Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

UK to Samui via BKK

Hello again BM's, I'm getting itchy fingers.:) and thinking of going to Koh Samui in January.

If I fly Emirates to Thailand from the UK, I think that I have to book two seperate tickets, the UK one with EK from BHX-BKK and the BKK-USM one with PG.

Given that it is not a through ticket but Koh Samui airport is an International airport, can I transit through BKK without going through immigration and checking back in again, and then go through immigration/customs at Samui?

I seem to remember a few years ago when returning from Samui with Bangkok Air and Eva Air I was able to leave my baggage at USM and collect it at LHR.

I suppose it depends if PG have an agreement with EK.

Thanks in anticipation Gus

Usually airlines like Emirates will have a code share with a local airline like Bangkok Air, were the ticket will get you from beginning to end destination without having to check in again.

At the moment I believe if you have arrive at BKK you have to clear immigration at BKK and do the "Test and Go" thing with a 1 night stay in a SHA/AQ hotel before you would be allowed to fly to Koh Samui. I don't think they are currently allowing CIQ transfers for other Thai airports.

11 hours ago, Gus said:

Given that it is not a through ticket but Koh Samui airport is an International airport, can I transit through BKK without going through immigration and checking back in again, and then go through immigration/customs at Samui?

I very much doubt it. The flight to Samui will leave from the Domestic terminal and you would be expected to clear immigration and Covid checks in Bangkok. At the moment that includes an overnight stay to wait for the results of a Covid clear test. 

Edited by jacko

I'm not sure of the issues, but can't you just fly via Singapore Airlines to Singapore, then on to Koh Samui? Along with Bangkok Air and Silk Airlines, Singapore Airlines fly direct Singapore - Koh Samui.

Thanks BM's, I am not booking until after Christmas anyway, so things may change. PG's website seems to indicate you have to clear immigration at BKK, I tried on the EK web site to book BHX-USM but it wasn't having it.

Yorta, that's not a bad call, I'll look into it.

9 hours ago, yselmike said:

Maybe possible via Phuket.

I think similar issues.... 

I am going to leave it until after Christmas anyway, but I hope to go to LOS (does anyone still call it that?) around 24th January.

However, I want to make sure that bars are open etc etc, the purpose of going to Thailand is to have some fun, if that is not possible then i can wait.

I have not ruled out a Pattaya, Koh Samet, Koh Chang holiday if I go, patience is a virtue. ?