Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Visa stamp

I just got a new passport, I had to do my 90 day check in today so I asked them to put the Visa stamps into my new passport, no problem they did it and charged me 300baht for doing it.

I did the exact same thing in Soi 5 last week. No problem, I was able to collect both passports with new entries in the new one next day. Free of charge though. 

As stated the transfer of the Extension Stamp (A Visa cannot be transferred) is usually a free service, drop off the two passports one day, pick up the next day. I actually paid to get mine done, but that was because I did not want to queue up and stand in a line down soi 5... so an agent did it for 2000 baht. 

Don't forget to tell your bank and phone company of the new ID .... I also did my Med. Insurance. 

Edited by jacko
14 hours ago, Bushcraft said:

I did the exact same thing in Soi 5 last week. No problem, I was able to collect both passports with new entries in the new one next day. Free of charge though. 

That just shows that there is no set rules for immigration offices, but I didn't mind paying the 300 baht because I gave the lady the 2 passports and in 5 minutes she gave them back done.

10 hours ago, Bushcraft said:

The 300 unquestionably went into her own pocket. No question, I'd gladly have paid the same to avoid another trip.

Yes, me too. Even paying an agent somewhat more to do the job I had to go back to their office later, I think it was a few days later actually. 

Edited by jacko
  • 1 year later...

There is a form but it is only a couple of entries, name and maybe address.  Bring a pen.