Jump to content
Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Recommended Posts

I've been double jabbed and made reservations(with option to cancel without charge) for 2 weeks in pattaya January 2022. My question is what are the odds Thailand will fully reopen pattaya.without  quarantine or ASQ for new arrivals? I plan on staying in Pattaya the full 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read somewhere that thailand plan to fully reopen in January. Whether they do or not will decide on several factors and the main one will be how the winter flu season in europe/North America impact on the covid 19 virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For myself, I'm not putting too much time and money into future plans until I get some reports about entering countries without major hassles and problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Al_Davis said:

I've been double jabbed and made reservations(with option to cancel without charge) for 2 weeks in pattaya January 2022. My question is what are the odds Thailand will fully reopen pattaya.without  quarantine or ASQ for new arrivals? I plan on staying in Pattaya the full 2 weeks.

I believe the next step for Pattaya is that you will have to book into an SHA hotel for 7 days. You are free to move around the area during the day but are supposed to stay in the SHA hotel overnight.  IIRC this is supposed to start from 1 November but who knows what will actually happen Expect to hear more after the next CCSA meetings; one is due at the end of this week and there is likely to be another one nearer the end of the month.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tallguy said:

I believe the next step for Pattaya is that you will have to book into an SHA hotel for 7 days. You are free to move around the area during the day but are supposed to stay in the SHA hotel overnight. 

I think "the area" is just the hotel and its grounds, plus areas you get taken to if you go on organised trips. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I think "the area" is just the hotel and its grounds, plus areas you get taken to if you go on organised trips. 

I think that might have been an earlier proposal. Having said that I am not 100% sure about the source that suggested more relaxed arrangements. I guess all will be revealed in the next few weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

It now seems official that the Sandbox concept is being extended to Pattaya from 1st November. You still need to be double-vaccinated, have 50,000 US dollars special covid insurance, have negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure, and have proof of hotel booking and pre-paid tests - RT-PCR on day 1 and antigen test 5 days later (or maybe 6 or 7 days?). Also need to have a Certificate of Entry, although this is being replaced with a "Thailand Pass".

However, at present there doesn't seem to be an official list of Sandbox hotels in Pattaya.

Also, you have to travel from BKK airport to Pattaya via a designated transport, but there's no details explaining exactly what this actually means.

Finally, I'll be travelling with Qatar Air, but I'm not clear whether or not they require a negative RT-PCR test to allow me to fly back home to Scotland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, eastoffife said:

It now seems official that the Sandbox concept is being extended to Pattaya from 1st November. You still need to be double-vaccinated, have 50,000 US dollars special covid insurance, have negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure, and have proof of hotel booking and pre-paid tests - RT-PCR on day 1 and antigen test 5 days later (or maybe 6 or 7 days?). Also need to have a Certificate of Entry, although this is being replaced with a "Thailand Pass".

However, at present there doesn't seem to be an official list of Sandbox hotels in Pattaya.

Also, you have to travel from BKK airport to Pattaya via a designated transport, but there's no details explaining exactly what this actually means.

Finally, I'll be travelling with Qatar Air, but I'm not clear whether or not they require a negative RT-PCR test to allow me to fly back home to Scotland. 

As well as the COVID insurance I will also need the normal medical insurance I suppose.I always get medical insurance to cover any stays in hospital and to fly me back home if I needed. That's another cost that's sure to rise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As before I have no intention of "attempting" to go until February 1st and am hopeful that the preceding 3 months will iron out all the difficulties

Edited by Rawhide2
spelling
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally the requirements have appeared on Thai Embassy website for UK travellers....

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636ce15e39c3bd000734d&menu=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072e2

I'd email the Thai Embassy last weekend with a query and these match what they had put in their reply.

Looks like they've removed the requirement for the $50K Thai COVID insurance as long as you can prove your existing insurance provides the cover.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Looks like they've removed the requirement for the $50K Thai COVID insurance as long as you can prove your existing insurance provides the cover.

 

 

As you said there is a requirement for $50000 insurance. But it doesn't mention that it as to cover covid 19.

I know each travel insurance policy is different but if you fall ill it should cover you in most circumstances unless it is certain pre existing medical conditions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tombon said:

As you said there is a requirement for $50000 insurance. But it doesn't mention that it as to cover covid 19.

I know each travel insurance policy is different but if you fall ill it should cover you in most circumstances unless it is certain pre existing medical conditions.

Most insurance providers will probably be including cover for COVID by now.... I know the Travel Insurance provided as part of my current account has been updated to include COVID cover.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFiend said:

Most insurance providers will probably be including cover for COVID by now.... I know the Travel Insurance provided as part of my current account has been updated to include COVID cover.

There was a few people saying that the insurance had to be bought from a Thai company. Am also guessing that is not the case.

I am not surprised that the thais are insisting on the medical insurance. As pre covid they was complaining about the amount of money owed to the hospitals from tourists. I think the insurance requirement will be here to stay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all countries should require medical insurance from the turists.


Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. To day is the day, they commence the 1 day quarantine for double jabbed tourist. Lets hope it goes smoothly and they powers that be don't panic if covid numbers go up a little. My only concern at this time is, what will happen if someone tests positive on your flight? Will everyone be forced to quarantine and for how long? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Al_Davis said:

Yes. To day is the day, they commence the 1 day quarantine for double jabbed tourist. Lets hope it goes smoothly and they powers that be don't panic if covid numbers go up a little. My only concern at this time is, what will happen if someone tests positive on your flight? Will everyone be forced to quarantine and for how long? 

My thought on that...no... everyone gets tested, and if tested negative, one is allowed to proceed. 

At this point all the passengers on a particular flight will have gone on their own way to different locations for one-night quarantine.....

Edited by jacko
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2021 at 5:06 PM, tombon said:

There was a few people saying that the insurance had to be bought from a Thai company. Am also guessing that is not the case.

 

That was indeed the case but it was subsequently dropped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, monkeyman said:

That was indeed the case but it was subsequently dropped.

From what I've read there is now a insurance certificate letter that needs to be completed by the foreign insurance company. Wonder if anyone has been successful getting an insurance company to sign off on the form.

https://longstay.tgia.org/document/overseas_insurance_certificate.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

From what I've read there is now a insurance certificate letter that needs to be completed by the foreign insurance company. Wonder if anyone has been successful getting an insurance company to sign off on the form.

https://longstay.tgia.org/document/overseas_insurance_certificate.pdf

The letter is available on the Consulate Website Washington but it cannot be completed by BCBS though i have not tried. My agent takes care of the insurance signoff for my extension but said if i leave the country ill need insurance. Thought id like to visit The PI but not worth buying a $1000 policy i dont need. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

The letter is available on the Consulate Website Washington but it cannot be completed by BCBS though i have not tried. My agent takes care of the insurance signoff for my extension but said if i leave the country ill need insurance. Thought id like to visit The PI but not worth buying a $1000 policy i dont need. 

Suggest visiting PI with no re-entry permit, then put the $1000 to better use getting yourself a Non-Imm O visa on your return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Suggest visiting PI with no re-entry permit, then put the $1000 to better use getting yourself a Non-Imm O visa on your return.

Good thought, i just got my extension with a reentry though. Next time i'm in Manareet i'll see what they think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Good thought, i just got my extension with a reentry though. Next time i'm in Manareet i'll see what they think.

I think the way you do things now is good......

I am expecting changes to the retirement extensions based on a Non-Imm-O entry in the future, to require insurance or monetary guarantee for medical cover....  just an inkling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko said:

I think the way you do things now is good......

I am expecting changes to the retirement extensions based on a Non-Imm-O entry in the future, to require insurance or monetary guarantee for medical cover....  just an inkling. 

My agent friend in Bangkok has the same inkling. Lining up possible insurance companies if it happens. I quickly add he has no inside information this is coming or even being discussed.  What a bitch if i paid for an O only to have insurance be a requirement later.  Now with everything opening here i'll be spending prolifically and not have money to travel anyway.   Will wait and combine a US trip with a later PI trip end of next year. Watching the World Series  this morning but can only get a Spanish channel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...