Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

been told by two people opening times is back to 11 tonight is that right, as i can only  see that from the 24th jan, but  an ex pat of 17 years said last night and a thai gf of a mate also said today 11pm tonight, but i cannot find anywhere on computer saying that

Edited by spurs

I have not heard of this anywhere.... but it is the alcohol sale ban that is to 9pm,

I have also been an Expat of some years. 

Later Edit:

From Monday in 'approved zones' I just heard....

Edited by jacko
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, spurs said:

been told by two people opening times is back to 11 tonight is that right, as i can only  see that from the 24th jan, but  an ex pat of 17 years said last night and a thai gf of a mate also said today 11pm tonight, but i cannot find anywhere on computer saying that

Officially bars will not be able to sell alcohol until 11pm until the new arrangements are published in the Royal Gazette. However, no doubt some bars will take their chances before that.

I heard that one bar was raided at 9.15pm last night.

I was in Cherry Bar last night. Everybody checkbinned just before 9 pm and we waited to drink up and see when the BIB would arrive. Adam and his girls left just after 9, and a uniformed copper on a bike plus a young bloke in civvies turned up at 9.30, shouting at people to leave. Seeing that the barstools were all over the place and there were empty beer bottles left along the bar, I tidied up, collected up the bottles and went inside to leave them next to the till. Got shouted at by the young bloke, ignored him and left. Could have been awkward, as he might have thought I was the bar owner and made a problem. In 13 years as a resident, I've never encountered such rudeness or heavy-handed bullying of farang. This place has truly changed for the worse and will have a hard time coming back if this authoritarian tone continues.  

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Bushcraft said:

I was in Cherry Bar last night. Everybody checkbinned just before 9 pm and we waited to drink up and see when the BIB would arrive. Adam and his girls left just after 9, and a uniformed copper on a bike plus a young bloke in civvies turned up at 9.30, shouting at people to leave. Seeing that the barstools were all over the place and there were empty beer bottles left along the bar, I tidied up, collected up the bottles and went inside to leave them next to the till. Got shouted at by the young bloke, ignored him and left. Could have been awkward, as he might have thought I was the bar owner and made a problem. In 13 years as a resident, I've never encountered such rudeness or heavy-handed bullying of farang. This place has truly changed for the worse and will have a hard time coming back if this authoritarian tone continues.  

Sounds like you encountered one of the police wannabe/volunteers high on imagined power.

I encountered one last year when they had the barriers set up along the railway road separating Pattaya into green and red zones. I was on the Pattaya side and some police wannabe, in civvies, saw me taking pictures and started demanding I lift my bicycle over the barrier into the red zone. Told her no way was I going to do that as I live in Pattaya in the green zone not far away. Got back on my bike and rode away to her angry shouts for me to stop. Worse than parking attendants with a whistle.

I was at Defactos on Soi Pothole last night until closing time. The owner usually makes a last call at 8:45, but he lost track of the time talking to us. Pointed out it was getting on 8:55 and he did an "oh shit" and started hustling the staff to get customers to pay up. With the exception of the cashier light the place went dark promptly at 9. I left about 10 minutes later and noticed the BIB starting to make their way up the soi.

I'll be happy when this 9pm closing nonsense ends. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'll be happy when this 9pm closing nonsense ends. 

It's official is it.... Sunday night or Monday?