Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

first cheap fares from usa.

Just got e-mail from Singapore airlines. 647.87 from lax to bkk. These are the first i have seen.

Maybe it will start to open up again. airfares at least. PI is open now but no cheap fares yet.

This should be an interesting year.?

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Strange because although the choice is still limited the cheap fares never really went away out of the UK.....I just very quickly did a check on a Gulf air flight which I'd done for a friend previously leaving next Thursday for a month and still only £340 (same as a month ago)

My friend and I have just booked return flights from Christchurch NZ to Singapore then Bangkok for $1,500 each. That's over $100 cheaper than when I last flew in 2019.

Only 1 stop with 3 hours one way and 1.5 hours on the return. It's brilliant.

The flights can be changed at any time until a week before departure for no additional charge other than difference in the flights. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, awesum4 said:

My friend and I have just booked return flights from Christchurch NZ to Singapore then Bangkok for $1,500 each. That's over $100 cheaper than when I last flew in 2019.

Only 1 stop with 3 hours one way and 1.5 hours on the return. It's brilliant.

The flights can be changed at any time until a week before departure for no additional charge other than difference in the flights. 

I presume that is $1500 NZ currency, which is about $4.50 US isn't it? ?  I  paid AUD836.00 for a return flight direct Sydney/Bangkok return, in April., returning in May, via Thai Air. A few dollars more than I paid last time I flew, but that was over 3 years ago.:crying:

Looking at Singapore for round trip BKK-US and seeing good fares.  It would be a long routing but figure they would be as good as anyone for refunds if the world flips over again.

14 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Further down that page was this.....is that the shortest transit connection ever !!

I recall having tight transfer times in Vienna in the distant past, Austrian seem to do that...although I might have been on Austrian to Lauda myself. Ancient history....

Surely there can't be security involved in such a quick one. 

Edited by jacko

I'd say you are right about security - I always estimate 30-40 minutes to get through security.

However, I've been let past security on a couple of occasions at Istanbul when the first leg of the trip was delayed and they had a large number of onward passengers.

So it might be just possible if the inward and onward gates are close together.

I would be very worried about checked baggage - twentyfive minutes does not seem long enough to get the bags off the aircraft, sorted into destinations and on to the onward flight.