Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Contractors for Condo Remodel - ideas?

Hi, 

I'm looking to do the following: 

"Phase 1"

- New Floor Tiles (and removal of the current ones) 

- New Bathroom (pretty much everything) 

"Phase 2" 

- New Kitchen (incl. electric and water) 

The path of least resistance, I guess, is to go to HomePro (or similar) and buy the Floor Tiles and then buy/order contractors per their recommendations. Is there any immediate drawbacks of doing this? Is it very pricey? I'm not looking for the best price neither do I expect Italian craftmanship - I just want a decent job, done at a decent time to a decent price/performance ratio. 

All ideas are welcome. Pattaya area. Bless! 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chippendalesam said:

I just got into Pattaya 3 weeks ago. I also am seeking a good contractor for some improvements to my condo. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thankyou in advance. 

@Proffesor 

This is the guy you need to consult with.

(Edit: See thread here:https://forums.pattayatalk.com/topic/71358-property-engineering-services-what-we-do/?tab=comments#comment-1281922)

Edited by Bazle
  • Thanks 1

Seasons Greetings to all.

Many thanks to Bazle for this ( and many previous ) referal(s).

I'm not one to blow my own trumpet. We do not ( never have ) advertise(d) - we survive on Reputation and Word-of-Mouth and have remained consistently busy enough throughout Covid, so must be doing something right.

The staff have gone back to their villages for New Year, hopefully returning to work on the 4th January.

If there is anything that you think we might be able to assist with, please get in touch. I'm happy to meet with you during this holiday period to discuss how we might be able to help.

Might I take this opportunity to reiterate " We do not Quote for work". Having worked in Thailand for many years, I've learnt that rarely is something as it appears to be ! We often get into a job and find underlying issues that need attention. Rather than Quote a price, taking into account every imaginable scenario that we might have to "fix" in order to complete the Project - which would make us appear ridiculously expensive, we work on a Cost + 20% basis. The labour rates of various staff are declared up-front. We purchase the materials required to undertake the job to a better than adequate standard. The expenditure is tracked on a Tally Sheet ( Excell ) a 20% margin is added to the Net Total, to calculate the Gross Total - which is the Invoice value. If the job goes well, you get value for money; if we hit snags, they are documented and discussed with the client before we fix them ( properly ) and complete the Project. It costs you more, but you know it's been done properly. Should you change your mind as regards the direction or scope of the original Project, we can change course mid-way and you continue to pay " what it costs" ( and a 20% margin ).

I wish you all a Happy, and Healthy, New Year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2