Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I was watching one of the walking tours on YouTube going through LK metro. I noticed The Golf Club Bar and Guest House appears to have been replaced Mint Restaurant. I know one of the owners, Steve who was a super nice guy, passed away right before my last trip. Any one know when and why they closed? Was it the pandemic or did the remaining owners close it down when Steve passed? Maybe combination of both.

It looks like I will be returning to a very different Pattaya when I make it back. Like starting all over again.  My very first trip to Thailand I was told by friends to stay at the Residence Garden and go to FLB. They were my first stopping points for many years. I got use to flying in and going straight to a bar where the girls recognized me.

Cheers to new adventures!

Golf Club was my watering hole and I was friends with the owners and Steve.  After Steve died I believe there was only one owner left with 100% ownership.  The remaining owner was not interested in running the place and sold.  I wasn't there so second hand info.   New owners apparently kept most of the staff prior to covid.  I have no idea now how the place is doing now.  I will miss the camaraderie of the place.

Not sure why the webpage is still open.  Dale might still be organizing some golf trips using it. 

• 10 months later...

I was a regular at the golf club for a couple of years mainly due to knowing one of the wait staff for almost 20 years. Raj Kumar worked there and was very well liked by the customers but because of the pandemic was I believe sent home to Myanmar, and I seem to have lost all contact with him. Does anyone know what happened to Raj or where he is because I can't get a reply on the web and whilst I know there was a problem with the internet in Myanmar, because of the army and the coup, any info would be very helpful, Thanks

I sometimes went there for breakfast when I lived in VT6. They always had sports on, I think I heard the owner was a wrestler from Ohio State. They had good breakfasts, and Steak Night on the Weber grill.  Good location next to Devils Den.

5 hours ago, sinbinjack said:

I was a regular at the golf club for a couple of years mainly due to knowing one of the wait staff for almost 20 years. Raj Kumar worked there and was very well liked by the customers but because of the pandemic was I believe sent home to Myanmar, and I seem to have lost all contact with him. Does anyone know what happened to Raj or where he is because I can't get a reply on the web and whilst I know there was a problem with the internet in Myanmar, because of the army and the coup, any info would be very helpful, Thanks

Raju is back.  He was there in January but I haven't been there since early March. 

Hi .all It seems Raj is again working at the Golf Club or was earlier in the year ,so if anyone is actually in town and goes into the bar please let Raj know I was asking about him. It might just be that he has lost his laptop because of the covid problems and has no access to his old contacts , so if anyone can speak to him Then remind him of Jack and looking on facebook that my actual facebook name is John McGill. If anyone does speak to him I could relay my email .

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 3:46 AM, sinbinjack said:

Hi .all It seems Raj is again working at the Golf Club or was earlier in the year

Did the Golf Club re-open or is he working at the place that took over the space?  Time, I think it's called.  Are most of the old staff there?

1 hour ago, driftwood said:

Is Raju the one who was cooking on the grill during steak night?

Yes.  And doing most of the other work as well.  If I opened a business I'd poach him first day.  He is a gem.

And it is not Time.  It is called Mint now.  Lots of the old staff but under new owner.

Edited by Shooter
34 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Yes.  And doing most of the other work as well.  If I opened a business I'd poach him first day.  He is a gem.

And it is not Time.  It is called Mint now.  Lots of the old staff but under new owner.

Shooter,

Thanks for the info. Don't know why I had Time in my head.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, driftwood said:

Shooter,

Thanks for the info. Don't know why I had Time in my head.

It is next door so easy to confuse.  last time there Time was doing a great business. 

15 hours ago, Shooter said:

It is next door so easy to confuse.  last time there Time was doing a great business. 

Having sat in the bar for many long hours I can only remember the next door as the Devils den on the right, facing the bar, and a nail or hair shop on the left. Mind you II have not been in almost 3 years.

11 hours ago, sinbinjack said:

Having sat in the bar for many long hours I can only remember the next door as the Devils den on the right, facing the bar, and a nail or hair shop on the left. Mind you II have not been in almost 3 years.

Time expanded and opened up on the left facing the bar.  People drinking there are level with custoers in Mint.  Mint also upgraded the extended area a bit so it is level with the other bars.  Sadly Devils Den is no longer in operation and I forget what is i thie space.

5 minutes ago, Odense said:

Is Devil's Den not planning to reopen soon?
That was what I read on their homepage several months ago.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

The owner has had some serious health problems. The last time he posted anything he still planned to 're-open but that was a while ago now and nothing has happened since.

I hope he is OK but suspect otherwise.

• Like 1

If he reopens I doubt it will be in LK Metro.  I expect he will move to soi Pothole or somewhere like that. 

I do hope he recovers and reopens.

• Like 1