Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Emirates Gatwick-Bangkok

According to the Times,the boss of Lufthansa has said that prices will rocket as the airlines try to claw back their losses.

Let's hope they all want to fill their flights so the competition will keep prices low. But I am sad to say that I think that heavy CO2 taxes will be placed on flights soon.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Odense said:

Let's hope they all want to fill their flights so the competition will keep prices low.
But I am sad to sad that I think that heavy CO2 taxes will be placed on flights soon.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

I'm a pensioner and my concern is that prices will rise across the board.To rub salt in,I am going to take a hit on my household energy bills,and because of the rise in gas prices I will take another hit in the inevitable rise in food costs.If I have to pay 1k for a ticket add insurance,possible rise in accommodation also food and drink prices.

I am a natural pessimist but I fear I have taken my last trip to Thailand.

2 hours ago, yselmike said:

According to the Times,the boss of Lufthansa has said that prices will rocket as the airlines try to claw back their losses.

Price increases from the Colonies are already spreading. I fly out of Houston so most flights are United, yeah you can take the odd EVA flight, but United controls most international flights going west from Houston. I'm planning a late November trip and booked a flight last month for about $900 ... same flight, same day, is now $1300 a week after the announcements of Thailand loosening Q in October and November.

And it's not just airlines, Agoda pricing for Hotel bookings in Pattaya for nice places like Holiday Inn, Hard Rock, Hilton and the like are up 1000 Baht or more per night for stays in early December a week after the Q loosening news.

7 hours ago, yselmike said:

Prices will go with demand.... you would expect that to be quite high as things open up so apart from some special offers to get things moving, I  expect higher prices. The anti pollution/ climate change wallahs will get back into gear too...and Governments will be looking for places to dump taxes to recover and handle massive debt. And you know what, we will be back where we were and no better for it, probably worse.

So tell me why the prices on the Nov 1st to 30th November London Bangkok thread have been virtually unchanged since the first time I did it way back earlier in 2021

If anything there is way less competition because fewer airlines are flying yet prices remain static

When they ALL start flying again I'd expect even cheaper prices than what we're seeing now

17 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

So tell me why the prices on the Nov 1st to 30th November London Bangkok thread have been virtually unchanged since the first time I did it way back earlier in 2021

If anything there is way less competition because fewer airlines are flying yet prices remain static

When they ALL start flying again I'd expect even cheaper prices than what we're seeing now

Sounds like you will have an extra 500 baht 'Tourist Tax' for a kick off. 

On 10/6/2021 at 8:00 AM, Rawhide2 said:

It's ok for the guys who have a home base in Thailand,wife or condo and can just get on a plane with hand baggage.For the rest of us I foresee having to pay extra for everything,that had already started before COVID.Pay for choice of seat,not just premium but if like me you want an aisle seat,pay.Hold baggage,pay.even meals.I think a basic flight from Amsterdam will be over €1000,before EVA would cost € 600 if I booked early.

Flights with PAL from Manila to Bangkok Jan and Feb have doubled in price in a few weeks. Cebu Pacific the same. 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:18 AM, jacko said:

Sounds like you will have an extra 500 baht 'Tourist Tax' for a kick off. 

Yes but thats not airline related Jacko per se (albeit they'll doubtless have to collect it)

Edited by Rawhide2
20 hours ago, yselmike said:

It's ok for the guys who have a home base in Thailand,wife or condo and can just get on a plane with hand baggage.For the rest of us I foresee having to pay extra for everything,that had already started before COVID.Pay for choice of seat,not just premium but if like me you want an aisle seat,pay.Hold baggage,pay.even meals.I think a basic flight from Amsterdam will be over €1000,before EVA would cost € 600 if I booked early.

Virtually all the flight prices (albeit not all) on that flight thread has baggage included

I'll run it again

1 hour ago, Rawhide2 said:

Virtually all the flight prices (albeit not all) on that flight thread has baggage included

I'll run it again

I checked the flight prices last night,the first time since December 2019.I fly from Amsterdam,EVA have no direct flights,I don't know if that's permanent or if they will revive them when demand picks up.KLM direct is €829 with seat selection and 23kg hold luggage,that's what I paid last March.All! the cheap flights have no seat selection or hold baggage.Qatar had flights €780.The M.E may possibly be ok 6 hours each leg.I want/need,seat selection,one 20kg hold luggage,arrive Bangkok no later than 14/15:00,arrive back in Amsterdam before 18:00.I miss the days when I had the choice between EVA, China Air and KLM they all had direct flights from Amsterdam.

• 4 weeks later...