Jump to content
Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Qatar Airways A380 ex Manchester


Recommended Posts

Nice.  Love the 380.  I am flying QATAR US-Doha-BKK in January and pretty sure I'm on A330.  Also a fine jet and in business with a pod so I don't have to wear a mask the whole way.  but a 380 would be better.  Flew them twice and smooth and quiet.  Love them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shooter said:

Nice.  Love the 380.  I am flying QATAR US-Doha-BKK in January and pretty sure I'm on A330.  Also a fine jet and in business with a pod so I don't have to wear a mask the whole way.  but a 380 would be better.  Flew them twice and smooth and quiet.  Love them.

 

Good to hear. My Airline of 15 years ANA has changed routing unfavorably, the plane now a 789 not the 777 and a layover of 8 hours. If that holds when i book i'll change to Emirates first class on the 380 for what i hope is my last trip back to the States.  I told my kids they know where i live and i'll pay their airfare over when they visit.  I asked please no elaborate weddings i have to return for and encouraged the $399. Elvis Chapel Wedding in Vegas.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shooter said:

Flew them twice and smooth and quiet.  Love them.

I got a Qatar A380 ex BKK some years back..... the aircraft was brand new and one great flight in Biz Class.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Good to hear. My Airline of 15 years ANA has changed routing unfavorably, the plane now a 789 not the 777 and a layover of 8 hours. If that holds when i book i'll change to Emirates first class on the 380 for what i hope is my last trip back to the States.  I told my kids they know where i live and i'll pay their airfare over when they visit.  I asked please no elaborate weddings i have to return for and encouraged the $399. Elvis Chapel Wedding in Vegas.  

😄😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

I might consider using Qatar again if they change the aircraft to the A380. 

I have been on self imposed ban on using Qatar due to the bad experience of having to sit on their 787-8 for 7 hours on the MAN-DOH/DOH-MAN legs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tombon said:

I might consider using Qatar again if they change the aircraft to the A380. 

I have been on self imposed ban on using Qatar due to the bad experience of having to sit on their 787-8 for 7 hours on the MAN-DOH/DOH-MAN legs.

I've just booked a trip and for my dates QR28 is showing operated by a 787-9 MAN-DOH and a 777-300ER on QR27 when I return...

I'm wondering if the newer 787-9's are an improvement over their 787-8's....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

I've just booked a trip and for my dates QR28 is showing operated by a 787-9 MAN-DOH and a 777-300ER on QR27 when I return...

I'm wondering if the newer 787-9's are an improvement over their 787-8's....

 

Ahh , that explains why the Pound is taking a dive!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheFiend said:

I've just booked a trip and for my dates QR28 is showing operated by a 787-9 MAN-DOH and a 777-300ER on QR27 when I return...

I'm wondering if the newer 787-9's are an improvement over their 787-8's....

 

I have noticed when searching December flights from MAN that qatar seem to be using the 777 on the DOH-MAN. 

From reviews I have read the 787-9 as the same economy pitch and width as the 787-8. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only ever been on the A380 twice and one of those was upstairs on Qatar in that very small economy section at the back Bangkok Doha in 2016

Was super impressed that day as was my lad who was with me

Edited by Rawhide2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2021 at 12:51 AM, TheFiend said:

I've just booked a trip and for my dates QR28 is showing operated by a 787-9 MAN-DOH and a 777-300ER on QR27 when I return...

I'm wondering if the newer 787-9's are an improvement over their 787-8's....

 

Frankly it doesn't matter what version of aircraft you're on its all about the seat pitch if you're in economy (and avoiding those AVOD boxes)

Biz I guess as I'm sure you are using seems to offer the biggest style of seat layouts though and I guess pitch isn't an issue

Several decent vloggers on youtube (very decent) including Josh Cahill, Noel Phillips and Sam Chui who frequently highlight them. Cahill can be brutal at times with airline reviews

Edited by Rawhide2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree avoiding that dredded AVOD box is very important. But the problem with Qatar's B777-8 was not just the pitch of the seat, its also the width. It ranges from 16.89 inches to 17.28 inches. I must of sat in the 16.89 inch seat. I can still feel the passengers elbow that sat next to me digging into the side of my body.

Edited by tombon
Link to post
Share on other sites

I try and avoid the Qatar Nightmareliner 787's if I can, but that wasn't an option for my trip.

I always plump for a window seat so the elbow next to me isn't a problem as it's Mrs Fiends, but being a 6 footer if the seat in front of me gets reclined it's pushing against my knees.

Fingers crossed for this trip there will be a fewer passengers and the row in front is empty.

As for the Qatar A380's.... I've managed to get the upstairs extra legroom seats a few times just by asking at check-in if they were available.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should also remember - the airframe is not the deciding factor regarding seat comfort.  Airlines kit out the interior of jets as they wish,  and they could put great seats into the 787 if they wished.  The thing to compare is:

Airframe - smoothness of flight.  Air quality.  Noise levels.  380 is awesome and rumor is so is the 787. 

Airline seat - width, pitch, access to the aisle.  etc. 

For me first it's the seating.  I want direct aisle access and no one crawling over me and a lie flat seat.  After that the airframe comes into it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brown1950 said:

Best flights / width / Pitch/ Noise in Y

 

1. Emirates A380

2. Qatar A340-600 (Now Retired)

3. Qatar A350-900

 

Worst has to be Qatar B787-8  

I loved the Qatar A340-600's, managed to enjoy them on the QR836/837 DOH-BKK legs on 2 trips before they were retired.... Had booked a 3rd trip on them but sadly a month before the trip they were withdrawn and the A330-300 was used instead. :crying::crying::crying:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 1:51 AM, tombon said:

I might consider using Qatar again if they change the aircraft to the A380. 

I have been on self imposed ban on using Qatar due to the bad experience of having to sit on their 787-8 for 7 hours on the MAN-DOH/DOH-MAN legs.

Just flown the Qatar 787-9 on the  MAN-DOH route and it's an improvement on the 787-8. The legroom is more bearable and they don't have the dreaded metal boxes underneath the seats. They don't feel as cramped.

The flight was just about full. The meal service was ok but missing the little things like butter, salt and pepper.

Have noticed the timekeeping on QR 28 hasn't been the best lately and was 1.5 hours late departing due to late arrival from DOH. Made up 30 minutes on the way

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Have noticed the timekeeping on QR 28 hasn't been the best lately and was 1.5 hours late departing due to late arrival from DOH. Made up 30 minutes on the way

Caused by all the Covid type extra procedures you think? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...