks ago when the govt finally agreed to budget money for purchasing vaccines other than Sinovac and AZ. The only reason we're seeing anything other than those two right now is due to the donation of Pfizer from the US.

As for the Beach Rd project spending, at least it's keeping the employees of Nong Nooch employed, and the brown envelopes filled.

• Like 1

Failure from the start.  First ,we dont need to pay for vaccine we may not need despite the rest of the world pursing them.  Can't have private hospitals importing mrna, We would look bad.   We will partner with other covid free countries and share tourism. The bubble tourism idea, the Sandbox. Anything but an effective vaccine program except Sinovax .    My GF who is pretty clued in said if he could come back there would be vaccine same as America.  "You know i am farang and can't talk about it dear. " She spent hours at Jomtien yesterday only to be turned away.  I can get off the plane in the US, UK or Australia and be covered the first shot in an hour.   "

Guys, we have enough threads running about covid and vaccines, can we keep this on track about the Beach Road construction?

Thanks

• Upvote 2

I think the objections are from Thai land owners overlooking the beach who realize that with cars parked and food stalls permanently on the walkway their premises are not worth as much.

Thzts my felling anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • forcebwithu changed the title to Pattaya Area Construction Projects