Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya Beer Garden........2020

I used to have a regular who worked in Silver Star, she was about 5' 3" size 6 about 45kg. Before she got snapped up we would always call in the beer garden for a drink and food, it would usually be my 1st or 2nd night in Patts so I would always have green curry and she would have steak and chips.

I've always told girls I've eaten with order what you want and I'm more than happy to pay but I don't like to see wasted food, I've seen girls with other guys order 5 dishes and leave loads taking the piss and on principle I won't do it.

It was great to see her getting big steak and chips and leave the plate clean and then I would get the see I've eaten it all smile, the rest of the holiday would eat less than a mouse but that 1st night it like getting ready for hibernation.

looking forward to watch the sunset sat outside looking over the sea with a nice cold Heinekan, within the next 12 months at least

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mods Post. I've split it off from the previous thread, which  I've now locked as it was 7 years old when it was resurrected!! KM

Posted Images

Yes, The Pattaya Beer Garden will close again (temporarily), with Tuesday 29 September being the last day for the public. 
We gave it our best shot, after reopening following the initial Covid closure.  We have tried now for 3 months but never looked even close to breaking even let alone making a profit.  I have been subsidizing the losses to try and keep the jobs going but if I keep doing it I will soon be broke.  
Our lease came up for renewal during all this and we have signed up for a further 3 years.  As soon as the business looks even remotely viable again we will reopen.  We have an internet group subscribed by all staff so it is easy to keep in touch and simple to bring them all back again.
Thanks to everyone who visited during these trying times.  As soon as we decide to open again I will announce it here.
I am glad it is only temporary.
Hopefully we will be allowed to visit Thailand again (without quarantine) soon and enjoy the PBG again.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I usually don't have much confidence in businesses, but this is one that will continue to thrive after Covid. I usually walk by it, but I'll make a point of popping in there for supper when it reopens.

p.s. an earlier post was the funniest shit I'd read in ages.555555

I hope I’m wrong but I suspect with another 9 possibly 12 months being closed, the fixtures and fittings are going to be destroyed by the Thai weather....... to reopen is going to take a big investment at the end of the zero revenue pandemic...... new tables and chairs...... new kitchen...... before you start paying for ingredients and entire new range of alcohol 

9 hours ago, pinoydave said:

I hope I’m wrong but I suspect with another 9 possibly 12 months being closed, the fixtures and fittings are going to be destroyed by the Thai weather....... to reopen is going to take a big investment at the end of the zero revenue pandemic...... new tables and chairs...... new kitchen...... before you start paying for ingredients and entire new range of alcohol 

I saw a post recently where some painting of chairs etc was going on there, and apparently the construction work on the beer bars at the entrance is completed. Can't say whether there is some maintenance or upkeep plan in place though, but this suggests it. Perhaps the odd BM can take a walk down there to see if anything is going on... I haven't been in the area for a good while now. 

Edited by jacko
  • 11 months later...

Really hopeful and good news. Have you heard from Pete? I don't know him.  A waitress i keep in touch with had to leave Pattaya, no money. She has a friend here and likes her job at the BG. Likes the beach.  Now working on a farm up north with little money and hard work. I have never sponsored before but she only needs 3.5k for the room and 3k living expenses. I'm thinking to do it with the understanding when BG opens the support ends.

Edit   To give an idea of what the non gogo girls have as options.  My GF's bar called to offer her job back. Mainly cleaning, easy waitress job. She wants to work but 3,000 month  0800-8pm  7days a week. I told her up to her but pass. Previous going option was 7k a month, 8 hour days and 6 days a week.

Edited by sailingbill
  • Sad 1
36 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

Edit   To give an idea of what the non gogo girls have as options.  My GF's bar called to offer her job back. Mainly cleaning, easy waitress job. She wants to work but 3,000 month  0800-8pm  7days a week. I told her up to her but pass. Previous going option was 7k a month, 8 hour days and 6 days a week.

We get a lot of complaints here when anyone tries to get  bargains from the girls in these hard times, but here we see they do it to their own. I mean, 3000 baht/month, and so many hours. 

I also had a chat to an MPG recently, who was unusually stern and wanted to predefine prices in advance, which was unusual.... transpires she had been poorly paid the day before when she failed to do that. 

Hard times....

Saw a few suitcases on wheels being dragged about yesterday... people are arriving in town. 

Edited by jacko
5 hours ago, parry said:

Any news on a possible re-opening of the fantastic Pattaya Beer Garden. Pattayapete said as soon as the business looks even remotely viable again we will reopen, so hopefully it will.

Posted on another forum was a picture of PBG with the shutters half up and workers on site. No info on what they were doing, but hoping they're the cleaning crew getting the place ready to reopen.

a lot of activity, 

1 hour ago, jacko said:

We get a lot of complaints here when anyone tries to get  bargains from the girls in these hard times, but here we see they do it to their own. I mean, 3000 baht/month, and so many hours. 

I also had a chat to an MPG recently, who was unusually stern and wanted to predefine prices in advance, which was unusual.... transpires she had been poorly paid the day before when she failed to do that. 

Hard times....

Saw a few suitcases on wheels being dragged about yesterday... people are arriving in town. 

A lot of activity, im happy but hate those fume belching tour buses are on the roads again.  I dont understand the guys that want to bargain down at this point but their money. To me easy, a Sweet Soi 6 , MP girl or a lovely at Kittens or Classroom for 1-2k all in. Maybe a phone number for later.  Even a Boomerang stunner or Kinks girl 2k. ST. Ive been here awhile but not so long as i forget the price and attitude that awaits me in Vegas.

40 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Posted on another forum was a picture of PBG with the shutters half up and workers on site. No info on what they were doing, but hoping they're the cleaning crew getting the place ready to reopen.

Thanks for that, i hope no regrets but im bringing the girl back from the farm.

That is good news Pete.
Too bad about the insects - could it have been prevented with some impregnation t the time of closure - or is the repairs after simply cheaper?

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 5:13 AM, PattayaPete said:

It seems that while closed the PBG has still been feeding the masses.  Unfortunately the masses are insects and the food has been our wooden tables and chairs.  The work crews are rebuilding the furniture and expunging any insect infested wood from the premises.  A bigger job that I expected.

We have tentative plans to re-open on 15 January for limited hours and with a limited menu.  Probably 3 - 11 pm.  Nothing is sure yet as the situation here remains fluid and Omicron has yet to hit heavily.  It's the government response to Omicron that remains the big unknown although the health minister has stated unequivocally that lock downs will not be reinstated.

We will see.   

Hopefully you will be open when I am able to come to fun town as I really enjoyed my meals sitting by the sea and was so unhappy when you closed , I thought for ever, but glad things are moving in the right direction.

Best wishes Pete, you must have the patience of Job to be still resilient and ready to give it go after what the last couple of years have been like. Look forward to a beer at the Beer Garden....one day!

Have to see  how Pete feels about the latest requirements regarding recent Covid tests for all customers.....

A place I usually go to closed up for the New Years Holidays, scheduled to reopen 4th, but it appears they did not bother. 

On 12/20/2021 at 5:13 AM, PattayaPete said:

It seems that while closed the PBG has still been feeding the masses.  Unfortunately the masses are insects and the food has been our wooden tables and chairs.  The work crews are rebuilding the furniture and expunging any insect infested wood from the premises.  A bigger job that I expected.

We have tentative plans to re-open on 15 January for limited hours and with a limited menu.  Probably 3 - 11 pm.  Nothing is sure yet as the situation here remains fluid and Omicron has yet to hit heavily.  It's the government response to Omicron that remains the big unknown although the health minister has stated unequivocally that lock downs will not be reinstated.

We will see.   

Hi, are you opening tomorrow?

That is probably a smart choice.
I think most of us are unwilling to risk being sent into 14 days hospital quarantine as uninfected just because someone in near me in the plane is testing positive.
And most of the travel health insurances will not even cover the price of the quarantine if you are testing negative.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/15/2022 at 11:24 AM, PattayaPete said:

Sadly no. 

We are ready to open and will do as soon as the Corona (government) situation allows tourists to enter Thailand with out unreasonable restrictions and alcohol can be sold.

Any  update on when Pattaya Beer Garden will open?

• Like 1
On 3/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, PattayaPete said:

I am reluctant to name a date given all the delays we have had.  Our plan at the moment is to open again on 18 March.  Fairly confident of this baring any new changes in the situation with Covid.

We are looking forward to having our Old Farts Saturday lunch at your restaurant again ?.

• Like 1