Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 276 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

FLORIDA NIGHTMARE — Federal Air Traffic Controllers conduct ‘mass sickout’ to protest Vaccine mandate…

Really sad.  Much of the world clamors for more vaccine as they have shortages.  And here in the USA we have organized resistance to it.  In fairness, I am no proponent of the ham handed way they are shoving it down the throats of those opposed to them. 

They have created a resistance movement to vaccines with the overbearing message they are sending.  Weird part is many of them are/were big Trump fans and he aided in getting the vaccines developed.  I wonder if they would be resistant if Trump was still president?  Politics are getting really suck here.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Shooter said:

Really sad.  Much of the world clamors for more vaccine as they have shortages.  And here in the USA we have organized resistance to it.  In fairness, I am no proponent of the ham handed way they are shoving it down the throats of those opposed to them. 

They have created a resistance movement to vaccines with the overbearing message they are sending.  Weird part is many of them are/were big Trump fans and he aided in getting the vaccines developed.  I wonder if they would be resistant if Trump was still president?  Politics are getting really suck here.

Slightly coincidentally, I was reading something yesterday about a guy on a domestic flight in the USA. A passenger had posted how the guy next to him had his mask down under his chin.... and he asked him if he would mind wearing his mask correctly, as all the other passengers were. His response was 'I am not going to be ordered around by you, I will if a flight attendant tells me to' So the attention of a flight attendant was called, he was told it was a Federal requirement (or whatever), and duly he pulled the mask up. As soon as the flight attendant's back was turned,  the guy pulled the mask back down under his chin and proceeded to taunt the guy who originally commented. He (perhaps wisely) made no further efforts, as it could have escalated, and flight attendants weren't patrolling to check.

A knucklehead society we live in, of people who live to not comply. There are enough potentially dangerous incidents on flights from people who are intoxicated or on drugs... and apparently on a sense of self worth. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, jacko said:

Slightly coincidentally, I was reading something yesterday about a guy on a domestic flight in the USA. A passenger had posted how the guy next to him had his mask down under his chin.... and he asked him if he would mind wearing his mask correctly, as all the other passengers were. His response was 'I am not going to be ordered around by you, I will if a flight attendant tells me to' So the attention of a flight attendant was called, he was told it was a Federal requirement (or whatever), and duly he pulled the mask up. As soon as the flight attendant's back was turned,  the guy pulled the mask back down under his chin and proceeded to taunt the guy who originally commented. He (perhaps wisely) made no further efforts, as it could have escalated, and flight attendants weren't patrolling to check.

A knucklehead society we live in, of people who live to not comply. There are enough potentially dangerous incidents on flights from people who are intoxicated or on drugs... and apparently on a sense of self worth. 

I wouldn't waste my breath trying to get someone to follow rules.  People like that are LOOKING for confrontation.  And to be honest I don't believe masks do much to make us safer.  If they were real medical quality masks maybe but the simple things we wear are about as useful as the plastic helmets some Thais wear to meet helmet requirements on a motorcycle. 

And are the masks required these days on long haul international?  I dunno if I could sleep with one on from LAX to TPE or wherever.  Might muffle my snoring.  LOL

3 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I wouldn't waste my breath trying to get someone to follow rules.  People like that are LOOKING for confrontation.  And to be honest I don't believe masks do much to make us safer.  If they were real medical quality masks maybe but the simple things we wear are about as useful as the plastic helmets some Thais wear to meet helmet requirements on a motorcycle. 

And are the masks required these days on long haul international?  I dunno if I could sleep with one on from LAX to TPE or wherever.  Might muffle my snoring.  LOL

My point was not relating to your beliefs on mask efficacy, more of people's attitudes these days. What are the regulations now, within the USA wrt wearing masks on domestic flights? 

1 hour ago, jacko said:

My point was not relating to your beliefs on mask efficacy, more of people's attitudes these days. What are the regulations now, within the USA wrt wearing masks on domestic flights? 

Yeah I got it.  Peoples attitudes suck.  I just expanded on your post my opinion of masks.

I don't know what the rules are.  I haven't flown since Covid started.  I probably will take a short hop in December to visit family in Utah on a small carrier called Allegient from really small airports.  But I assume the rules are the same so I'll have a mask if that's the rules. 

Just looked it up.  Yup.  It's the rules.  Lucky me short flight like an hour.

Probably not the best source.  I haven't seen this elsewhere including groups and pages where the vaccine mandate is a live bone of contention.

I call BS on this. If it were a mass sickout by ATC it would affect more than one airline.

I really wish people would do at least a rudimentary search when an article like the one the OP quoted relies on twatter posts for their news reporting. A simple search comes up with multiple news articles about Southwest canceling flights for dubious reasons. One such article...

Southwest Cancels More Than 1,000 Flights—Pilots Say It’s Not A Protest Over Covid Vaccine Mandate

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I call BS on this. If it were a mass sickout by ATC it would affect more than one airline.

I really wish people would do at least a rudimentary search when an article like the one the OP quoted relies on twatter posts for their news reporting. A simple search comes up with multiple news articles about Southwest canceling flights for dubious reasons. One such article...

Southwest Cancels More Than 1,000 Flights—Pilots Say It’s Not A Protest Over Covid Vaccine Mandate

Yes force, My ANA flights Nov/dec. cancelled "covid".  BS.  They didn't want to land Dulles. Dump me with United out of SFO to Dulles on a smaller plane after i pay for business.  1k plus  add for each of my tickets if i bite.. After 15 years with ANA i'm with Emerites.  Called SWA for a domestic trip cancel. . For a credit no problem, online , for a refund you have to call.  Wait time 61 minutes.  I was going to cx my Amex since i dont need points or a fee. My son advised Dad keep it, they answer the phone and brought your card in a taxi when you left it in a bar in Stockholm. Customer service. Now my brother doesnt care. Air China 700usd to get here. More Baht for pussy to him.

The attitudes of people, like those refusing to wear masks on airplanes, is nothing new but has been exacerbated by the extreme polarization in the USA. Anti vaxxers are not new. They existed in the early 20th century during mandates for smallpox vaccinations. There were formal organizations as there are today. What makes all of this unique is modern so called conventional and social media...again, back to the extreme polarization. Common sense has given way to emotional narcissism.

Given the psychopathy demonstrated by some passengers these days, I don't think the mask wearing passenger was prudent in confronting the other passenger and then tattling to the stewardess. The flight crew was to blame, if the rules are to be taken seriously. They have the power that can be used to incarcerate unruly passengers. If they are not doing their job, complain after the fact and cc the media.

4 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

Given the psychopathy demonstrated by some passengers these days, I don't think the mask wearing passenger was prudent in confronting the other passenger and then tattling to the stewardess. The flight crew was to blame, if the rules are to be taken seriously. They have the power that can be used to incarcerate unruly passengers. If they are not doing their job, complain after the fact and cc the media.

Well and good but is that before or after you test positive for Covid? I believe the guy had a right to at least  ask to be moved away from a passenger not wearing a facemask... 

Quite a few videos on 'It's Gone Viral' of disturbances on flights, mostly in USA.... but there are more on people who refuse to take their carts back to park them at the supermarket, and other busybodies calling them out on it. Makes me think of the old 'Can't we all just get along' phrase. 

Edited by jacko